X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Mt. Rushmore of "but no Championship"

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    State Supreme Court in Minnesota.
    That's one of the most amazing things I have ever heard of. That man lived a full life.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

He’s only in his early 70s. He’s not done yet.
      FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        That's one of the most amazing things I have ever heard of. That man lived a full life.
        I don't know if the thought still holds true, but a number of jurists thought that he was elected strictly based upon name recognition and not his qualifications.

To be fair, I think there was more than just a little racism in that assessment, but I can't say that I know his credentials other than having a JD - which isn't need to get elected to the MN State Supreme Court.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
          I don't know if the thought still holds true, but a number of jurists thought that he was elected strictly based upon name recognition and not his qualifications.

To be fair, I think there was more than just a little racism in that assessment, but I can't say that I know his credentials other than having a JD - which isn't need to get elected to the MN State Supreme Court.
          It's not racist per se -- you could see the idea arising from the stereotype (frequently justified) of the dumb jock. But yeah, I don't recall that argument being made about Jack Kemp or Bill Bradley. I wonder what could be the difference?
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

From what I understand he more than acquitted any thoughts regarding that by how he did his work.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
              It's not racist per se -- you could see the idea arising from the stereotype (frequently justified) of the dumb jock. But yeah, I don't recall that argument being made about Jack Kemp or Bill Bradley. I wonder what could be the difference?
              mookie would hold a judge at a much higher plane than a rep or a senator. just sayin'
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Marshall, Page, Eller and Tarkenton.

Bud Grant.
                Fighting Sioux Forever

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                  Bud Grant.
                  Bud won in the CFL.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids
                  5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                  1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                  - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by MadTownSioux View Post
                    Bud Grant.
                    I think he does top Marty Scottenheimer and Marv Levy.

Could Gene Mauch be baseball’s equivalent? He got soooo close to the World Series a few times.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                      I think he does top Marty Scottenheimer and Marv Levy.

Could Gene Mauch be baseball’s equivalent? He got soooo close to the World Series a few times.
                      If you bring up Schott and Levy: Don "Air" Coryell
                      The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        If you bring up Schott and Levy: Don "Air" Coryell
                        Yup. But I still think Mr. Grant trumps all three.

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                          Yup. But I still think Mr. Grant trumps all three.
                          I forgot Levy won in the CFL also.

Does that move Schott up front? How about Andy Reid?
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                            Bud won in the CFL.
                            I was on a team that won a mite tournament once, too. Doesn't mean much compared to the real pros.
                            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                              mookie would hold a judge at a much higher plane than a rep or a senator. just sayin'
                              Fair point.
                              Cornell University

Comment

Erik Karlsson
                                Mike Trout

(for current players anyhow)

Comment

Working...
                                X