Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2018 Atlantic Hurricane Thread - the Cat is out of the bag!

Lucia Apologist

Re: 2018 Atlantic Hurricane Thread - the Cat is out of the bag!

Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    Yes, I'm sure. Saying "it's currently predicted" is not the same thing as claiming it's going to happen. In fact, his use of the word "currently" implicitly acknowledges the presence of uncertainty.

edit: And more: "These are very long range forecasts". Why do you think he added that qualification, genius?
    Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    Whether or not his post was accurate is beside the point, which is that he didn't claim what you said he claimed.
    Also thank you.

Regarding the accuracy of my post, I posted a picture that shows a model forecasting the typhoon making landfall something like 10 miles from downtown hong kong. He just ignored it.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

wubba lubba dub dub

A professional weather forecaster is arguing about weather forecasting models, and trying to score technical points on a model displayed earlier in the discussion from a PM that works for Tacky and Abrasive. If this isn't the internet in a nutshell, I don't know what is.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Lucia Apologist

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    A professional weather forecaster is arguing about weather forecasting models, and trying to score technical points on a model displayed earlier in the discussion from a PM that works for Tacky and Abrasive. If this isn't the internet in a nutshell, I don't know what is.
    I'm not sure if you're trying to say:
    1. A professional is always right and can't be wrong about something (you're smarter than this, so I doubt it)
    2. This professional is trying to own someone on the minutia of a topic the OP isn't a professional on (If so, ok...)
    3. *Yakkety sax* (most likely)
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Quote Originally Posted by SanTropez View Post
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West.

wubba lubba dub dub

Mostly 3, a little 2. But mostly 3.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Ofcl Riverhawk Radio Meteorologist

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Regarding the accuracy of my post, I posted a picture that shows a model forecasting the typhoon making landfall something like 10 miles from downtown hong kong. He just ignored it.
    No, I pointed out that it didn't show anything remotely close to what you thought it did, but you ignored that.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Thread Information