Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 15: I Knew It, I'm Surrounded By...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 15: I Knew It, I'm Surrounded By A-Holes!

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    The author of the Raw Story article doesn't understand what is going on in that case.

Jones has been sued for defamation for certain statements he made about Sandy Hook.

He has asserted as a defense to those lawsuits a Texas law known as the Texas Citizens Participation Act. The Texas law provides that if the judge dismisses the lawsuit upon motion, the party who brought the original case may have to pay the defendant his or her costs and expenses associated with defending it, including attorneys fees.

That is what is going on in this case. Jones has brought a motion to dismiss the defamation claims against him. As part of that motion, he asks that he be awarded $100,000 in defense costs and attorneys fees. He is not "suing" the Sandy Hook families.

It should be noted that under Texas' statute that if the judge finds that the motion to dismiss itself is frivolous, or brought for purposes of delay, the judge can award the other party their costs and attorneys fees. Thus, Jones himself faces a risk that the judge determines his motion to dismiss is frivolous. If that happened, not only would the defamation cases not be dismissed, but Jones himself might have to pay costs and attorneys fees to the Sandy Hook families for the expense they incurred in responding to the frivolous motions.
    C'mon now Hovey, there's as much room for logic and facts at Raw Story as their is at Mother Jones, The Root, The Daily Caller, Twitchy, and Breitbart.

Comment

Ok Bari Weiss.

Comment

The author of the Raw Story article doesn't understand what is going on in that case.

Jones has been sued for defamation for certain statements he made about Sandy Hook.

He has asserted as a defense to those lawsuits a Texas law known as the Texas Citizens Participation Act. The Texas law provides that if the judge dismisses the lawsuit upon motion, the party who brought the original case may have to pay the defendant his or her costs and expenses associated with defending it, including attorneys fees.
        From the article:

The New York Times reported that in a counter-suit filed after the parents of Sandy Hook victim Noah Pozner sued Jones for defamation, the far-right conspiracy theorist is seeking $100,000 in court costs under a Texas law intended to protect free speech from people “who aim to silence them through costly litigation.”

In court, Jones and his attorneys said they’re seeking the hefty court costs under the Texas Citizens Participation Act because the family has taken measures “to silence those who openly oppose their very public ‘herculean’ efforts to ban the sale of certain weapons, ammunition and accessories, to pass new laws relating to gun registration and to limit free speech.”
        Nothing about Jones being a scumbag, SJ?

Comment

I don't think anyone here except Flaggy believes Jones isn't a scam artist who traffics in conspiracies to make millions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            From the article:

Yeah, I’m still not sure they are quoting the article correctly, or that the article itself is right. I still think the court costs request is as part of the original case.

As for Jones, I assume he’s a POS, although I have literally never heard the man say a word. My knowledge of him comes almost entirely from comments made here and the handful of news stories you people have linked to.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

http://www.startribune.com/maple-gro...ide/489798791/

An 18-year-old Maple Grove man was arrested Tuesday after he allegedly pushed an 8-year-old boy off a waterslide in Apple Valley, causing him to fall 31 feet to the ground, police said.

Once they reached the top of the slide platform, the man picked up the boy and pushed him over the railing, according to police. The boy fell 31 feet to the ground.

The boy was conscious and breathing when police arrived around 1:35 p.m. He was taken to a hospital, where he is in stable condition, according to police.

“He’s had a number of broken bones and will have to go through a number of surgeries,” Apple Valley Police Capt. Nick Francis said.

Police believe the man may be developmentally delayed, Francis said.

“When we spoke with him, he was able to tell us that he knew what he did, he knew what he did was wrong, he knew what he did was going to hurt someone,” he said.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                From the article:

Do any of you even have a clip of Jones actually saying or doing any of this? No, you don't, because these are bogus suits meant to elicit the exact response you're giving out now.

Comment

Yeah, I’m still not sure they are quoting the article correctly, or that the article itself is right. I still think the court costs request is as part of the original case.

As for Jones, I assume he’s a POS, although I have literally never heard the man say a word. My knowledge of him comes almost entirely from comments made here and the handful of news stories you people have linked to.
                  Actually, it's a counter-suit related to Texas's anti-SLAPP legislation, designed to keep people from issuing frivolous lawsuits designed to destroy the defendant in the court of public opinion.

Maybe you should actually try listening to what he has to say. I felt the same way as you once, but true civil discourse starts with hearing the other sides' message.

Comment

Dont feed the troll...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I just find it ironic that Hovey clearly explained in a detailed post exactly what Frauddy just asked. And then Frauddy accuses him of not hearing the other side

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
                        I just find it ironic that Hovey clearly explained in a detailed post exactly what Frauddy just asked. And then Frauddy accuses him of not hearing the other side
                        A NYT article is not actual clips from Jones himself. Just like how an outlet, right after videos were pulled, claimed that Jones attacked a child. I will state it again: Try actually reading and/or viewing what Jones has to say from his outlet, as opposed to the spin filter placed by others.

Comment

-_-

Comment

NYT vs. Sullivan: An interesting case in this matter.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                              A NYT article is not actual clips from Jones himself. Just like how an outlet, right after videos were pulled, claimed that Jones attacked a child. I will state it again: Try actually reading and/or viewing what Jones has to say from his outlet, as opposed to the spin filter placed by others.
                              Jones will make money if I go to his page, so no thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                                From the article:

Oh, what do you know... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHJfO_5gyRw

Comment

Working...
                                X