Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.34: Spy Gate. No Spy. No Gate.

I forget, is Drew for mandatory background checks in every state (private sales)? I think that's a pretty basic litmus test for whether you accept common sense gun regulations or not.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
      If it's a simple question of whether I'd rather live somewhere else, that's not difficult--Yes, without question. But, you (and all the people that like to trot this line out) can't possibly be dense enough to think it's that simple for the vast majority of people.
      It's not that difficult. I've done it 3 times now since 1995 and while all were under different circumstances I found a way each and every time. My current endeavor even includes a wife, 2 kids, a dog, a house and cabin back home.

I'm not naive to think, "one size fits all" of course but it someone really, really wants it they can make it happen.

That said why would you want to? How many people that really want to leave have actually lived and worked outside the US for more than 3 consecutive months and did so with all of the above attached? The US is not perfect but I've yet to find a place that is. My wife and I are fairly certain that when we retire we will split our time between the US and Thailand but it's not because we hate it back home.

As for all the ugly American rhetoric tossed around here (not necessarily from you) have those that insist it's an apt stereotype ever hung out with an Italian, German or Russian in Koh Samui? A North Korean in Manila? A Brit in Naples? A Mexican in Uruguay? How about an Aussie or Brit in Bahrain or South Africa? Ugly American isn't half of it.

As for the 1 ugly American we can all appreciate:

Last edited by Slap Shot; 06-04-2018, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Schiff is great but Trump hasn't Saturday Night Massacred yet.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          It's not that difficult. I've done it 3 times now since 1995 and while all were under different circumstances I found a way each and every time. My current endeavor even includes a wife, 2 kids, a dog, a house and cabin back home.

I'm not naive to think, "one size fits all" of course but it someone really, really wants it they can make it happen.

That said why would you want to? How many people that really want to leave have actually lived and worked outside the US for more than 3 consecutive months and did so with all of the above attached? The US is not perfect but I've yet to find a place that is. My wife and I are fairly certain that when we retire we will split our time between the US and Thailand but it's not because we hate it back home.

As for all the ugly American rhetoric tossed around here (not necessarily from you) have those that insist it's an apt stereotype ever hung out with an Italian, German or Russian in Koh Samui? A North Korean in Manila? A Brit in Naples? A Mexican in Uruguay? How about an Aussie or Brit in Bahrain or South Africa? Ugly American isn't half of it.

As for the 1 ugly American we can all appreciate:

Ive also lived and worked abroad multiple times now and that’s the reason I’d like to do it again. It’s not the same as a long vacation.

Comment

Anecdotally friends of ours did an expat assignment in Paris for several years. Great for us because we got to visit and stay for free at their chalet out near Versailles. However, young kids did have a tough time adjusting and they ended up coming back after a few years.
            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Yet.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Ive also lived and worked abroad multiple times now and that’s the reason I’d like to do it again. It’s not the same as a long vacation.
                I know you're interested but is it really a desire to leave and never come back for an extended period?

For all I know my next stop will be Holland (this is real) but I love MN far too much to not go back - even if Don Trump Jr (or as Bill Maher likes to call him Do#chebag von Fu#kface) is POTUS by that time.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  IIRC the Supremes (the court, not Diana Ross and crew) have already ruled several times on unlimited presidential power and I don't recall the Executive winning very often. The Nixon Tapes are one big example, but I think people are also forgetting the Bush Presidency, when he argued among other things that a President can detain any American for any amount of time without charges in a time of war. The fact that he only got certified loon Scalia to go along with that and nobody else ought to tell you something.

I don't think Chump wins a "I can do whatever I want whenever I please" argument. Best he can do is run out the clock until he's mercifully defeated for re-election or committed to the insane asylum.
                  Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    I know you're interested but is it really a desire to leave and never come back for an extended period?

For all I know my next stop will be Holland (this is real) but I love MN far too much to not go back - even if Don Trump Jr (or as Bill Maher likes to call him Do#chebag von Fu#kface) is POTUS by that time.
                    I would like to do at least a few years again. Open to longer, but not saying I’d go and never ever come back

Comment

He cares for all the miners of BEAUTIFUL. CLEAN. COAL!
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        Just out of curiosity, what's stopping you guys?
                        I knew the standard, "Love it or leave it! Hur dur dur..." was coming.

Comment

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post

Trump (and Drew) are about as useful as decaf..
                            Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                            Patreon for exclusive writing content
                            Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

If they got Black Lung, they ain't miners anymore. They're just takers, not makers, and don't deserve a damm thing from our government and our overburdened taxpayers.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                                Trump (and Drew) are about as useful as decaf..
                                Drew's coming around. He seems like a RINO that bought into the Fox News bullsh** about the Democrats, but is seeing that maybe he needs to jump off the GOP bandwagon until they get their sh** together.

I'm more appalled about how Trump is spinning this into a "patriotic" rally. The perversion of how a silent "protest" (moreso just an awareness) about the injustice and inequality for minorities has turned into a bare chested masturbation during the playing of the National Anthem, and if you won't join the circle jerk during the trumpet playing, then GET OFF MY LAWN!
                                Last edited by aparch; 06-04-2018, 06:44 PM.
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X