Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

Official. Rob Morgan is the inaugural head coach.

https://liuathletics.com/news/2018/9...ead-coach.aspx
    https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
      Official. Rob Morgan is the inaugural head coach.

https://liuathletics.com/news/2018/9...ead-coach.aspx
      Has there been any word as to what rink they will call home?

Comment

So....if they are playing DI..in the NEWHA division, there will be 6 teams in 2019-20. would that make this league eligible for an auto-bid to the NCAA? less room for mistakes (BC) in the league tourney.

Comment

Originally posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
          So....if they are playing DI..in the NEWHA division, there will be 6 teams in 2019-20. would that make this league eligible for an auto-bid to the NCAA? less room for mistakes (BC) in the league tourney.
          Grant - here we go again!!!!

Short answer - no, because the NCAA will look at the whole (over my dead) body of work when considering a bid for the Alliance.
          CCT '77 & '78
          4 kids
          5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
          1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
          - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Stay tuned
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
              If ASU ever does start a women's program, score it as a win for NCAA women's hockey, sure, but who (especially among eastern teams) is going to want that for an away series?

Um I sure would lol

Is there that much difference in cost flying to Minnesota versus flying to Arizona? Especially if you're on a charter.

I would imagine you would see a lot of schools pair up to fly out there, especially if you could get a second school in the area (UA) to start a program. It would definitely work.
              Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 09-12-2018, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Um I sure would lol

Is there that much difference in cost flying to Minnesota versus flying to Arizona? Especially if you're on a charter.

I would imagine you would see a lot of schools pair up to fly out there, especially if you could get a second school in the area (UA) to start a program. It would definitely work.
                IF
                That's a mighty big if.
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                  Is there that much difference in cost flying to Minnesota versus flying to Arizona?
                  Rainman could answer this one: "About $100." Also, a couple more hours each way.
                  "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                  And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

The issue would be that no one can get to Tempe without flying. Most teams are only looking to fill 5-6 games, max, with teams that can't bus. An Arizona State team would need to do this for their whole schedule, as well as flying to every game they play. Not only would there own travel be a lot more expensive, I'd bet that they'd have to do what the Alaska schools do on the men's side, and cover some of their visiting opponents' travel costs in order to have a full schedule.

Comment

• [QUOTE=MAHOCKEY FAN;6696481]So....if they are playing DI..in the NEWHA division, there will be 6 teams in 2019-20. would that make this league eligible for an auto-bid to the NCAA? less room for mistakes (BC) in the future

I don’t look so stupid now...

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Stay tuned
                        Me neither! Hahaha

Comment

• Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

@liupostpioneers: LIU today announced its athletic programs will be unified into a single @ncaa Division I program. Beginning in Fall 2019, LIU will unite Brooklyn and Post campuses and teams will compete at the highest level of collegiate athletics. #OneLIU

📰: http://bit.ly/2Ixw229 https://***********/liupostpioneers/...755394/photo/1
                          CCT '77 & '78
                          4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                          X