X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 10: Pack the Court!

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    You're on your own for assumptions.

Make a straight over/under call at 53.5.
    Under.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I am not sure Grassley knows what the word "transparent" means.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        I am not sure Republicans know what the word "transparent" means.
        fyp
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
          I said back when Harry went nuclear it was a bad move because some day it might not be your thumb on the trigger you've made available.
          If you and Scooby think McConnell wouldn't have gone nuclear himself regardless, you're more naive than I thought.

Comment

Well I was just saying that in response to his statement this would be the most transparent process in history or some such nonsense.

Here is the thing, and yes I know the reason but still, it isnt like postponing for a few days will change anything. The GOP will still have the votes to do it. There is no reason for Grassley not to let the Dems have the time to review the documents. Seriously it will change nothing except it will make it look way less rigged and like they are hiding something. Their actions make it reasonable to believe there is something in those records that will make Kavanaugh problematic as a Supreme. They didnt do this with Gorsuch why do it with Kavanaugh?

It is the same game Trump is playing. If you have nothing to hide why are you hiding?
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
              If you and Scooby think McConnell wouldn't have gone nuclear himself regardless, you're more naive than I thought.
              They play the long game better. This started in 1980 and they have waited a long time but are now getting massive returns.

Comment

This.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

This.
                  Never would have happened. The Democrats would have never gummed up the works so bad that it would have been necessary.

Again, context matters.

Comment

100% they would have. They dont have the votes without it. McConnell doesnt care he would have done it in a heartbeat. I know that goes against your schtick but context matters as you say.
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

-aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        100% they would have. They dont have the votes without it. McConnell doesnt care he would have done it in a heartbeat. I know that goes against your schtick but context matters as you say.
                        Doesn't matter who would have pulled the trigger first. Harry did and that may go down as one of his worst decisions.
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Let's say that's true. Then this all would have been on them. Instead the Democrats opened the door. You gave them a narrative.

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Doesn't matter who would have pulled the trigger first. Harry did and that may go down as one of his worst decisions.
                          This. It was beyond stupid.

Comment

Too late Durbin. Too late.

Comment

I am not sure Grassley knows what the word "transparent" means.
                              Does it involve having two mommies? That'd set Grassley off for sure!
                              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

We'll never know, because Reid screwed up and made it easy for Mitch.
                                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X