X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 10: Pack the Court!

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    A party saying you have no choice but to vote for whatever sh-t sandwich they serve you, now be GRATEFUL to them for that privilege, has lost all three branches of government and hemorrhaged more than 1000 state leg seats.

Well I never.
    So over the course of 3 elections there's races for President, Senate, House, Governor, State Senate, State House, State AG, Judges in many places, Mayor, City/Town Council, Ballot initiatives and referendums. These people couldn't be bothered to vote in ANY of those contests. Not a one. But, we're supposed to feel sorry for them? Why exactly?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

I care about winning not feeling sorry for anyone. You claim to care about the former but everything you say on here indicates otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        I care about winning not feeling sorry for anyone. You claim to care about the former but everything you say on here indicates otherwise.
        I care about winning too. Apparently these people don't because they can't be bothered to vote. Is it your take that these Ohio voters couldn't find a good inspirational politician or referendum question they cared about over 3 election cycles? Because I find that highly unlikely, and losing your registration due to not voting for a period of time isn't a new phenomenon.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

Comment

I never said anything about inspirational candidates or whatever the **** you're talking about :facepalm:

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            So over the course of 3 elections there's races for President, Senate, House, Governor, State Senate, State House, State AG, Judges in many places, Mayor, City/Town Council, Ballot initiatives and referendums. These people couldn't be bothered to vote in ANY of those contests. Not a one. But, we're supposed to feel sorry for them? Why exactly?
            No, no, dude; please continue. I've always been under the crazy delusion that a party had to appeal to its voters but now you're showing me voters have to demonstrate their worthiness to the party.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              No, no, dude; please continue. I've always been under the crazy delusion that a party had to appeal to its voters but now you're showing me voters have to demonstrate their worthiness to the party.
              Did you ever stop and think that maybe nothing will appeal to these people, which is why they don't vote?

The problem you're having is your primal lust for Bernie Sanders clouds all of your thinking, but this issue has little to do with your man crush. If someone sits out one election, okay maybe they got busy or weren't inspired to vote or whatever. If they sit out every single race, 3 times in a row, at what point regardless of their party affiliation or political leanings do you Kepler start to think that maybe the issue is with them and not the political choices before them on the ballot?

So, get your mind out of Bernie's nether regions and consider the issue anew. How long should someone not vote in any election before their name gets taken off the rolls of eligible voters. 6 years? 12? 20? Forever? What's the Kepler standard anyway?

Comment

This has absolutely nothing to do with Bernie.

Comment

Bernie? No. Love? Yes.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Agreed, yet you and Kep brought him up for whatever your reasons are. Sounds like you should be having that debate with him!

Comment

Agreed, yet you and Kep brought him up for whatever your reasons are. Sounds like you should be having that debate with him!
                      People love Bernie. People hate the "Lock Her *** Up *****". If Bernie won the nonination they would've voted.
                      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Mookie is prolly still on the rolls in Boston!!!
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

The reason is the entitlement is the same in each case.

Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            People who hadn't voted in 6 years AND failed to respond to a notice in the mail.

If one met both of the above criteria, they have failed their civic duty, are no longer able to vote, or have moved and perhaps registered in another jurisdiction.
                            Wasn’t it two years?
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Did you ever stop and think that maybe nothing will appeal to these people, which is why they don't vote?

The problem you're having is your primal lust for Bernie Sanders clouds all of your thinking, but this issue has little to do with your man crush. If someone sits out one election, okay maybe they got busy or weren't inspired to vote or whatever. If they sit out every single race, 3 times in a row, at what point regardless of their party affiliation or political leanings do you Kepler start to think that maybe the issue is with them and not the political choices before them on the ballot?

So, get your mind out of Bernie's nether regions and consider the issue anew. How long should someone not vote in any election before their name gets taken off the rolls of eligible voters. 6 years? 12? 20? Forever? What's the Kepler standard anyway?
                              Dude this is a bunch of crap. You are punishing people because they exercise their right not to vote. You may not like it but them choosing not to vote doesnt negate their right to vote.

And again...why the need to purge the rolls? Are the paper cut numbers so high that it is becoming hazardous? If they arent voting somewhere else who cares if they are on the rolls? It isnt like there is a finite amount of votes and they are preventing others from being able to do so. What purpose does this serve?

(I wasnt necessarily responding to this post just your whole BS act in general)
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Rover View Post
                                What amendment says if you don't use a right you lose that right?
                                That's why it matters.
                                You don't lose a right simply because you chose not to always exercise that right.
                                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X