Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nice Planet 15: I Knew It, I'm Surrounded By...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 15: I Knew It, I'm Surrounded By...

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Oh my god. North Dakota’s mascot is SO bad
    Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    It's....wow.
    That kind of decision-making happens after 6 months of deep cold, wind, and sod hut darkness. Willa Cather understood.

Comment

Yep, it's not good.

http://www1.und.edu/mascot

Comment

Looks very Philadelphia Eagle-y.

What are my chances of having AA batteries thrown at me and beer dumped on me in Grand Forks?
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

What are my chances of having AA batteries thrown at me and beer dumped on me in Grand Forks?
          You're not from MN, so you should be good. Might get cussed out a little, though.
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Pretty low. Only time you're likely to catch flak for wearing NMU gear is if you're at the Ralph and your kitties are playing the Effin' Hawks. Even then, they'll probably just rub it in when they score, and you won't get anything thrown at you.

Comment

Try to blend in: dress well, be prepared to make small talk about art, philosophy and European politics, and show a sense of humor. You do all that and wear maroon and gold, you're still f c ed because they won't believe you.

edit: unless they recognize you as Brent, Handy, Slap, dxmn, or a handful of others on this board. Free pass.
              Last edited by burd; 09-23-2018, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                Try to blend in: dress well, be prepared to make small talk about art, philosophy and European politics, and show a sense of humor. You do all that and wear maroon and gold, you're still f c ed because they won't believe you.

edit: unless they recognize you as Brent, Handy, Slap, dxmn, or a handful of others on this board. Free pass.
                The only time I was up there was for a Mich Tech game, with bbdl/ShirtlessGuy, wore Tech stuff, and the MN obsession up there was still prevalent. I will say, a couple of Whioux fans bought us a round of shots because they felt bad "we drove all the way from MI to get our arse whupped." We didn't tell them the truth.

Then again, some Whioux fan was "MAN, TECH SUCKS! WHAT A BUNCH OF TRASH!" Me: Yeah, Tech kinda sucks. You see the game? Whioux Fan: No. Who won? /truestory
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I still think the nickname of Ku Klux Kestrel works.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What's next? Juilliard for the tone-deaf? https://nypost.com/2018/09/21/divers...cants-anymore/

Comment

Well Flaggy, when it comes to tone-deafness, you are practically an expert in the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                        Well Flaggy, when it comes to tone-deafness, you are practically an expert in the field.
                        This is what's wrong - the article provides an interesting discussion point (should performing art schools require auditions), instead you attack the poster.

How can we debate the topics if you keep shouting down the messenger/advocate?
                        CCT '77 & '78
                        4 kids
                        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                          WOW! Super Male Vitality pills 50% off!!
                          Is that 50% off the price or 50% off.....
                          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

• Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            This is what's wrong - the article provides an interesting discussion point (should performing art schools require auditions), instead you attack the poster.

How can we debate the topics if you keep shouting down the messenger/advocate?
                            You don't debate your racist uncle or the village idiot, Joe. And I don't get into battles of wit with unarmed opponents, of which flaggy clearly qualifies.

And maybe if anyone in the Murdoch empire published an original thought, it'd be worth debating. As is, you can guess the content of the article 99% of the time based on the headline if the byline says NY Post, WSJ. or Fox News. They're one and the same, pushing the same herpaderp agenda to frighten old people like yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                              You don't debate your racist uncle or the village idiot, Joe. And I don't get into battles of wit with unarmed opponents, of which flaggy clearly qualifies.

And maybe if anyone in the Murdoch empire published an original thought, it'd be worth debating. As is, you can guess the content of the article 99% of the time based on the headline if the byline says NY Post, WSJ. or Fox News. They're one and the same, pushing the same herpaderp agenda to frighten old people like yourself.
                              Debate the article contents not the poster.
                              CCT '77 & '78
                              4 kids
                              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

When a poster keeps parroting the same talking points that were debunked hundreds of times or mostly just spams articles with talking points that were debunked hundreds of times, you can be critical of both.

Comment

Working...
                                X