Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

only a couple months until the run of exhibitions for $$$$
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Re: BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
    only a couple months until the run of exhibitions for $$$$

Now is the winter of our discontent/made summer glorious by the sun of York
    Shakespeare, Richard III

Where do we find ourselves next?

Comment

Originally posted by Berkshire BU Fan View Post
      Now is the winter of our discontent/made summer glorious by the sun of York
      Shakespeare, Richard III

Where do we find ourselves next?
      you think drew called jrrrry and made an offer?
      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I would be happy to take "mild criticism" of my school if the giver of said criticism could back up the criticism with reasoned arguments and facts. So far, Wodon has given no good reason to support his argument that "BU's AD locked himself in a bubble during this process and it's going to cost this storied program dearly." That's a very strong statement, for a writer to throw that out there with no substantiation then get mad when people ask for elaboration or clarification is foolish.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
          I would be happy to take "mild criticism" of my school if the giver of said criticism could back up the criticism with reasoned arguments and facts. So far, Wodon has given no good reason to support his argument that "BU's AD locked himself in a bubble during this process and it's going to cost this storied program dearly." That's a very strong statement, for a writer to throw that out there with no substantiation then get mad when people ask for elaboration or clarification is foolish.
          Part of me thinks the disappointment (even delusional bitterness - see Wodon, Adam) from some in the college hockey media over BU promoting Albie -- similar to DU promoting Carle, NoDak promoting Berry, and Union promoting Bennett -- is that they WANTED a salacious process and outcome so it would give them something more to write about. I can see how from a journalists' standpoint, BU hiring a different alum or hiring Bennett would've been much more interesting for them to cover b/c of the ramifications such hire would've brought to BU both on and off-ice. To me this was reinforced by the lack of media present at Albie's presser as well as the scarcity of questions (3 total -- 2 of which were asked by the same journalist).

If the search/hiring process begged questions, why weren't media who have criticized or speculated on the process present at the press conference? And for the handful of media members present, why didn't any of them ask Drew to further elaborate on the process if it begged some questions?

Comment

Mike McMahon had an interesting tweet that both BU and BC coaches are from Watertown. We should schedule an exhibition in a local rink there!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Mike McMahon had an interesting tweet that both BU and BC coaches are from Watertown. We should schedule an exhibition in a local rink there!
              The JAR! Beware of the pizza.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                I thought that was in Waltham?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  No, it's in Watertown and I never want to see another game there as long as I live (although I probably will this fall ). However, if BU and BC were to play at Ryan Arena it would have to count against each teams' 34-game limit even if it was considered an exhibition, so I don't think it will happen. Of course, it did happen it would be very close to a throwback game playing in such an old and small rink. I would guess with the limited seating ticket demand would far exceed ticket supply.

Sean
                  Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
                  Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
                  BU Hockey highlights and extras
                  NCAA Hockey Financials
                  Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
                  I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Bentley is in Waltham but the JAR where they used to play is in Watertown (Also the Watertown “public” rink I believe)

Comment

Postgame crowd at the Town Diner would be crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
                        No, it's in Watertown and I never want to see another game there as long as I live (although I probably will this fall ). However, if BU and BC were to play at Ryan Arena it would have to count against each teams' 34-game limit even if it was considered an exhibition, so I don't think it will happen. Of course, it did happen it would be very close to a throwback game playing in such an old and small rink. I would guess with the limited seating ticket demand would far exceed ticket supply.

Sean
                        BTW (I didn't get a chance to get this into the previous thread before it closed)...I thought your "response" to Adam was excellent and thanks for taking the time to write it (regardless of how it may have been "dismissed" by him).

Comment

Alas, poor mookie, I knew him well... enough to know he'd crack a Jerry York joke.

Actually, we don't want York or his son. We want York's sun.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
                            If the search/hiring process begged questions, why weren't media who have criticized or speculated on the process present at the press conference? And for the handful of media members present, why didn't any of them ask Drew to further elaborate on the process if it begged some questions?
                            Since it was on Facebook and social media a day earlier, there was not much "new news" value.

If the media did not already know who was being hired, a lot more would have been present.

Comment

I still can't work out what the objection to BU's preference for hiring an alum would be, particularly if he is qualified for the job (which he clearly is).
                              Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

Working...
                              X