Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 102

Thread: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

  1. #81
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    30

    Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

    Love it, got lucky. Watch out for Maine this year. Lol.

  2. #82
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sunny SoCal - Home of the Cup
    Posts
    229

    Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    If ASU ever does start a women's program, score it as a win for NCAA women's hockey, sure, but who (especially among eastern teams) is going to want that for an away series?
    My guess is that all the players would like it for an away series in the middle of winter. The school accountants would not like it.

  3. #83

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightnut View Post
    My guess is that all the players would like it for an away series in the middle of winter. The school accountants would not like it.
    Who is paying for the trip?

  4. #84
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    20,506

    Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

    Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Who is paying for the trip?
    I vote for UND.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  5. #85
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by ARM View Post
    I vote for UND.
    They could ask Shannon Miller for a nice donation as a way of supporting the growth of the women's game! She can afford it after winning that lawsuit and it would show that she's not totally selfish, and it might even gain her some positive reputation points from some of her haters.

  6. #86
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    They could ask Shannon Miller for a nice donation as a way of supporting the growth of the women's game! She can afford it after winning that lawsuit and it would show that she's not totally selfish, and it might even gain her some positive reputation points from some of her haters.
    She could even pay them to have her coach the team.

  7. #87
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    199

    Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

    Possible scenarios for snowbird flights to ASU canít compete with the much more satisfying fantasy of imagining the first recruit to make the trip from Warroad to Flatbush Avenue.

  8. #88

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,464
    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
    Possible scenarios for snowbird flights to ASU canít compete with the much more satisfying fantasy of imagining the first recruit to make the trip from Warroad to Flatbush Avenue.
    and $600/hr ice.

  9. #89
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    916

    Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

    Quote Originally Posted by shelfit View Post
    They could ask Shannon Miller for a nice donation as a way of supporting the growth of the women's game! She can afford it after winning that lawsuit and it would show that she's not totally selfish, and it might even gain her some positive reputation points from some of her haters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    She could even pay them to have her coach the team.
    I wouldn't be shocked if LIU-Brooklyn goes for Shannon Miller. She has the resume. She would have access to NYC and media if she wants to try and break in as a sports or feminist pundit kind of role. It could make sense, especially if LIU-Brooklyn wants to make noise.
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

  10. #90
    Do You Believe in Miracles? YES!!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    West Chazy, NY
    Posts
    4,089

    Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    If ASU ever does start a women's program, score it as a win for NCAA women's hockey, sure, but who (especially among eastern teams) is going to want that for an away series?
    A weekend in Arizona in December/January? There may be a few takers.... I'd sign up for that!
    Steve
    Penn State Class of '95
    Plattsburgh State Class of '99

    If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

  11. #91
    (Comrade Fox)
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Burlington, VT
    Posts
    1,025

    Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

    Official. Rob Morgan is the inaugural head coach.

    https://liuathletics.com/news/2018/9...ead-coach.aspx
    https://twitter.com/TheVTHockeyBlog
    https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

    Frozen Four: '96, '09
    NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

    UVM record in games I've attended as a student:

    Men's: 21-21-4
    Women's: 10-16-6

    /r/collegehockey moderator
    Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

  12. #92
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    916

    Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

    Quote Originally Posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
    Official. Rob Morgan is the inaugural head coach.

    https://liuathletics.com/news/2018/9...ead-coach.aspx
    Has there been any word as to what rink they will call home?
    Scott Henkle
    SUNY Plattsburgh Class of 2012

    Proud alumn of WQKE


    GO CARDS!!

  13. #93
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    32

    Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

    So....if they are playing DI..in the NEWHA division, there will be 6 teams in 2019-20. would that make this league eligible for an auto-bid to the NCAA? less room for mistakes (BC) in the league tourney.

  14. #94

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,464
    Quote Originally Posted by MAHOCKEY FAN View Post
    So....if they are playing DI..in the NEWHA division, there will be 6 teams in 2019-20. would that make this league eligible for an auto-bid to the NCAA? less room for mistakes (BC) in the league tourney.
    Grant - here we go again!!!!

    Short answer - no, because the NCAA will look at the whole (over my dead) body of work when considering a bid for the Alliance.

  15. #95
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,255

    Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

    Stay tuned

  16. #96
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Madison, CT
    Posts
    10,255
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedLeppelin View Post
    If ASU ever does start a women's program, score it as a win for NCAA women's hockey, sure, but who (especially among eastern teams) is going to want that for an away series?

    Um I sure would lol

    Is there that much difference in cost flying to Minnesota versus flying to Arizona? Especially if you're on a charter.

    I would imagine you would see a lot of schools pair up to fly out there, especially if you could get a second school in the area (UA) to start a program. It would definitely work.
    Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 09-12-2018 at 05:57 AM.

  17. #97

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,464
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Um I sure would lol

    Is there that much difference in cost flying to Minnesota versus flying to Arizona? Especially if you're on a charter.

    I would imagine you would see a lot of schools pair up to fly out there, especially if you could get a second school in the area (UA) to start a program. It would definitely work.
    IF
    That's a mighty big if.

  18. #98
    Fan of chipmunk-like mascots. ARM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    The Gopher State
    Posts
    20,506

    Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
    Is there that much difference in cost flying to Minnesota versus flying to Arizona?
    Rainman could answer this one: "About $100." Also, a couple more hours each way.
    "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
    And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

  19. #99
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    197

    Re: Report: LIU-Brooklyn adding D-I women's hockey for 2019-20

    The issue would be that no one can get to Tempe without flying. Most teams are only looking to fill 5-6 games, max, with teams that can't bus. An Arizona State team would need to do this for their whole schedule, as well as flying to every game they play. Not only would there own travel be a lot more expensive, I'd bet that they'd have to do what the Alaska schools do on the men's side, and cover some of their visiting opponents' travel costs in order to have a full schedule.

  20. #100
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    32
    [QUOTE=MAHOCKEY FAN;6696481]So....if they are playing DI..in the NEWHA division, there will be 6 teams in 2019-20. would that make this league eligible for an auto-bid to the NCAA? less room for mistakes (BC) in the future

    I donít look so stupid now...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •