X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 10: Pack the Court!

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Well it doesnt affect her so why should she care. Next up Congress will bribe Murkowski and then it is all over but the shouting.
    It's amazing how some of these people get put into a swing category. Not only that but she and Murkowski are supposed to be worried about Health Care and it has been reported that the nominee will destroy Health Care.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      It's amazing how some of these people get put into a swing category. Not only that but she and Murkowski are supposed to be worried about Health Care and it has been reported that the nominee will destroy Health Care.
      Its all about the appearance of moderation...while the vote goes down for the record.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        Its all about the appearance of moderation...while the vote goes down for the record.
        The three Democrats are way more likely to vote for the nominee than anyone on the Republican side to defect. This guy will be confirmed with ease.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...&ICID=ref_fark

Kavanaugh believed net neutrality violated ISPs' first amendment rights. Joke is in Flaggy, though, since Alex Jones will be one of the first sites blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post

Kavanaugh believed net neutrality violated ISPs' first amendment rights. Joke is in Flaggy, though, since Alex Jones will be one of the first sites blocked.
            Great. The Internet is ****ed now more than ever.

Comment

The far left and the far right, they're both equally as dangerous to a company, only in different ways. It makes sense for them to boost the rates for those sites, should the ISPs desire.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                I'm feeling OK about Kavanaugh after readjusting the way I look at these things: He got through the President's vetting process, which has to be pretty tough. He is not related by blood to either Kim Jong-un or V Putin. He's not a member if ISIS, as far as we know.

It could be worse.
                I half expected him to pick his sister, but I suppose someone explained that she'd get the Harriet Miers treatment.
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  someone explained that she'd get the Harriet Miers treatment.
                  Like he knows who that is.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Not her Health Care...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      The far left and the far right, they're both equally as dangerous to a company, only in different ways. It makes sense for them to boost the rates for those sites, should the ISPs desire.
                      No, no it doesn't. Because once you go down that route, you get this:

ISPs are in the business of moving packets of information from one computer to the next. They shouldn't get to charge more or otherwise degrade service based on where those bits of data come from. Just like your Verizon phone can't discriminate against calls from Sprint customers.

There's no danger to the ISP for simply routing traffic in a non-discriminatory manner. And it sure as shiat doesn't involve the first amendment.
                      Last edited by unofan; 07-11-2018, 11:44 AM.

Comment

No, no it doesn't. Because once you go down that route, you get this:

ISPs are in the business of moving packets of information from one computer to the next. They shouldn't get to charge more or otherwise degrade service based on where those bits of data come from. Just like your Verizon phone can't discriminate against calls from Sprint customers.

There's no danger to the ISP for simply routing traffic in a non-discriminatory manner. And it sure as shiat doesn't involve the first amendment.
                        +1

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

There's no danger to the ISP for simply routing traffic in a non-discriminatory manner.
                          No, there isn't. But it does affect their ability to confiscate profits for shareholders. And that's all anyone cares about.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                            +1
                            +2
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Why this nominee is dangerous and not a balls and strikes judge.

http://www.startribune.com/u-s-supre...ows/487825491/

Judges, particularly those on the Supreme Court, are expected to sit above the partisan fray. But Brett Kavanaugh, whom President Donald Trump nominated to succeed Justice Anthony Kennedy on Monday night, is much like the man who selected him — highly divisive in his decisions and rhetoric. According to a deep, data-driven survey of his writings from the bench, he is an uncommonly partisan judge, even compared with other federal appeals court judges.

On the circuit court, Kavanaugh tended to dissent more often along partisan lines than his peers, according to our research. He justified his decisions with conservative doctrines far more than his colleagues, citing politicized precedents consistent with other Republican-appointed judges, invoking the original Articles of the Constitution (consistent with the originalist jurisprudence favored by conservative jurists) and using the language of economics and free markets. What’s more, Kavanaugh’s divisiveness ramped up during campaign season: He disagreed with his colleagues more often before elections, suggesting that he feels personally invested in national politics.

Comment

Trump loved Scalia. So it's no surprise that Kavanaugh is Scalia 2.0.

Comment

Working...
                                X