Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

And here's one that both Minnesota and Columbus whiffed on in that draft:
    Calgary Flames Forwards -- Jason Botterill, Marc Bureau, Jeff Cowan, Steve Dubinsky, Benoit Gratton, Andreas Johansson, Mattias Johansson, Esa Keskinen, Sergei Krivokrasov, Jan Labraaten, Jesper Mattsson, Marty Murray, Dave Roche, Martin St. Louis, Josef Straka, John Tripp, Sergei Zolotov. Defencemen -- Eric Charron, Bobby Dollas, Johan Finnstrom, Filip Kuba, Stewart Malgunas, Fredrik Oduya, Pavel Rajnoha, Dimitri Riabykin, Darryl Shannon, Steve Smith, Lee Sorochan, Brad Werenka. Goalies -- Grant Fuhr, Tyrone Garner, Andrei Trefilov.
    Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
    "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
      And here's one that both Minnesota and Columbus whiffed on in that draft:
      Everyone missed on him...

Is Jon Cooper wearing a Captain America pin?
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
        Yeah, you're right, Darby Hendrickson=James Neal. Jamie McClennan=Marc-Andre Fluery.

McPhee and and Vegas deserve a lot of credit for taking advantage of the expansion rules, but you're kidding yourself if you think it's in any way equal to what previous teams had to chose from.

Oh, and I disliked the Tuch trade from the beginning. Most Wild fans did.

There are exceptions sure...but no one called Karlsson a 40 goal guy and Haula had not been anywhere close to a near 30 goal guy.
        As for Tuch...he looked lost here in his short stint amd didn't even start the year with Vegas.
        Tuch was also the price paid to make sure the Wild kept Dumba/Staal and likely one of Nino/Granlund who would ne traded for cap issues.
        The Wild were in a bad way no matter what they did.
        Vegas plays as a team/buy into their coach and with chips on their shoulders...that's why they are where they are...not because they were gifted a contender.
        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Tony hrkac? Wow!
          So perfect
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Get to go to my second game 7 Wednesday. That should be fun. Or not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
              There are exceptions sure...but no one called Karlsson a 40 goal guy and Haula had not been anywhere close to a near 30 goal guy.
              As for Tuch...he looked lost here in his short stint amd didn't even start the year with Vegas.
              Tuch was also the price paid to make sure the Wild kept Dumba/Staal and likely one of Nino/Granlund who would ne traded for cap issues.
              The Wild were in a bad way no matter what they did.
              Vegas plays as a team/buy into their coach and with chips on their shoulders...that's why they are where they are...not because they were gifted a contender.
              They would have been able to protect Dumba and Staal (Nino and Granlund were both protected) under previous expansion rules, and not had to make a trade to keep them. That's the point.

Nobody is taking away credit from the players or Gallant (he should be a unanimous decision to win the Jack Adams). They are where they are because of themselves. But, it's disingenuous to pretend they didn't have a head start (thanks to the owners), that others didn't. Think of it as Vegas privilege.
              Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
              Originally posted by Quizmire
              mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
              MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
              MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
              I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
                They would have been able to protect Dumba and Staal (Nino and Granlund were both protected) under previous expansion rules, and not had to make a trade to keep them. That's the point.

Nobody is taking away credit from the players or Gallant (he should be a unanimous decision to win the Jack Adams). They are where they are because of themselves. But, it's disingenuous to pretend they didn't have a head start (thanks to the owners), that others didn't. Think of it as Vegas privilege.
                And if they finished last (where they were predicted)...would you have cared about their head start?
                I'm guessing no.
                "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                  And if they finished last (where they were predicted)...would you have cared about their head start?
                  I'm guessing no.
                  People complained about the expansion rules afforded to Vegas well before they played their first game and I doubt that was limited to Wild fans. Sure no one envisioned a Stanley Cup run but that's beside the point. It's a forest, Gump - not just trees.

Comment

If there’s any blame to go around it’s to a) the salary cap changing who teams protected and b) the Penguins for gifting Vegas a Hall of Fame goalie.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      If there’s any blame to go around it’s to a) the salary cap changing who teams protected and b) the Penguins for gifting Vegas a Hall of Fame goalie.
                      What Vegas is doing is showing other teams that the "requirement" to spend a huge amount of your salary cap on one or two players is not just not needed, but it's a bad idea in general. The same kind of spending (for now, as it will change as the team matures) is in Winnipeg.

Blame the cap all you want, but it's nice to see some different thinking, and it works.

As for the Pens- a friend here at work is a big fan of theirs- Flurey wasn't a gift, as much as it was a concession that Murray was the future for the team. Especially when you see the angst that the Pens had for many years due to his meltdowns in post season. He was on his way out, one way or another. IMHO, he really needed a change for a breath of fresh teammates. Being a goalie is 99.5% mental, so the change really helped his game.

Comment

yup. there is no way the pens were keeping flower around at that salary as a back up to a more than capable goalie of the future. any other year he would have been traded for assets.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Its all sour grapes from other teams and fans. Your team isnt sh*t because of the new expansion draft.
                          PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                          Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                          NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                            Its all sour grapes from other teams and fans. Your team isnt sh*t because of the new expansion draft.
                            No, my team isn’t **** because we have a GM still stuck in 2002.
                            FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              Agreed - their bad contracts are their fault.
                              Would have been nice to be able to have the Vegas rules for their expansion draft though.
                              You can say the Wild have bad contracts if you want but the contracts they have (all of them) in every case other teams would have paid more for the player. They have been pretty Cap savvy.

The Wild have a roster of good to pretty good players. They're a good team. The best way I can explain why they don't win in the playoffs is they have a horrible mix. Somehow this collection of players just doesn't get it done. And that is a very difficult thing to fix. Best to enjoy the 82 games we get a year, and the playoff berth as long as we can. Cause rebuilding this mess is going to take years.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                No, my team isn’t **** because we have a GM still stuck in 2002.
                                But he habitually kicks tires to check if they're still inflated before promptly sitting behind the wheel not driving anywhere!
                                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X