Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

School isn't for everyone
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
      The Bruins misled JFK, but also shot themselves in the foot by allowing him to burn an ELC year, so that worked to his benefit. But he clearly wasn't NHL-ready last season. Neither is Brady, but maybe Ottawa thinks he is and wants to get some good press for their team at the start of the year.
      If you can't play in the NHL, who cares if you burned an entry level year?

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        Yeah, I’m thinking it’s the school part of it that is the reason he decided to turn pro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
          Yeah, I’m thinking it’s the school part of it that is the reason he decided to turn pro.
          Mookie also isn’t saying he can’t hack it.... but like “if I’m only staying another year at most, why bother with classes and stuff when I can hang with the boys in MJ and stuff” school ain’t for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
            Was thinking the same thing. His brother went MJ. Maybe he came to the realization he just didn't like the actual school aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              If you can't play in the NHL, who cares if you burned an entry level year?
              Just because he couldn't play in the NHL this year doesn't mean he won't be able to in 2-3 years. Point is, he was able to continue his development while burning a full ELC year in a matter of days.
              ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

• Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                Just because he couldn't play in the NHL this year doesn't mean he won't be able to in 2-3 years. Point is, he was able to continue his development while burning a full ELC year in a matter of days.
                “Continue his development” may become a mean nothing catch phrase soon....
                Next we are going to hear about river continuing his development

Comment

I totally get that Brady may not have liked the school aspect, I just thought he would have known that going in, given that he could talk to two family members, one who went the NCAA route, one who didn't. And the USNDTP kids must have tons of resources in the form of alumni that they can talk to about which route makes the most sense.

As far as JFK, based on what I have heard, I think he is still NHL material, it seems like he had a good year in Providence other than his injury. Lots of people fighting for not a ton of spots. I see this season as one where he sees some legitimate time in Boston, but not the entire year. He'll likely start in Providence again.
                  BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

Hey,, things change. 1/2 of marriages end in divorce too

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      Well I wish Brady the best in the future, but I don't see the logic.
                      - Rumor was that he was likely coming back unless he dominated at the WJSS. From what I saw, he was good, but by no means dominant.
                      Jeff Cox trying to be first strikes again.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                        The Bruins misled JFK, but also shot themselves in the foot by allowing him to burn an ELC year, so that worked to his benefit. But he clearly wasn't NHL-ready last season. Neither is Brady, but maybe Ottawa thinks he is and wants to get some good press for their team at the start of the year.
                        I wonder if the Bruins with JFK was at least indirectly influenced by the Kevin Hayes and Jimmy Vesey situations creating a motivation get your college guy under contract as quick as you can, lest they end up staying the four years and...
                        The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                        BC - 12
                        BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                          I wonder if the Bruins with JFK was at least indirectly influenced by the Kevin Hayes and Jimmy Vesey situations creating a motivation get your college guy under contract as quick as you can, lest they end up staying the four years and...
                          Mookie loves his terriors like the rest of em, but no way was Jacob in the class of those two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tater View Post
                            Jeff Cox trying to be first strikes again.
                            Thought there was more than one person who said it was looking like he would return to BU. No idea who his sources are but he still does a pretty good job for guys who report on this stuff.

Comment

Mookie loves his terriors like the rest of em, but no way was Jacob in the class of those two.
                              I'm not implying that he was. Just saying that particularly after Nashville went public with how upset they were at the Vesey situation, there was some panic amongst teams to get their college players in the fold as quick as possible.
                              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
                              BC - 12
                              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

JFK was a much better player than Kevin Hayes through their first two college seasons. I think it is highly likely JFK would have had a better junior season, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X