Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

Think that this could have ANY impact on the women D1 hockey landscape in the next few years?

https://www.uscho.com/2018/06/12/ari...d-by-nov-2020/

I know that travel costs could be prohibitive but do not know what % of a women's hockey programs costs are travel alone...

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post
      Think that this could have ANY impact on the women D1 hockey landscape in the next few years?

https://www.uscho.com/2018/06/12/ari...d-by-nov-2020/

I know that travel costs could be prohibitive but do not know what % of a women's hockey programs costs are travel alone...
      If ASU ever does start a women's program, score it as a win for NCAA women's hockey, sure, but who (especially among eastern teams) is going to want that for an away series?

Comment

Originally posted by used2lurk View Post
        I still need to update my NCAA Hockey Financials workbook with the numbers for 2016-17, but of the 14 public schools that had DI hockey between 2009-10 and 2015-16 the highest average was 16.1% for Ohio State and the lowest was 5.4% for New Hampshire. The highest single season percentage was 19.3% for Ohio State in 2009-10 and the lowest was 2.0% for Penn State in 2012-13. The overall averaged travel expenses for all 14 schools for 2009-10 through 2015-16 was 10.3% of the overall averaged total expenses.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

In response to shelfit. On low end... Colgate had five wins three seasons ago and played for the title. Uconn won the Hockey East. The status quo is now non-existent in girls' hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddington View Post
            In response to shelfit. On low end... Colgate had five wins three seasons ago and played for the title. Uconn won the Hockey East. The status quo is now non-existent in girls' hockey.
            Lol, you are proof that ignorance is bliss. It was 7 wins for 'Gate three seasons ago, not 5, and they missed the ECAC playoffs because they finished in 10th place. UConn finished in 7th place this season but then got lucky at the right time while others choked....umm, they did not win "the Hockey East." They lost to Northeastern. Anyway, thanks for your post!
            Last edited by shelfit; 06-14-2018, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Love it, got lucky. Watch out for Maine this year. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                If ASU ever does start a women's program, score it as a win for NCAA women's hockey, sure, but who (especially among eastern teams) is going to want that for an away series?
                My guess is that all the players would like it for an away series in the middle of winter. The school accountants would not like it.

Comment

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
                  My guess is that all the players would like it for an away series in the middle of winter. The school accountants would not like it.
                  Who is paying for the trip?
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Who is paying for the trip?
                    I vote for UND.
                    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      I vote for UND.
                      They could ask Shannon Miller for a nice donation as a way of supporting the growth of the women's game! She can afford it after winning that lawsuit and it would show that she's not totally selfish, and it might even gain her some positive reputation points from some of her haters.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        They could ask Shannon Miller for a nice donation as a way of supporting the growth of the women's game! She can afford it after winning that lawsuit and it would show that she's not totally selfish, and it might even gain her some positive reputation points from some of her haters.
                        She could even pay them to have her coach the team.

Comment

Possible scenarios for snowbird flights to ASU can’t compete with the much more satisfying fantasy of imagining the first recruit to make the trip from Warroad to Flatbush Avenue.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
                            Possible scenarios for snowbird flights to ASU can’t compete with the much more satisfying fantasy of imagining the first recruit to make the trip from Warroad to Flatbush Avenue.
                            and $600/hr ice.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                              Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
                              She could even pay them to have her coach the team.
                              I wouldn't be shocked if LIU-Brooklyn goes for Shannon Miller. She has the resume. She would have access to NYC and media if she wants to try and break in as a sports or feminist pundit kind of role. It could make sense, especially if LIU-Brooklyn wants to make noise.

Comment

Originally posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
                                A weekend in Arizona in December/January? There may be a few takers.... I'd sign up for that!
                                Steve
                                Penn State Class of '95
                                Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

Working...
                                X