Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 Atlantic Hurricane Thread - the Cat is out of the bag!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 Atlantic Hurricane Thread - the Cat is out of the bag!

And Mike's Spaghetti Models has the Euro for the next 10 days. Just hit the play button.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
      And Mike's Spaghetti Models has the Euro for the next 10 days. Just hit the play button.
      The European model has done a horrendous job with this system so far. It can't even initialize the storm properly, so I don't trust anything it does with the system beyond that. None of the other models have done well either. Two days ago were nearly unanimous that when it barely became a hurricane, it would weaken a bit, then maybe, MAYBE, get back to hurricane strength later this week. Instead, it became a Category 4. If these models can't even get the first 48 hours right (or in the case of the European, an analysis), why would you ever think that a forecast for 7-10 days out would be remotely correct? Especially when the average error on these models for any storm (not just this one) is over 300 miles at Day 5 alone.
      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

TS Helene https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at...?cone#contents
        Last edited by Ralph Baer; 09-09-2018, 05:23 AM.
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

TS Isaac https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at...?cone#contents
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Helene, not Helen.

"It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
              Helene, not Helen.
              fixed.

Thankfully, turk181 didn't see that.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Florence is picking up and barreling toward the East coast.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

The Jim Reaper is on site in Wilmington, NC. Evacuation orders going out.

Stay safe, and remember, it ain't THAT the wind is blowing, it's WHAT the wind is blowing. If you get hit by a Volvo...
                  Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Sounds like I'll be home Thursday and Friday while the hurricane dumps a foot of rain on us.

Im more inland NC. So not likely to get as much of the wind.
                    PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                    Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                    NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

They're predicting Florence will continue to strengthen over the next 24-48 hours. It jumped back up to a major hurricane this morning.

Comment

The headline is going to be how powerful it is when it comes ashore, but it's also predicted to slow down considerably once it moves inland. The potential is there for some pretty devastating flooding.

Comment

I expect this to be a busy week at work for me....
                          Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                          Originally posted by Quizmire
                          mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                          MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                          MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                          I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                            I expect this to be a busy week at work for me....
                            Only send planes west. So far west they end up in Guam. See if the island will sink or capsize.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                              Only send planes west. So far west they end up in Guam. See if the island will sink or capsize.
                              Guam got hit by a typhoon this morning.

Comment

I LOLed
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X