Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

Vegas has lost their poise tonight. Regroup for Game 5.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Love this! Run up the score
      That appears to be what they are doing...
      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
      Originally posted by Quizmire
      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Caps one win away from drinking out of the Cup after winning 6-2 tonight. Things got a bit nasty at the end as Vegas was trying to set the tone for game 5. I think they win but the Caps win it at home for game 6
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          That appears to be what they are doing...
          It is impossible for the Caps to run up the score. They need every one of those goals.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
            Caps one win away from drinking out of the Cup after winning 6-2 tonight. Things got a bit nasty at the end as Vegas was trying to set the tone for game 5. I think they win but the Caps win it at home for game 6
            Maybe. But the Caps are playing outstanding defense, as they did in starting in the Pittsburgh series. I expect them to close it out Thursday in Vegas.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

In advance of his post-playoff appearance on the ice is it time yet for the fans to start their customary booing of commissioner Gary Bettman?
              sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

If they lose game 5, are Vegas fans going to know to boo Bettman?
                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Vegas' fans are already better than about 2/3rds of the NHL. Particularly Cup crowds, which are just corporate zombies and their soon-to-be raped dates, anyway.
                  Cornell University
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    Vegas' fans are already better than about 2/3rds of the NHL. Particularly Cup crowds, which are just corporate zombies and their soon-to-be raped dates, anyway.
                    Kep

Rejoice time! Though just this one tweet, nothing from TSN or Sportsnet.

@GlobeKPD: Update....Lou Lams, two weeks after being hired as head of hockey ops, now also Isles GM.

Official:
                    https://www.nhl.com/news/doug-weight...rs/c-298944756
                    Last edited by joecct; 06-05-2018, 01:47 PM.
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      Uh...

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                        ... the Caps are playing outstanding defense ...
                        That is the difference this season.
                        That is the difference in this Cup run between the games that were W and the games that were L.

But if you'd have told me Michael Kempny would be that big of a difference-maker ... I say that because the rest of the D have been Caps quite a while (Carlson, Orpik, Orlov, Niskanen). Those five and a newbie Djoos. Wow.
                        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                          Kep

Rejoice time! Though just this one tweet, nothing from TSN or Sportsnet.

@GlobeKPD: Update....Lou Lams, two weeks after being hired as head of hockey ops, now also Isles GM.

Official:
                          https://www.nhl.com/news/doug-weight...rs/c-298944756
                          I want every Maine alum's head on a spike and maybe I'll start to believe.

Weight is fine being kicked upstairs, he's... cromulent. Snow was and is a waste of oxygen. Take him out back, put a bullet in him, and grind him in with the offal over at Belmont.

But, yes. The Lighthouse rejoices tonight.

Also.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 06-05-2018, 02:38 PM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            Sort of reminds me of being in Nashville earlier in this century (2004 maybe?) when Detroit sent the Preds packing at the end of a playoff series. Typical post series handshake line formed, loosely begun as it usually is by the losing team. As the Redwings begin lining up to shake hands a Nashville fan drawls on about how classy his Nashville Predators are to shake the hands of the winning team. He was certain it was southern hospitality and not tradition, as I tried to tell him. He didn't believe me when I told him the post series handshake was a decades old custom in the NHL, and one mimicked by teams at every level of the sport.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                              Sort of reminds me of being in Nashville earlier in this century (2004 maybe?) when Detroit sent the Preds packing at the end of a playoff series. Typical post series handshake line formed, loosely begun as it usually is by the losing team. As the Redwings begin lining up to shake hands a Nashville fan drawls on about how classy his Nashville Predators are to shake the hands of the winning team. He was certain it was southern hospitality and not tradition, as I tried to tell him. He didn't believe me when I told him the post series handshake was a decades old custom in the NHL, and one mimicked by teams at every level of the sport.
                              You're telling me it wasn't what all of the Preds players learned during their Tennessee upbringings?!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                                Exactly. Anyone saying that Vegas was "handed" their team by the NHL obviously doesn't understand what actually happened. Especially those Wild fans here who seem to think that Tuch and Haula were stolen by Vegas when George McPhee held Chuck Fletcher's dog at gunpoint.
                                Thank you. So many clowns out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X