Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.34: Spy Gate. No Spy. No Gate.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Might be his most ridiculous pardon yet. I've never seen a President use his pardon authority in this manner.
    CNN says Martha Stewart and Rod Blagojevich are next.

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    He’s on a roll today. We are slapping the tariff on steel and aluminum from Canada, Mexico and the EU
    Regarding the tariffs: Canada has immediately retaliated by placing tariffs on US Imported items (dollar for dollar) on US Steel, US aluminum, beer kegs, whiskeys, toilet paper, hair spray, and other US based products.

Side note, why can't we have a president like Justin Trudeau? Oh, right, we did with Obama, and people like Trump are racist d*ckbags.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
      And I don't think boomers were forcing the issues in the late 60s because there was something special about them any more than there was something special about the prior generation. We are a product of our times. That doesn't mean we don't accept responsibility. As I said above, boomers, including me, have contributed to some very serious financial problems in this country.
      Boomers don't exist.

Generations don't exist.

People really need to get over that.

Time is a river, it's not a NASCAR race. And the only differences between people born in different years are by definition external and cultural, so they deserve neither credit nor blame for them, so even single year -- or month -- or day cohorts, while they exist, are meaningless.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Huh.
        Cornell University
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
          CNN says Martha Stewart and Rod Blagojevich are next.
          So basically all of the reality show people. Got it.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            We're going to need an amendment to deal with excessive pardons. This is getting stupid. At least everyone else waited until they were leaving to abuse it so it didn't constantly make the news.
            Or, they didn't.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/cleme...istics#clinton
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              You gotta be rich, or famous. That's required.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                Specifically, you have to have either been kind to, said kind things about Donald, and have appeared on Celebrity Apprentice.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

If you look at that link that I posted a few posts ago, look at the volume of petitions for pardon or clemency that have flooded into the Trump administration compared with past presidents. It's pretty obvious that people view Trump as a wild card and that he might just be willing to grant clemency to just about anyone.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Boomers don't exist.

Generations don't exist.

People really need to get over that.

Time is a river, it's not a NASCAR race. And the only differences between people born in different years are by definition external and cultural, so they deserve neither credit nor blame for them, so even single year -- or month -- or day cohorts, while they exist, are meaningless.
                    Demographic bubbles certainly exist. And we've had this discussion before, but I'd like to think that if the individuals who make up the boomer generation and the individuals who make up the millennial generation switched places in time, the outcomes would be different. Everyone's a product of their time, but they also influence their times as well.

In other words, I don't want to think the election of Reagan was always destined to happen.

Comment

Republicans.

Not people.
                      And spurned Bernie bro’s
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                        but think our problems are much deeper than Trump or people voting republican.
                        yes, they are. But since Trump and Republicans aren't going to do anything to fix them, and in fact are working actively to make them worse, than what's your solution?
                        What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                          Demographic bubbles certainly exist. And we've had this discussion before, but I'd like to think that if the individuals who make up the boomer generation and the individuals who make up the millennial generation switched places in time, the outcomes would be different.
                          That makes literally no sense.

It's the same human fecal matter. In the aggregate it is what it is -- how it reacted to a situation is how it will react.

Unless you are saying take Millenials and Boomers and switch places *when each person hits 21*. Then yes, the situation will be different. But who cares? It won't be anything to do with them. It will just be because the extruded plastic machines of their youth formed them into a different shape.

But the fact that people are proud (or ashamed) of their cohort is ridiculous. They had no agency in who they became, in the aggregate.

Individuals differ, yes, of course. But groupings like this are just another way for people to say HURRAY FOR MY TEAM!

Which is just a way to say HURRAY FOR ME!
                          Last edited by Kepler; 05-31-2018, 04:23 PM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Racist!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qiQ6sMCvwU

Comment

I remember flying to Italy during Dubya. The woman near us asked if we were American and we got to talking about the GOP. I started to apologize for the US being Stumble Baby but she waved it off and said, "don't worry... we have the stupid people in our country, too."

So it's understood that Dumpy isn't America, he's 'Murica, and while those people suck there's global comprehension that those people suck everywhere.
                              People are complicated

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post
                                yes, they are. But since Trump and Republicans aren't going to do anything to fix them, and in fact are working actively to make them worse, than what's your solution?
                                You could work to fix them.....

Comment

Working...
                                X