Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.34: Spy Gate. No Spy. No Gate.

LeBron and Steph Curry have said neither team is coming to the White House.

https://deadspin.com/lebron-james-an...tea-1826574588
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
      Cause Dems are spineless jagoffs who will give in to the Repubs on anything if they think it'll make the Repubs like them more. See: Patriot Act; Authorization to Use Military Force re: Iraq; public option off the table; no prosecutions for almost destroying the global economy, etc, etc.
      This is spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
        LeBron and Steph Curry have said neither team is coming to the White House.

https://deadspin.com/lebron-james-an...tea-1826574588
        I love the Penguins but will never forgive ownership for having them attend at the White House.

Comment

MSNBC
          ‏Verified account @MSNBC

The United Nations warned the Trump administration about violating human rights with the new immigration policy separating children from their parents at the Mexican border.
          Remember when we were the "good guys"?
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            We were the "less bad" guys.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              When was that?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                Ahh, flyover country. True patriots, every last one of them.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/e...hio-landscaper
                What a waste of police effort. Weren’t there some colored kids smoking weed that could have been arrested instead??
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Ahh, flyover country. True patriots, every last one of them.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/e...hio-landscaper
                  I wonder when the ICE investigation into illegal labor at Trump's resort properties will begin?

I'm guessing right around the time hell freezes over.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                    When was that?
                    Around the time of Gordon Sinclair.

Comment

Cause Dems are spineless jagoffs who will give in to the Repubs on anything if they think it'll make the Repubs like them more. See: Patriot Act; Authorization to Use Military Force re: Iraq; public option off the table; no prosecutions for almost destroying the global economy, etc, etc.
                      Absurd. Hiking takes on the rich (Clinton, Obama), expanding health care access (Clinton with CHiP, Obama with ACA), expanded regulation on financial industry (Dodd-Frank), weren't done to "make the Repubs like them more" unless your vantage point is that of a certifiable lunatic. As I've said before, if the Republicans message is "Dems suck. They haven't gotten anything done ever." and the message of liberals is "Dems suck. They haven't gotten anything done ever." - do you maybe, kinda, a little bit, see why that doesn't help the Dems obtain power and put people like Elizabeth Warren in charge of overseeing Wall St from her Senate perch for example?
                      Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Dems have sometimes hedged their bets when they shouldn't have. Knuckling under to War Fever was the worst case of that. Equivocating with the 1% and missing their chance to roll back the Reagan-Cheney Plutocracy wholesale after the 2006 financial crisis was almost as bad. In the former case I can sympathize: after an attack the nation descends to the level of its dumbest, most violent elements, and defying that would have taken an act of bravery unprecedented in American politics. The latter case made me suspicious the Dems have been compromised by the same wealthy toe jam that has made the GOP an irredeemable sewer.

But the Dems are still 999999999999999999999999999999.99% better than the Republicans and likely will be for the rest of our lifetimes. The Dems are corrupted around the edges; the GOP is a fascist party to its core.
                        Last edited by Kepler; 06-06-2018, 09:14 AM.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                          Absurd. Hiking takes on the rich (Clinton, Obama), expanding health care access (Clinton with CHiP, Obama with ACA), expanded regulation on financial industry (Dodd-Frank), weren't done to "make the Repubs like them more" unless your vantage point is that of a certifiable lunatic. As I've said before, if the Republicans message is "Dems suck. They haven't gotten anything done ever." and the message of liberals is "Dems suck. They haven't gotten anything done ever." - do you maybe, kinda, a little bit, see why that doesn't help the Dems obtain power and put people like Elizabeth Warren in charge of overseeing Wall St from her Senate perch for example?
                          Tell me again how Hillary was a lock.

I'm not saying on everything. But time and again, the Dems show exactly how spineless they are by backing down to Republicans on policy. I see you didn't even bother to address the things I mentioned, but brought up a bunch of others. OK,

CHiP. An already existing program that electing a Dem meant it would continue. Nothing new,. groundbreaking, or particularly game-changing about it.

