This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 10: Pack the Court!

Anatomy of SCOTUS clerks. Notorious is, well, notorious.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...y-diverse-lot/
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      Anatomy of SCOTUS clerks. Notorious is, well, notorious.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/ampht...y-diverse-lot/

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        Why this nominee is dangerous and not a balls and strikes judge.

http://www.startribune.com/u-s-supre...ows/487825491/
        I feel like the 2000 election already illustrated that.

Comment

I keep seeing articles about how the Dems are in such a difficult spot with Kavanaugh's confirmation vote. I don't get it. It all seems based on the assumption that there's some chance that one or more of the Republicans breaks ranks. Does anyone honestly believe that would happen? Even if it did and the Dems manage to whip all their vulnerable members this cycle into voting no, all they've accomplished is to delay the inevitable. Whatever small chance that exists that the Dems can retake the Senate pretty much disappears if all those red state Dems vote no.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
            I keep seeing articles about how the Dems are in such a difficult spot with Kavanaugh's confirmation vote. I don't get it. It all seems based on the assumption that there's some chance that one or more of the Republicans breaks ranks. Does anyone honestly believe that would happen? Even if it did and the Dems manage to whip all their vulnerable members this cycle into voting no, all they've accomplished is to delay the inevitable. Whatever small chance that exists that the Dems can retake the Senate pretty much disappears if all those red state Dems vote no.
            There's 3 Democrats that will vote to confirm. Indiana, North Dakota, and West Virginia Senators. That means all Democrats will suffer because the leadership didn't hold all their members together as a block.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              There's 3 Democrats that will vote to confirm. Indiana, North Dakota, and West Virginia Senators. That means all Democrats will suffer because the leadership didn't hold all their members together as a block.
              Is it really that big a deal to lose 53-46 instead of 50-49?

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                Is it really that big a deal to lose 53-46 instead of 50-49?
                Yes. It is. If he's only voted in completely partisan that will make a huge difference politically.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  Yes. It is. If he's only voted in completely partisan that will make a huge difference politically.
                  And while I'd doubt it would happen, in theory it could provide cover for Collins or Murkowski to vote no. That's even worse politically.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                    And while I'd doubt it would happen, in theory it could provide cover for Collins or Murkowski to vote no. That's even worse politically.
                    Bingo. They need to apply pressure not wuss out.
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                      That would be devastating.

Comment

Also I really don't see how red state senators are gonna lose solely because they voted no on this or Gina Haspel's confirmation etc. It seems like all too often they try to placate the other side and just wind up losing anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                          Also I really don't see how red state senators are gonna lose solely because they voted no on this or Gina Haspel's confirmation etc. It seems like all too often they try to placate the other side and just wind up losing anyhow.
                          That's the Democrats way. But as Joe said in the other thread, not placating to the Rural Voters is:

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          How to lose elections 101.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Meh, of all the problems we're going to have with this dude him voting against the pretty much defunct independent council isn't high up on my list. I do agree its worthwhile to tie him down on the special council but since that's through the Justice Dept and not an entity all on its own I'm not sure the legality is really in question.
                              Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Even Joe would've appreciated Sam Bee's well-balanced joke from Wednesday night's Full Frontal:

"Yep, Kennedy gave us the ol' 'Beltway Goodbye', where ya slip out during the party and take everyone's reproductive rights with you. Not to be confused with the 'Kennedy Goodbye', which is when you let a woman drown in a car..."

*audience gives an 'ohhhhhhhhhhhh!!!' response*

"...he did it, not me."

Comment

Working...
                                X