This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burd View Post
    Lucky for you, it's June 6, and you have all summer to fish, golf, read, and rest before you have to deal with us again.
    Haha. That’s a good point.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Re: SCOTUS 10: Pack the Court!

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
      Actually, most of the time around here I feel like a seventh grade teacher.
      So you feel like a money hungry, cash grabbing, overpaid lazy POS?
      /Republicans

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The thread title is the issue. No one cares about the Constitution anymore, only legislating from the bench. On BOTH sides. Another wonderful legacy of FDR.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          The thread title is the issue. No one cares about the Constitution anymore, only legislating from the bench. On BOTH sides. Another wonderful legacy of FDR.

When did "legislating from the bench" begin, in your opinion, and with what cases? Explain the faulty rationale.
          Last edited by burd; 06-07-2018, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            So you feel like a money hungry, cash grabbing, overpaid lazy POS?
            /Republicans

Oh, there is no doubt about this being true, and it took me a long time to get there. Thankfully, I didn't have to deal with middle schoolers to achieve it.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
              When did "legislating from the bench" begin, in your opinion, and with what cases? Explain the faulty rationale.
              What's so funny about most of those claims- they are laws being overturned by judges appointed by the same party that wrote the laws.

And at no point does anyone want to consider that the laws that are being overturned are, in fact, un-constitutional. They just want the rule of the masses to over rule the rights of the individual. Duh. And then they demand that their amendment get zero anything applied to it. Duh, again.

Comment

It's only "judicial activism" and "legislating from the bench" when it overturns your pet bullsh-t.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                  It's only "judicial activism" and "legislating from the bench" when it overturns your pet bullsh-t.
                  Creating entirely new "rights" in Heller and McCutcheon was just fine for the ahem "strict constructionists."

It's just a partisan fig leaf. The interpretation of the law is, unavoidably, politicization of the law. The only difference between conservative and liberal judicial activists is the former wrap their agenda in hypocrisy.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Be proud, Christians

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-wa...rt-cake-ruling

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      And the sign said, "Long-haired freaky people need not apply"
                      So I tucked my hair up under my hat, and I went in to ask him why
                      He said, "You look like a fine upstanding young man, I think you'll do"
                      So I took off my hat, I said, "Imagine that. Huh! Me, workin' for you!"

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Turtle Boy Wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

5-4. The 5 cons aren't even trying to hide it anymore.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              5-4. The 5 cons aren't even trying to hide it anymore.
                              Nope. It's out in the open now.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Was it dead people they were purging?
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X