X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 10: Pack the Court!

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
    So you're telling me that you can't possibly see any way that a guy who considers himself the ultimate deal maker could have made a deal. GTFO
    Kennedy says "I'll go if you put up Brett Kavanaugh." Trump says "Sure, no problem!" So Kennedy resigns. Trump puts up Flaggy instead. Kennedy is not going on CNN and saying "But we had a %&!!#! deal!" That's not how deals are structured. Kennedy is not stupid, there is no way for him to compel Trump on his replacement beyond advocating for someone, if he even did that. There's no possible deal to be had from Kennedy's perspective as the next nominee is entirely in the hands of the President once Kennedy resigns. There's no mechanism to hold Trump to his word. Would you make that kind of agreement with Trump?
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
      So you're telling me that you can't possibly see any way that a guy who considers himself the ultimate deal maker could have made a deal. GTFO
      The ultimate deal maker isn't going to be successful with a SCOTUS Justice. He's going to be shown the door, if he's lucky. Kennedy, IMO, was one of the good guys. I don't think you'd corrupt him on such a promise/deal.
      "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
        Still waiting for Obama to knock on my door...
        Which could happen because he brought martial law and instituted a third term.
        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Kennedy says "I'll go if you put up Brett Kavanaugh." Trump says "Sure, no problem!" So Kennedy resigns. Trump puts up Flaggy instead. Kennedy is not going on CNN and saying "But we had a %&!!#! deal!" That's not how deals are structured. Kennedy is not stupid, there is no way for him to compel Trump on his replacement beyond advocating for someone, if he even did that. There's no possible deal to be had from Kennedy's perspective as the next nominee is entirely in the hands of the President once Kennedy resigns. There's no mechanism to hold Trump to his word. Would you make that kind of agreement with Trump?
          I would never dream to making any kind of agreement with Trump. Not even an agreement to purchase a pack of gum. The man would default on it.
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            Which could happen because he brought martial law and instituted a third term.
            All 3 were rational fears.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              We're not saying he wouldn't make the deal, we're saying there's no reason he'd keep his end of it. He's known for reneging on pretty much every deal he's ever entered into, but this one he keeps?

Not plausible. And Kennedy isn't that stupid to buy into it, either.

Comment

Oh, the new nominee believes that the CFPB is unconstitutional. Payday lenders are going to love this guy.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/bus...lation-n888316
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Lapdog: https://twitter.com/AaronBlake/statu...69502765924352

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                  iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                  gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                  Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                  Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                  TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                  DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                    The man knows what it's going to take to get the nomination for what is most likely his dream job. Suckle at the teat for a few months and then he can be his own man. His own purchased lapdog of a man.

Comment

http://newswars.com/judge-napolitano...-establishment

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                        The man knows what it's going to take to get the nomination for what is most likely his dream job. Suckle at the teat for a few months and then he can be his own man. His own purchased lapdog of a man.
                        What's disappointing/scary is not that he said glowing things about Trump...but that he's making s* up. Its hard to be a clear thinking pragmatist when you don't just ascribe to fake news, but you make it up yourself and proclaim it publicly on day one.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

I'm feeling OK about Kavanaugh after readjusting the way I look at these things: He got through the President's vetting process, which has to be pretty tough. He is not related by blood to either Kim Jong-un or V Putin. He's not a member if ISIS, as far as we know.

It could be worse.

Comment

It's a lock.

And a key Republican swing vote, Senator Susan Collins of Maine, quickly signaled just how hard it will be for Democrats to pull any Republicans into the opposition. “When you look at the credentials that Judge Kavanaugh brings to the job, it will be very difficult for anyone to argue that he’s not qualified,” she told reporters.
                            Her being pro-choice is a myth.

Comment

Well it doesnt affect her so why should she care. Next up Congress will bribe Murkowski and then it is all over but the shouting.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                Her being pro-choice is a myth.
                                Well yeah... or she's just gonna play the "I DIDN'T KNOW ANYTHING ONCE AGAIN!" card.

Comment

Working...
                                X