Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

Originally posted by OldAlum View Post
    Maybe, with the opening created by Brady's departure, there is a roster addition the details of which are still being sorted out?
    Good point...
    BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Is anyone else not able to post tickets for sale on the new website?

Comment

Interesting to see David Farrance on the Sioux City pre-season roster

Comment

Originally posted by jimbaran View Post
          Interesting to see David Farrance on the Sioux City pre-season roster
          Indeed, considering the team tweeted this a few days ago:
          https://***********/TerrierHockey/st...50722382426112
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Well, that will teach me to trust elite prospects!

Comment

Originally posted by jimbaran View Post
              Well, that will teach me to trust elite prospects!
              Well, I think the tweet clearly shows that the intention is/was for Farrance to return. Perhaps Sioux City is/was the back-up plan should there be any off-ice "challenges". I hope he is all set to return, but I do wonder why we still haven't seen the freshman class announcement yet. We are getting awfully close to the season starting...

Comment

• Originally posted by defkit View Post
                Well, I think the tweet clearly shows that the intention is/was for Farrance to return. Perhaps Sioux City is/was the back-up plan should there be any off-ice "challenges". I hope he is all set to return, but I do wonder why we still haven't seen the freshman class announcement yet. We are getting awfully close to the season starting...
                Farrance is at BU. USHL teams had until today to cut from 30 man roster to 23 man. There was some sense there could “challenges” as you put it so Sioux City took a flyer and drafted him. He has not played in any preseason games for them.
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

So something of interest while things are still slow around here. An email went out to FOH members for an invitation to watch a scrimmage at Agganis. It mentions some "improvements" at Agganis including an "upgraded video board." I didn't think there was anything wrong with the one we had but that should be cool. I did notice in a photo of BU's matriculation that the ribbon displays had been taken down.

Comment

Sharing a letter sent to BU athletics alumni by former Terrier Head Coach Jack Parker encouraging contributions to the GoFundMe account created to support Elliot Driben, the 73-year-old BU superfan, affectionately known as “the Mayor of Terrier Nation.”

Dear Former Terrier Greats,

Our friend and erstwhile “Greatest Terrier Fan” Elliot Driben is in an assisted living facility in Evans Park. He is struggling in a number of ways, one of which is financially. He needs our help.

Elliot probably gave a larger percentage of his income to BU Athletic teams than anyone—ever. And he did it every year for over forty years. He touched every athlete’s life, so I am hoping we can help him in his time of need.

Any amount you can contribute will be appreciated and will help keep Elliot safe and secure. He deserves at least that after all he has done for the rest of us.

The GoFundMe link is: https://www.gofundme.com/elliot-dribens-care.

Please participate!

Many thanks,
                    Jack Parker

Comment

Originally posted by Tater View Post
                      So something of interest while things are still slow around here. An email went out to FOH members for an invitation to watch a scrimmage at Agganis. It mentions some "improvements" at Agganis including an "upgraded video board." I didn't think there was anything wrong with the one we had but that should be cool. I did notice in a photo of BU's matriculation that the ribbon displays had been taken down.
                      The video board that was there, and had been since the arena opened, was an SD board. They badly needed to improve it to HD, it'd be great if they did. I also hope they come to their senses and extend the ribbon displays all the way around the arena, it looked dumb with them only on the sides.
                      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
                        Farrance is at BU. USHL teams had until today to cut from 30 man roster to 23 man. There was some sense there could “challenges” as you put it so Sioux City took a flyer and drafted him. He has not played in any preseason games for them.
                        Thanks for the info. Farrance is a key to this team doing well, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                          I do wonder why we still haven't seen the freshman class announcement yet. We are getting awfully close to the season starting...
                          Tomorrow via twitter. Also, an announcement about Agganis Arena later in the afternoon...... maybe about the new video boards?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                            Tomorrow via twitter. Also, an announcement about Agganis Arena later in the afternoon...... maybe about the new video boards?
                            The article I read didn't mention the video screens, only the band at the top of the scoreboard and the the two along the sides of the arena. 1) Did we really need a special announcement for that? And 2) That's the best they could do?

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                              The article I read didn't mention the video screens, only the band at the top of the scoreboard and the the two along the sides of the arena. 1) Did we really need a special announcement for that? And 2) That's the best they could do?
                              Well, if they were referring to the whole center ice unit as a "videoboard," I guess they are technically correct though I read that as meaning the screen also.

I'm not sure a couple of tweets is that special of an announcement and it is an improvement even if it is marginal. Like I said before, I think the video screen is fine and looks crisp enough to me.

Brass is going to be ****ed that the band doesn't wrap around the arena.

Comment

26-man roster now posted. No surprises. Freshmen & grad transfer intro'd on Twitter. tinyurl.com/ybcko2br
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X