ACA. A Rube Goldberg contraption based on a Conservative think tank's policy papers. Truly progressive. And they killed their bargaining power from the get-go by taking the public option, let alone single payer, off the table.

Dodd-Frank was about the most watered down financial "regulation" they could get passed, as again, they wouldn't fight the Repubs for anything tougher. But once again, policy straight out of that centrist, Third Way, Republican lite that you think the Dems should be. And what about this most recent horrible banking legislation they joined with the Repubs to get passed?

Donald Trump ran on a populist message, even though just an act, and got elected. But somehow, the Democrats shouldn't go that way, and should stick to the tried and true milquetoast stances that got them smoked by Trump in the first place. What's the definition of insanity again?

But Hillary was a lock, right?
                          Last edited by rufus; 06-06-2018, 09:16 AM.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            Dems have sometimes hedged their bets when they shouldn't have. Knuckling under to War Fever was the worst case of that. Equivocating with the 1% and missing their chance to roll back the Reagan-Cheney Plutocracy wholesale after the 2006 financial crisis was almost as bad. In the former case I can sympathize: after an attack the nation descends to the level of its dumbest, most violent elements, and defying that would have taken an act of bravery unprecedented in American politics. The latter case made me suspicious the Dems have been compromised by the same wealthy toe jam that has made the GOP an irredeemable sewer.

But the Dems are still 999999999999999999999999999999.99% better than the Republicans and likely will be for the rest of our lifetimes. The Dems are corrupted around the edges; the GOP is a fascist party to its core.
                            So true. And if we want to get better democrats, we need to reward the ones who do the right things, and criticize and punish the ones who don't. Maybe then, we can get Dems back to standing up for the working people, the unions, and the backbone of this country, instead of being just a less worse version of the Republicans.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Donald Trump ran on a populist message, even though just an act, and got elected. But somehow, the Democrats shouldn't go that way, and should stick to the tried and true milquetoast stances that got them smoked by Trump in the first place. What's the definition of insanity again?
                              This was what was most galling. Dumpy lied but was put over the top by the anti-aristocratic messaging that OUGHT to be the bread and butter of Democratic policy. Third Way is a loser message under the new circumstances of the American middle class falling rapidly due to the rot of nearly 50 years of neoliberal economics.

People laugh at Bernie but he was at least willing to revive real liberalism for the first time on a national stage in two generations. And he was wildly popular for it. He just wasn't popular among the donor class and the Democratic party's entrenched interests, for the obvious reason that they're all f-cking millionaires or billionaires. The Democratic party has been colonized by the very people whose economic policy preferences are destroying the country. They're great on civil rights and social issues, and that's important, but they totally suck when it comes to economic justice. We either have to convert them, coerce them, or replace them.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Ah rufus, another zealot short on facts:

"The legislation to create it was sponsored by Senator Ted Kennedy in a partnership with Senator Orrin Hatch,[3] with support coming from First Lady Hillary Clinton during the Clinton administration.[4][5][6] At its creation in 1997, SCHIP was the largest expansion of taxpayer-funded health insurance coverage for children in the U.S. since[citation needed] Lyndon Johnson established Medicaid in 1965.[7] The statutory authority for CHIP is under title XXI of the Social Security Act."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Childr...administration

Now I'm not saying you're an idiot, but in your own comments you are 100% wrong about a new law passed in Clinton's term and partially written by noted right winger Ted Kennedy that EXPANDED FEDERAL HEALTHCARE!!! If this is the goal of progressive crowd, why in God's name are you trashing, instead of celebrating, a significant victory in that battle? Misinformed comments like yours are killing the Democrats and the cause of liberalism. The GOP is perfectly capable of distorting Dem accomplishments. Why you want to climb in bed with them is beyond me.

This reminds me of trix blasting Dem Senators for supporting recent GOP Tax Theft, when in reality no Dem Senator, not even the ones up for re-election in states Chump won by double digits, supported the legislation. Might I suggest some you get a little better informed next time? With friends like you...
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X