Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone go to the scrimmage today? How did they look?

Comment

• Re: BU offseason thread - this begs some questions!

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
      Anyone go to the scrimmage today? How did they look?
      Yes. Looked bad.

Comment

So no one other than this drunk from Maine has an opinion on how the team looked at the scrimmage? Did anyone even go? Is this the level of enthusiasm we can expect from fans following the naming of Albie O'Connell as head coach?

Comment

Do any of your fans even know there is a scrimmage? BC doesn't advertise a scrimmage but maybe BU does.

Comment

So no one other than this drunk from Maine has an opinion on how the team looked at the scrimmage? Did anyone even go? Is this the level of enthusiasm we can expect from fans following the naming of Albie O'Connell as head coach?
            I'm afraid the 9000 mile commute prevented me from attending...
            Boston University CAS'88

GO BU!

Comment

There were maybe 30 people there. A beautiful Saturday afternoon, during which there was a Red Sox game down the street, I'm surprised that many showed up. Plus it wasn't advertised, people found out via email and I have no idea where the got the list because I had to ask for it. But whatever. They sampled a new concession - meatballs. There are three types. I had the Classic and it was DELICIOUS. Highly recommend for anyone who attends games this year. They are getting rid of the mini donuts. I told the guy who runs concessions they need to do a better job with the size of the ice cream portion.

The team looked very speedy to me. The White team won 3-1. As the practice jerseys do not have names on them, a few us were jokingly doing play by play using the names of former players that wore those jerseys. And then we had a meet and greet with most of the team, including the freshmen. They also gave out leftover Boni-gnomes and the three Hobey bobbleheads. Albie was there, said a few words. Paul Pearl was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                There were maybe 30 people there. A beautiful Saturday afternoon, during which there was a Red Sox game down the street, I'm surprised that many showed up. Plus it wasn't advertised, people found out via email and I have no idea where the got the list because I had to ask for it. But whatever. They sampled a new concession - meatballs. There are three types. I had the Classic and it was DELICIOUS. Highly recommend for anyone who attends games this year. They are getting rid of the mini donuts. I told the guy who runs concessions they need to do a better job with the size of the ice cream portion.

The team looked very speedy to me. The White team won 3-1. As the practice jerseys do not have names on them, a few us were jokingly doing play by play using the names of former players that wore those jerseys. And then we had a meet and greet with most of the team, including the freshmen. They also gave out leftover Boni-gnomes and the three Hobey bobbleheads. Albie was there, said a few words. Paul Pearl was there.
                I got no such email, seeing as I get most things from the team it was likely just narrowly sent out to FOH members.

Really don't think you can draw a lot of conclusions from practice scrimmages.
                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post

After I posted, I saw a picture on Twitter. It showed one solitary guy in the stands, eating a tub of popcorn. It seemed a little sad. I would've expected more people to come out; I guess I assumed it was open to students (even though the email I got didn't mention students at all) and it was going to replace the old Midnight Mania thing we used to do.

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                    I got no such email, seeing as I get most things from the team it was likely just narrowly sent out to FOH members.

Really don't think you can draw a lot of conclusions from practice scrimmages.
                    The email I got was for all season ticket holders, Premium seat holders, Friends, Coach's cabinet, etc. It is a shame more people didn't go. Also, I think speed is kind of an inherent thing that can be gleaned from a scrimmage. You either have it or you don't. We just have to hope they use their speed correctly in games this season, unlike the vast majority of last year.

Comment

Eichel has been named Captain of the Sabres. Good for him.
                      It Happened!!!!

Comment

The email I got was for all season ticket holders, Premium seat holders, Friends, Coach's cabinet, etc. It is a shame more people didn't go. Also, I think speed is kind of an inherent thing that can be gleaned from a scrimmage. You either have it or you don't. We just have to hope they use their speed correctly in games this season, unlike the vast majority of last year.
                        I got no such email, neither did anyone I know of, nor did any of the student social media accounts mention it. If it was meant to be sent to all of those groups, the message did not get sent. I would've loved to go.

Also, in a practice scrimmage it's unlikely players are skating at 100% speed. No one wants to risk injury in what was likely a fairly casual thing more intended for fan enjoyment than meaningful practice.
                        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Jack Eichel named captain of the Sabres today. Can you name the other three Terriers who became NHL captains and the teams?
                          The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
                            Jack Eichel named captain of the Sabres today. Can you name the other three Terriers who became NHL captains and the teams?
                            You owe me a beer. #DoublePost.

Tony Amonte was Captain of the Chicago Blackhawks (I have the jersey to prove it.)
                            Chris Drury, Rangers?
                            I'm stuck on the third one.
                            It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Tony Amonte was Captain of the Chicago Blackhawks (I have the jersey to prove it.)
                              Chris Drury, Rangers?
                              Tkachuk - Jets, Coyotes

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post

Chris Drury, Rangers?
                                Thanks, Bomber. Forgot about Amonte, so there are four prior to Eichel. Drury was captain of both the Rangers and Sabres. Tkachuk also captained the Blues. Shawn McEachern led the Atlanta Thrashers for two seasons.
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X