X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Well, I don't, but a lot of you do!

Originally posted by bostonewe
    The taproom where we do Trivia on Mondays has a great poutine with pulled pork that is made with homemade tater tots instead of fries. It's delightful.
    Tots would be a nice change of pace, I think. I should probably clarify my position on "fancy". I think any porcine additions are fine.

This article outlines the case. I think my favorite laugh is "head cheese and fig" poutine. Those are fine on their own, but should never be combined into quite possibly the most revoltingly hipster poutine I've ever heard of.

FWIW, last fall I ate at both La Banquise (where I had the traditional "La Classique"), and Au Pied De Cochon (where I focused on more foie gras and pork-centric dishes and skipped the potatoes).
    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 05-30-2018, 12:59 AM.

Re: Gear Grinding 9: I Need a Wine!

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Well, I don't, but a lot of you do!

Tots would be a nice change of pace, I think. I should probably clarify my position on "fancy". I think any porcine additions are fine.

This article outlines the case. I think my favorite laugh is "head cheese and fig" poutine. Those are fine on their own, but should never be combined into quite possibly the most revoltingly hipster poutine I've ever heard of.

FWIW, last fall I ate at both La Banquise (where I had the traditional "La Classique"), and Au Pied De Cochon (where I focused on more foie gras and pork-centric dishes and skipped the potatoes).
    Bucket list restaurant in bold. Tcbg's friend from high school has been a few times, but we never got around to going with him. He used to drive up and back in one day for dinner (it's about 5 hours + border crossing time).

The tots are nice; they're well cooked/fried and, like you said, something a little different.

Comment

Poutine sucks.

Fight me.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
        Poutine sucks.

Fight me.
        I won't say it sucks. When done right, it's perfectly fine food for drunks, or the subsequently hungover. Like average NY/CT pizza, or Italian beef in Chicago, or Coney Dogs in Detroit - it fits the bill when you need salt and grease.

Would I seek it out, even in MTL after my La Banquise experience? Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by bostonewe View Post
          Bucket list restaurant in bold. Tcbg's friend from high school has been a few times, but we never got around to going with him. He used to drive up and back in one day for dinner (it's about 5 hours + border crossing time).

The tots are nice; they're well cooked/fried and, like you said, something a little different.
          Au Pied is worth a visit for Le Cromesquis alone. I don't blame him!

If you go anytime in the near future, I have a perfect AirBnB that's right around the corner.

Comment

Poutine sucks.
            Fight me.
            It's okay to be wrong.

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            Au Pied is worth a visit for Le Cromesquis alone. I don't blame him!
            If you go anytime in the near future, I have a perfect AirBnB that's right around the corner.
            I'll keep you in mind. tHubs and I were thinking a long weekend away in the fall; maybe we'll go to Montreal.

Comment

Poutine sucks.

Fight me.
              Nah. More for me then...
              I was told there would be no math...

Comment

Poutine sucks.
                This is correct. What if an ailing chicken threw up on some french fries?
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                  This is correct. What if an ailing chicken threw up on some french fries?
                  **** Kepler agreeing with dx why do you have to be so mean to him? I know he said to fight him but ****!

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Poutine sucks.

Fight me.
                    The stuff up in Canada is pretty good.
                    You just don’t like it because it’s not slathered in Mayo

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                      The stuff up in Canada is pretty good.
                      You just don’t like it because it’s not slathered in Mayo
                      I knew that was coming.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Cheese curds - even the "real ones" - are disgusting. I'd sooner suck down a tube of "cheeze-something something" than try to nosh on deep-fried chew toys.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                          I'd sooner suck down a tube of "cheeze-something something" than try to nosh on deep-fried chew toys.
                          < flip >
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

I just realized between June 1 and July 31 I’ll be on the road half time.

Europe 6/1-6/15. Road trip 6/29-7-5. Another road trip 7/19-7/22. Training for work at a remote plant 7/22-7/27. Then a small road trip 7/27-7/29.

I love traveling, even to other plants, but this might be a bit much. And it’s just starting to sink in.
                            Code:

Comment

I just realized between June 1 and July 31 I’ll be on the road half time.

Europe 6/1-6/15. Road trip 6/29-7-5. Another road trip 7/19-7/22. Training for work at a remote plant 7/22-7/27. Then a small road trip 7/27-7/29.

I love traveling, even to other plants, but this might be a bit much. And it’s just starting to sink in.
                              So party at DX's place in a few weeks
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Working...
                              X