X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SCOTUS 10: Pack the Court!

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Yep. Never understood why Dem voters don't care about SCOTUS.
    If I had to guess, I think way too many Dems have the attitude of Republicans that says.."oh, they'd never do that". Not realizing there is no restraint on that party that the voters themselves don't impose. IMHO Dems have gotten too lazy to rely on the courts to check Republicans. They will in fact "do that" be it caging pre-teens like animals, treasonous dealing with America's enemies, bribery, massive cuts to social spending. They don't give a fuk. Will this wake up the left? As I said before, TBD....
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Insulting other Democrats won't help us now, Rover.

I'm so sick about this I could be physically ill. I'm honestly not sure what to do. I have to sit here in a 80% Republican work area and watch my country burn itself alive.

I really made some poor life choices.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I'm so sick about this I could be physically ill. I'm honestly not sure what to do. I have to sit here in a 80% Republican work area and watch my country burn itself alive.

No, no it won't. But maybe Susan Sarandon will listen now. Maybe. I doubt it.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          Bite me. Just because you are orgasming over this cause your precious babies will now be protected (until they are born in which case you dont care) doesnt mean the rest of us have to stop caring. We all know what you think and who you bow to.
          Wrong. But then again extreme drama is a specialty of the left when something doesn't go their way.

What I want in any judge is someone who follows the law as written, not personal feelings. If the law is against my position, no matter the righteousness of it, I lose. It is the. up to me to petition the legislature to change the law.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

A little surprised turtle boy wouldn't want this as an open issue for the midterms. I would think that the small chance the Dems have of flipping the Senate relies on a significant turnout advantage. Dangling a SCOTUS seat in front of the Orcs would surely sew it up for them, no?

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
              A little surprised turtle boy wouldn't want this as an open issue for the midterms. I would think that the small chance the Dems have of flipping the Senate relies on a significant turnout advantage. Dangling a SCOTUS seat in front of the Orcs would surely sew it up for them, no?
              He's not stupid like the Democrats. He won't gamble when it's right there in front of him. 2014 the Dems sat out and that gave turtle boy his chance to screw the Garland nomination. 2016 they sat out again and now the Court is gone for 2 more generations.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Which major decisions do you think go the other way with say a Gorsuch instead of Kennedy? It’s easy for me to say this, but I think people on this thread are majorly overreacting. It’s the least of our problems right now.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Geez, get a life. You're acting like a soccer player who just got touched.
                  this is very very bad for our country Joe. We should be freaking out.

Comment

Wrong. But then again extreme drama is a specialty of the left when something doesn't go their way.

What I want in any judge is someone who follows the law as written, not personal feelings. If the law is against my position, no matter the righteousness of it, I lose. It is the. up to me to petition the legislature to change the law.
                    That's not what happens. You can't just "change the law, or pass a law". The Supreme Court decides what is law and what isn't ultimately. If they say it's Constitutional, it is, and if they say it isn't it's gone. You obviously don't know what's been happening and why the conservatives put such an onus on filling the Courts.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                      Which major decisions do you think go the other way with say a Gorsuch instead of Kennedy? It’s easy for me to say this, but I think people on this thread are majorly overreacting. It’s the least of our problems right now.
                      Gay rights and abortion are the big two. Affirmative action. Anything else in the last 5 years where Kennedy sided with the liberals.

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post

And who determines what the law is? The Courts. Your platitudes are nice subduing but utterly meaningless.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          You can start with the two that just happened. Which were horrible. Then you can add in that abortion will be gone. Citizens United will be permanent. Least of our problems? The Court decisions of the last 20 years have drastically effected American life.

Comment

clueless as ever, Joe.

Comment

• Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              this is very very bad for our country Joe. We should be freaking out.
                              The ability for women to have control of their own body, for one. No big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                No, no it won't. But maybe Susan Sarandon will listen now. Maybe. I doubt it.
                                That sh-t solves nothing, Scooby. It just divides us. Frankly we don't have time for any more of that bullsh-t. This is the fight of our lives -- I don't give a sh-t if the guy in the next foxhole has bad breath, if he's fighting with us then I am 100% for him. I am 100% for Rover, and for you.

My country is dying. A bunch of monsters have conned a massive number of fools into cutting all our throats. The most powerful army in the world has fallen into the hands of a petty ignoramus and his cadre of morally weak cowards. Half the country doesn't care.

Look at people on the right saying no big deal. That's the most important thing, here. It's not that there's evil in the world, of course there is. It's that if somebody is wearing the right jersey then a thousand completely reasonable people will turn a blind eye to everything they do, because of the jersey. No doubt it would be exactly the same is the jerseys were reversed.

I could throw up. I don't see a practical way out. You can't fight for law when the arbitrars of the law are the criminals. We can vote but they'll disallow our votes. I don't know what we can do except just stop. Stop working, stop buying things, stop everything.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X