This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 10: Pack the Court!

I nearly spit out my food laughing last night. Some group has an ad attacking Tina Smith and they accuse her of coming out against the Supreme Court nominee without him having his due process.

First off, **** off about process- we aren’t even gonna be allowed to get his documents like all the other nominees.
    Second, merick garland so again, **** right off.

These people are insane

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      I nearly spit out my food laughing last night. Some group has an ad attacking Tina Smith and they accuse her of coming out against the Supreme Court nominee without him having his due process.

First off, **** off about process- we aren’t even gonna be allowed to get his documents like all the other nominees.
      Second, merick garland so again, **** right off.

These people are insane
      There are plenty of reasons not to vote for her and none of them involve the Court.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
        Well yeah, they never play by the rules so not sure why they would now. The 49 dems should just vote not to confirm even if it's solely because you should be able to review someone's records before they get a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court. It can provide cover as well.
        Nope. North Dakota, Indiana, and West Virginia Dems will all vote for the clown. I don't like it anymore than you do. The only solace is hopefully it will work and save one of those seats. Doubtful.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          There are plenty of reasons not to vote for her and none of them involve the Court.
          I don’t love her, I’d prefer Al. But I’m sure as hell not voting for Painter or god forbid Housley.

Edit- in the primary I will support her. Will vote for the D candidate in November

Comment

I would rather burn the Senate to the ground than vote for Housely.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              I would rather burn the Senate to the ground than vote for Housely.
              Call Her Majesty. She may have a battalion ready. However, Bladensburg will be a wee bit tougher this time around.
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

I don’t love her, I’d prefer Al. But I’m sure as hell not voting for Painter or god forbid Housley.

Edit- in the primary I will support her. Will vote for the D candidate in November
                I don't see why we need to mine the Boundary Waters. Leave it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                  Well yeah, they never play by the rules so not sure why they would now. The 49 dems should just vote not to confirm even if it's solely because you should be able to review someone's records before they get a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court. It can provide cover as well.
                  I happen to agree. Not being able to fully vet a nominee is a good reason for the Manchin's of the world to vote no and it does give them some cover to do so.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    I happen to agree. Not being able to fully vet a nominee is a good reason for the Manchin's of the world to vote no and it does give them some cover to do so.
                    You really think that will matter? I don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      I don't see why we need to mine the Boundary Waters. Leave it alone.
                      Neither do I but I also don’t want a whack job like housley in there. That’s worse

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                        You really think that will matter? I don't.
                        Despite my differences with trix, he is right about this one. Whether it "matters" is subject to interpretation, but there are plenty of reasons a red state Dem should in fact vote against Kavanaugh depending on what comes up in a full vetting. If the GOP isn't going to allow a full vetting, then they should vote against him and take that to the voters. When their opponents b itch, they should turn that around on them and ask if they're on board with approving people for lifetime appointments on the SCOTUS with zero scrutiny.

Lamar Alexander said it best when he voted for maybe Kagan. His take was that it wasn't his job to only vote in favor of a nominee that he himself would have put forth. His job was to make sure the person had the requisite qualifications. I don't like John Roberts, but will admit there was nothing on his past that would disqualify him from the court, unlike say Nixon toadie Robert Bork - a central figure in Nixon's quest to obstruct justice (the Saturday night massacre). Same with Alito, while on the other hand Thomas was vastly underqualified. However, if Dems aren't going to get a chance to question the guy fully and review his record, vote no. Aside from the most committed Trump Humpers, who would be against that?
                        Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

SO where are all the non trump humper republicans? I haven’t heard a peep about slowing it down and doing this the proper way

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            SO where are all the non trump humper republicans? I haven’t heard a peep about slowing it down and doing this the proper way
                            They're out there with Hatch claiming this is the biggest obstructionism ever without ever mentioning the name Merrick Garland, of course.

Comment

The ends justify the means. They have been working on the taking over of the Court for decades now and it's in their grasp and they will not let it go. Flake, Corker, Collins, Murkowski, Paul will ALL Vote for this guy. All of them. Even McCain would vote for him if he were able. This is the Republicans Wet Dreams coming to life.

They will all be joined by three Democrats. It's done.

Comment

Rover,

I dont think Scooby is saying that logically you arent right, he is saying that it wont matter because they are too spineless to actually stand up that way.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X