This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    She's got sh-tty taste in husbands. It's entirely possible she has sh-tty taste in music.
    You would hate Piano Man.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.34: Spy Gate. No Spy. No Gate.

Lock that ***** up.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
        You would hate Piano Man.
        Piano Man is fine. The Cold Spring Harbor stuff is actually great.

BJ has been sh-t since Glass Houses, but he was perfectly cromulent before that. He's Elvis: fat Elvis sucks, and BJ has been fat Elvis since 1980.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

The Root still sucks. Reading their crap is going to give you a brain tumor.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

ROTFLMAO
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              The Root does kinda suck. They have a couple decent writers but Ta-Nehisi Coates is not walking through that door.

It's early days. Jezebel sucked in the beginning, too. It's like teenage rebellion: in the initial shock that you've been lied to all your life you tend to be strident and absolutist and overreact (and be loathsomely self-congratulatory). Once you meet enough others who have made The Leap and you recognize that there's critical mass, you gain confidence that intelligent people are on your side and you're just fighting the dummies, not the entire opposite identity. Then you start to have nuance and you weed out the morons who happen to agree with you but are actually just as bad as the One Noters on the traditional side.

It's not blacks vs whites or women vs men or gays vs straights or humanists vs theists or liberals vs conservatives. It's smart people vs stupid people.

It really is the rest of us vs the rich, though. F-ck those guys.
              Last edited by Kepler; 05-29-2018, 09:02 AM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                The White Man's Guide to Black Thanksgiving (too lazy to dig up a link) makes their existence ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  They had a story about how Serena had to enter the French Open unseeded because her ranking dropped due to pregnancy. Apparently they have an option to seed players on their own without taking rankings into account, but they've never done it and only Wimbledon seeds different than rankings by taking outside factors into account.

Anyway, the whole point of the article is that the ranking system is sexist and should be changed for women to essentially freeze their score when they're pregnant. At the end, for no reason, they mention 21 of the 22 members of the WTA board are white. This after using quotes from white players and even Ivanka Trump to support Serena being seeded.
                  Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Video of Rudy being booed yesterday!

https://deadspin.com/listen-to-rudy-...dspin_facebook
                    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                    Patreon for exclusive writing content
                    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                      The White Man's Guide to Black Thanksgiving (too lazy to dig up a link) makes their existence ok.
                      https://www.theroot.com/the-caucasia...the-1820643386
                      Cornell University

Comment

Nobody should talk about kneeling ever again.
                        Hey, he slashed 25% off of MAGA gear for Memorial Day: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rchandise-sale

I cannot think of a better way to honor our fallen soldiers.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Great summary: http://observer.com/2018/05/what-did...o-donald-trump

Some highlights:

Although it’s now evident that in mid-2016 the FBI used one or more informants to sniff around the Trump campaign, inquiring discreetly about connections to the Kremlin—a major concern for the Bureau when people with documented and troubling ties to Russia and its spy agencies like Carter Page and Michael Flynn appeared in Trump’s orbit—there was nothing untoward or disturbing about this. This is the FBI’s standard operating procedure in counterintelligence cases. Although Trump and his defenders have frequently stated that employing informants was illegal and scandalously inappropriate, that’s just one more Trumpian falsehood.
                          Senator Marco Rubio, a Republican, was equally blunt in his weekend comments on “Spygate,” explaining in an acid-etched interview that he has seen “no evidence” that the FBI spied on the Trump campaign. Since Rubio sits on the Senate Intelligence Committee, which is less plagued by partisanship than its House counterpart, his comments deserve an airing. “What I have seen is evidence that they were investigating individuals with a history of links to Russia that were concerning,” Rubio explained, continuing, “It appears that there was an investigation not of the campaign, but of certain individuals who have a history that we should be suspicious of, that predate the presidential campaign of 2015, 2016. And when individuals like that are in the orbit of a major political campaign in America, the FBI, who is in charge of counterintelligence investigations, should look at people like that.”
                          Let me put my cards on the table: The counterintelligence investigation of Donald Trump was kicked off by not one, not two, but multiple SIGINT reports which set off alarm bells inside our Intelligence Community. This has been publicly known, in a general way, for some time. A little over a year ago, the Guardian reported, based on multiple intelligence sources, that the lead was taken by Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ – Britain’s NSA), which “first became aware in late 2015 of suspicious ‘interactions’ between figures connected to Trump and known or suspected Russian agents, a source close to UK intelligence said. This intelligence was passed to the U.S. as part of a routine exchange of information.”

NSA isn’t just the world’s most powerful intelligence agency, it’s the hub of the whole Western spy system. In late 2015, based on GCHQ reports, the word went out to NSA’s close friends and partners to be on the lookout for any intercepts touching on Russian efforts to infiltrate the Trump campaign. They found plenty. As the Guardian explained, in the first half of 2016, as Trump’s presidential bid gained unexpected steam, Australia, Germany, Estonia, and Poland all had SIGINT hits that indicated a troubling relationship between Trump and Moscow. So, too, did the French and the Dutch—the latter being an especially savvy SIGINT partner of NSA’s.

As the Guardian tactfully phrased the matter, “GCHQ was at no point carrying out a targeted operation against Trump or his team or proactively seeking information. The alleged conversations were picked up by chance as part of routine surveillance of Russian intelligence assets. Over several months, different agencies targeting the same people began to see a pattern of connections that were flagged to intelligence officials in the U.S.” In other words, Western intelligence agencies that were eavesdropping on the Kremlin and its spies—not Trump or any of his retinue—heard numerous conversations about Trump and his secret Russian connections. As I’ve told you previously, senior Kremlin officials got very chatty about Trump beginning in late 2014, on the heels of his infamous Moscow trip, and NSA knew about this.
                          The official went on: “We had several reports in late 2015 and early 2016, mostly from Second and Third Party”—that being spy-speak for NSA’s foreign friends—“but by the spring of 2016 we had plenty of our own collection.” These reports, based on multiple intercepts, were tightly compartmented, that is, restricted to a small group of counterintelligence officials, given their obvious sensitivity, but they painted an indelible picture of a compromised GOP nominee. “The Kremlin talked about Trump like he was their boy, and their comments weren’t always flattering.” The NSA official stated that those above-top-secret reports left no doubt that the Russians were subverting our democracy in 2016—and that Team Trump was a witting participant in the Kremlin’s criminal conspiracy: “Trump and his kids knew what they were doing, and who they were doing it with,” the official explained.

KDR

gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."

Comment

Imagine if Obama had a record of physically and emotionally abusing previous wives and then no one saw Michelle for two and a half weeks. It would run on Fox 24/7.

KDR

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Imagine if Obama had a record of physically and emotionally abusing previous wives and then no one saw Michelle for two and a half weeks. It would run on Fox 24/7.
                              They’d probably spin up a new station for it

Comment

As I said before, the FBI was not investigating the Trump Campaign. The FBI was looking into certain people, like Carter Page, Roger Stone, Paul Manafort, and Michael Flynn, who had been investigated in the past and deemed to have suspicious relationships with Russian nationals, or were continuing those relationships immediately before Trump declared for office. carter Page was even considered to be a fully compromised asset of Russian intelligence.

None of these investigations would have come anywhere near the Trump campaign except for one thing. Donald Trump hired all of these people to work for him. One man, and one man only is to blame for the FBI now having questions about people working at the Trump campaign. The man who hired them.

Donald Trump.
                                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X