Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.34: Spy Gate. No Spy. No Gate.

As I said Hovey, your naïve faith in our current legal system is almost charming. Cute, even.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I'll bet the body count from our school mass murders now is much higher than the riots and the campus shootings in 68.

We'll call cops murdering unarmed blacks a wash since they've been doing that all along, they just didn't have cell phones in 68.

In 68 the federal government and the judiciary were gradually on the upswing of cleaning out the reactionary sewers. Now they're in the vanguard of the movement to return us to the brutality of a righty worldview. So that part's worse.

And in 68 people were turning out in the streets and making a difference. Now the 1% have found ways to lull everyone into a deep and dreamless slumber. So that part's a lot worse.
      But Hovey has faith in our legal system.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
        You and your white folk have it pretty good it seems!
        For now.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
          If it's a simple question of whether I'd rather live somewhere else, that's not difficult--Yes, without question. But, you (and all the people that like to trot this line out) can't possibly be dense enough to think it's that simple for the vast majority of people.
          No, I'm just calling BS on all of the phony whining that's done here and elsewhere. "Oh, I hate it here. Oh, I wish I lived somewhere else. Oh, I wish I could move to _______." BS. It's far from perfect here, but there's a reason you are all staying, and it's the same reason that so many people from around the world try to get here. There is no place better to live.
          That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            No, I'm just calling BS on all of the phony whining that's done here and elsewhere. "Oh, I hate it here. Oh, I wish I lived somewhere else. Oh, I wish I could move to _______." BS. It's far from perfect here, but there's a reason you are all staying, and it's the same reason that so many people from around the world try to get here. There is no place better to live.
            Yeah, I remember when those Abolitionists were so whiny. Boy, did they ever hate America!

There's a great quote someplace that Authoritarians love their country like a mother -- any criticism will provoke a mindlessly violent response.

Here are the world's nation's ranked by net immigration rate per capita (rightmost col).

Strike the countries that are high because of oil boom employment (Oman, Kuwait, Saudi) or because they're next to a freaking civil war (Lebanon, Turkey).

Here is the ranking of major countries by your own metric:

1. Switzerland
            2. Norway
            3. Australia
            4. Canada
            5. Sweden
            6. Belgium
            7. Finland
            8. Austria
            9. Denmark
            10. United States

Get it? The US was #1 for a long, long time, but we aren't anymore because the sh-thead policies of sh-thead "conservatives" are turning our country into a sh-thole.

The response to that is not to leave. It's to kick every single sh-thead conservative politician incumbent in the country out of office, seal their sh-thead policies in a pine box, and shoot them into the sun.
            Last edited by Kepler; 06-04-2018, 11:43 AM.
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              Yeah, I remember when those Abolitionists were so whiny. Boy, did they ever hate America!

There's a great quote someplace that Authoritarians love their country like a mother -- any criticism will provoke a mindlessly violent response.

Here are the world's nation's ranked by net immigration rate per capita (rightmost col).

Strike the countries that are high because of oil boom employment (Oman, Kuwait, Saudi) or because they're next to a freaking civil war (Lebanon, Turkey).

Here is the ranking of major countries by your own metric:

1. Switzerland
              2. Norway
              3. Australia
              4. Canada
              5. Sweden
              6. Belgium
              7. Finald
              8. Austria
              9. Denmark
              10. United States

Get it?
              Scooby said there were a dozen places he's rather live right now, and you responded, "same here." You and a thousand other twitter users every time something doesn't go your way.

Obviously people are able to move around the world, according to your stats, so again, what's holding you back?
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Appears to me their reproductive rate is higher. Unless they're going with Hispanics. Then it depends on which Hispanics you're talking about. A lot of Hispanics are Catholic so they fall on the Right there. AND, just about all the Cuban Americans voted GOP because Obama opened up Cuba. Which was the right thing to do but may have cost the Dems Florida for the next two decades or more.

So, dying isn't working for me.
                Never understand why the Cubans don’t want travel opened so they can go in and raise a ruckus??

Maybe they just pvssies?
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                  If you get me a visa and a job for Switzerland Norway or Sweden I’ll go.
                  I don’t buy the “there’s nowhere better” bs

Comment

Scooby said there were a dozen places he's rather live right now, and you responded, "same here." You and a thousand other twitter users every time something doesn't go your way.

Obviously people are able to move around the world, according to your stats, so again, what's holding you back?
                    Because I'm not leaving you eejits with the nukes.

And because we're going to win and I want to be there. These waves of dumbas-sery have come and gone throughout our history. Nullification in the early 19th century. The Cause in the mid 19th century. The Klan in the early 20th century. McCarthy in the mid 20th century. And each time we've faced you down and ground your faces in the dirt, because while evil is strong, evil is also stupid.

This is the only conservative flag that ever matters, and it is inevitable because our species is slowly, slowly emerging from brutality:

tl; dr: I want to be there to **** on your graves.
                    Cornell University

Comment

He hasn't landed a spot on House Hunters International?
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        If you get me a visa and a job for Switzerland Norway or Sweden I’ll go.
                        I don’t buy the “there’s nowhere better” bs
                        See, and this is just so typical of the response that comes back. My family won't move. I need a license for my job and I don't want to go through that license process in a different country. On and on.

There are people walking across deserts, riding in the back of semi trailers in 120 degree heat, riding milk carton boats from Cuba, trying to get here, but the only way anyone will leave is with a visa, job and new home handed to them on a silver platter.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                          He hasn't landed a spot on House Hunters International?
                          The American buyers on HHI are why the terrorists bomb us. "I know this is Florence, Italy but I need a 4000 square foot house like the one we left in Texas."

No. Go back to Texas, moron.
                          Cornell University

Comment

The reason I stay is because it's a huge undertaking to uproot my family and it would mean removing my kids from the rest of their family. It has nothing to do with America being the greatest place on Earth.

Comment

See, and this is just so typical of the response that comes back. My family won't move. I need a license for my job and I don't want to go through that license process in a different country. On and on.

There are people walking across deserts, riding in the back of semi trailers in 120 degree heat, riding milk carton boats from Cuba, trying to get here, but the only way anyone will leave is with a visa, job and new home handed to them on a silver platter.
                              Americans want what’s easy. Think it’s owed them.

Nothing new here...
                              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I’d like to be employed, yes. I’m not facing persecution here.
                                You asked a question- I answered. The US isn’t the end all be all

Comment

Working...
                                X