This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Roe is gone. ACA is gone. And, Citizens United is cemented forever.

Welcome to America.
    And I should put a ring on my partner now, because Obergefell could go too.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Re: SCOTUS 10: Pack the Court!

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      And I should put a ring on my partner now, because Obergefell could go too.
      Correct.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

If you guys are going to claim the sky is falling, why be so pathetic about it. C'mon, it's not just Roe, Obergefell and the ACA. The court will approve segregated schools and public transportation. Warrantless searches and seizures will be permitted. No more free attorneys. Mandatory prayer in schools. Cats and Dogs living together.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          If you guys are going to claim the sky is falling, why be so pathetic about it. C'mon, it's not just Roe, Obergefell and the ACA. The court will approve segregated schools and public transportation. Warrantless searches and seizures will be permitted. No more free attorneys. Mandatory prayer in schools. Cats and Dogs living together.
          No. we're selecting the obvious things which will be affected. Many of those will not be changed. Unlike the right our outrage is targeted and logical.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              No chicken little was when Obama was President. As soon as Trump was elected we knew exactly what we were getting. If you want I could link the thousands of news reports across the US that have already happened. You can include the ripping of children from their parents with no ****ing clue how to put them back together again.

Comment

Oh come on, joe has been personally tortured by the fact that gays get married and women have choices.

Comment

God, you're frightened.

Why?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

God, you're frightened.

Why?
                    anyone with a brain should be Joe. Why aren't you?

Comment

God, you're frightened.

Why?
                      She's a woman who's been successful in the professional world. She's lined up in the sites of certain people.
                      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Because the Court will never go back to allowing Segregation. They will however vote against Abortion on religious grounds. Stop being obtuse.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          Because the Court will never go back to allowing Segregation. They will however vote against Abortion on religious grounds. Stop being obtuse.
                          It will go back to the States and be illegal in a bunch of states. State fights will be knock down drag out ugly for decades. Having the Court like this and both Minnesota Houses controlled by Republicans should put the fear in everyone.

Comment

God, you're frightened.

Why?
                            Because we actually like that Gays have rights and Women have power over their body? You know who doesnt...the majority of the Court when this Flaggy wannabe gets on the bench.

You see joe, we think Christian Sharia's are as bad as the Muslim ones. You know who else does...Jesus.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              You guys are the ones being obtuse. Since Roe v Wade was decided, all I've ever heard is that it's going to be overturned.

It's not going to be overturned. I've posted before that I'm 100% pro choice and there isn't a sliver of my body that is worried about Roe getting overturned. It's settled law in this country and they're not going to affirm a state statute that outlaws abortion.

It's the same reason we're not going back on issues like segregation, gay marriage, warrantless searches, etc...

Will there be nibbling around the edges of those decisions? Of course. That will always happen. We continue to nibble around the edges of when police do and do not need a warrant even though Mapp was decided years before Roe.

Scooby keeps asking why Dem voters don't care about the Court. The reason, I maintain, is this constant sky is falling shtick you guys fall back on, but just never seems to come to fruition.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

You guys are the ones being obtuse. Since Roe v Wade was decided, all I've ever heard is that it's going to be overturned.

It's not going to be overturned. I've posted before that I'm 100% pro choice and there isn't a sliver of my body that is worried about Roe getting overturned. It's settled law in this country and they're not going to affirm a state statute that outlaws abortion.

It's the same reason we're not going back on issues like segregation, gay marriage, warrantless searches, etc...

Will there be nibbling around the edges of those decisions? Of course. That will always happen. We continue to nibble around the edges of when police do and do not need a warrant even though Mapp was decided years before Roe.

Scooby keeps asking why Dem voters don't care about the Court. The reason, I maintain, is this constant sky is falling shtick you guys fall back on, but just never seems to come to fruition.
                                I already know it won't be overturned. What will happen is it will be impossible if you are a poor brown or black women to get one. And that's already happening in states like Texas before this decision.

Just look up the case that the nominee issued an opinion on.

There is no chicken little. This has been happening for years now and now it's in cement.

Oh, and chicken little has worked wonders for conservatives. The double standard by you guys is staggering.

Comment

Working...
                                X