Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: SCOTUS 10: Pack the Court!

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Re: SCOTUS 10: Pack the Court!

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    A party saying you have no choice but to vote for whatever sh-t sandwich they serve you, now be GRATEFUL to them for that privilege, has lost all three branches of government and hemorrhaged more than 1000 state leg seats.

Well I never.
    So over the course of 3 elections there's races for President, Senate, House, Governor, State Senate, State House, State AG, Judges in many places, Mayor, City/Town Council, Ballot initiatives and referendums. These people couldn't be bothered to vote in ANY of those contests. Not a one. But, we're supposed to feel sorry for them? Why exactly?
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

I care about winning not feeling sorry for anyone. You claim to care about the former but everything you say on here indicates otherwise.

The Dark One

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    I care about winning not feeling sorry for anyone. You claim to care about the former but everything you say on here indicates otherwise.
    I care about winning too. Apparently these people don't because they can't be bothered to vote. Is it your take that these Ohio voters couldn't find a good inspirational politician or referendum question they cared about over 3 election cycles? Because I find that highly unlikely, and losing your registration due to not voting for a period of time isn't a new phenomenon.

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

I never said anything about inspirational candidates or whatever the **** you're talking about :facepalm:

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    So over the course of 3 elections there's races for President, Senate, House, Governor, State Senate, State House, State AG, Judges in many places, Mayor, City/Town Council, Ballot initiatives and referendums. These people couldn't be bothered to vote in ANY of those contests. Not a one. But, we're supposed to feel sorry for them? Why exactly?
    No, no, dude; please continue. I've always been under the crazy delusion that a party had to appeal to its voters but now you're showing me voters have to demonstrate their worthiness to the party.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

The Dark One

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    No, no, dude; please continue. I've always been under the crazy delusion that a party had to appeal to its voters but now you're showing me voters have to demonstrate their worthiness to the party.
    Did you ever stop and think that maybe nothing will appeal to these people, which is why they don't vote?

The problem you're having is your primal lust for Bernie Sanders clouds all of your thinking, but this issue has little to do with your man crush. If someone sits out one election, okay maybe they got busy or weren't inspired to vote or whatever. If they sit out every single race, 3 times in a row, at what point regardless of their party affiliation or political leanings do you Kepler start to think that maybe the issue is with them and not the political choices before them on the ballot?

So, get your mind out of Bernie's nether regions and consider the issue anew. How long should someone not vote in any election before their name gets taken off the rolls of eligible voters. 6 years? 12? 20? Forever? What's the Kepler standard anyway?

This has absolutely nothing to do with Bernie.

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

Bernie? No. Love? Yes.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

The Dark One

Agreed, yet you and Kep brought him up for whatever your reasons are. Sounds like you should be having that debate with him!

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

Agreed, yet you and Kep brought him up for whatever your reasons are. Sounds like you should be having that debate with him!
    People love Bernie. People hate the "Lock Her *** Up *****". If Bernie won the nonination they would've voted.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

there's a good buck in that racket.

Mookie is prolly still on the rolls in Boston!!!

The reason is the entitlement is the same in each case.

It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    People who hadn't voted in 6 years AND failed to respond to a notice in the mail.

If one met both of the above criteria, they have failed their civic duty, are no longer able to vote, or have moved and perhaps registered in another jurisdiction.
    Wasnít it two years?

Did you ever stop and think that maybe nothing will appeal to these people, which is why they don't vote?

The problem you're having is your primal lust for Bernie Sanders clouds all of your thinking, but this issue has little to do with your man crush. If someone sits out one election, okay maybe they got busy or weren't inspired to vote or whatever. If they sit out every single race, 3 times in a row, at what point regardless of their party affiliation or political leanings do you Kepler start to think that maybe the issue is with them and not the political choices before them on the ballot?

So, get your mind out of Bernie's nether regions and consider the issue anew. How long should someone not vote in any election before their name gets taken off the rolls of eligible voters. 6 years? 12? 20? Forever? What's the Kepler standard anyway?
    Dude this is a bunch of crap. You are punishing people because they exercise their right not to vote. You may not like it but them choosing not to vote doesnt negate their right to vote.

And again...why the need to purge the rolls? Are the paper cut numbers so high that it is becoming hazardous? If they arent voting somewhere else who cares if they are on the rolls? It isnt like there is a finite amount of votes and they are preventing others from being able to do so. What purpose does this serve?

(I wasnt necessarily responding to this post just your whole BS act in general)
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Kings affiliate
    What amendment says if you don't use a right you lose that right?
    That's why it matters.
    You don't lose a right simply because you chose not to always exercise that right.

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    That's why it matters.
    You don't lose a right simply because you chose not to always exercise that right.
    If you donít choose to request the assistance of counsel when charged with a crime you lose that right.

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    If you donít choose to request the assistance of counsel when charged with a crime you lose that right.
    I dont think that is true...pretty sure the judge will ask you and you will have to expressly deny the right at trial. (in custody you are correct though)

BTW you forget that since you are given Miranda when arrested not asking for council post Miranda is tacitly agreeing that you dont want counsel at that time. You have to be offered the opportunity though. If you try and ask for counsel later they cannot deny you counsel that right is always in play. (it is never lost it just needs to be invoked) To parallel what is going on with voting every state that wants to purge the rolls would need to allow for same day registration.

I am still waiting for an answer as to why there needs to be voter rolls purged though. What is the big deal? There is no voter fraud so why is it important? It solves no problems but has the potential to cause many...seems like a complete waste of time and effort.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Kings affiliate
    But that does not mean that you lose it for every other crime or even for that crime if you chose to ask later. This does unless you reregister...and without moving you should not have to.
    Last edited by First Time, Long Time; 06-12-2018 at 10:08 PM.

That's a little like saying if I chose not to vote in a given election I lose the right to vote in that election. If I choose not to request counsel for 5 separate crimes over 8 years, I do not waive the right to counsel at any time in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
    That's why it matters.
    Yeah but those lazy blacks deserve it so...

Thread Information