Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

Continue.
    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Re: NHL 2018: When the AI GM is smarter than actual GMs...

I'll just copy my last post:

I just don't see how Vegas loses with Fleury in net. Any other team would've been bounced after round 1 in four games if they only scored seven goals, let alone getting the sweep. Instead, he's had his best regular season in 8 years and his best playoff ever.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

I want Ovechkin to demand a trade and land in Vegas.

The NHL community would spontaneously combust.
      Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch Boy View Post
        I want Ovechkin to demand a trade and land in Vegas.

The NHL community would spontaneously combust.

Then Vegas better win the Cup this year, because once Ovechkin gets there, they sure as heck ain't gonna win one. Ovechkin is the Patrick Barkley (Charles Ewing) of the NHL. His name is never getting etched on the Stanley Cup.

Comment

It's pretty amazing what has happened in LV. Let's be honest, virtually nobody outside that locker room saw a playoff appearance happening, let alone playing to June.

But, when they land a very solid coach (another Panthers mistake), a franchise goaltender, and naturally a team full of guys with a chip on their shoulder (essentially the same as saying they were in a 'contract year')...

They're a dang fun team to watch, to boot. Fast, sneaky skill. I want to say I think Tampa finally ends this chapter if they match up, but I think LV actually beats the Caps should they come back.

Comment

The Heist - Vegas style

@reporterchris: Reminder: The #VGK were given a 2nd-round pick to take Marc-Andre Fleury, Jonathan Marchessault to take Reilly Smith, Alex Tuch to take Erik Haula, Shea Theodore to take Clayton Stoner and a 1st and 2nd to take William Karlsson and David Clarkson’s contract.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Jets. Grounded.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Ernie Banks, Dan Marino, Charles Barkley, ... and Alex Ovechkin?
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  The Heist - Vegas style

@reporterchris: Reminder: The #VGK were given a 2nd-round pick to take Marc-Andre Fleury, Jonathan Marchessault to take Reilly Smith, Alex Tuch to take Erik Haula, Shea Theodore to take Clayton Stoner and a 1st and 2nd to take William Karlsson and David Clarkson’s contract.
                  Exactly. Anyone saying that Vegas was "handed" their team by the NHL obviously doesn't understand what actually happened. Especially those Wild fans here who seem to think that Tuch and Haula were stolen by Vegas when George McPhee held Chuck Fletcher's dog at gunpoint.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                    Exactly. Anyone saying that Vegas was "handed" their team by the NHL obviously doesn't understand what actually happened. Especially those Wild fans here who seem to think that Tuch and Haula were stolen by Vegas when George McPhee held Chuck Fletcher's dog at gunpoint.
                    I don’t think they were stolen. I’m furious we gave up tuch

Comment

Vegas is in the Cup finals ... and has the fourth most cap space. Oh. My.

https://www.capfriendly.com/

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        Vegas is in the Cup finals ... and has the fourth most cap space. Oh. My.

https://www.capfriendly.com/
                        A lot of GMs just got brutally embarrassed. I'm looking at you, Garth Snow.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

If Vegas figures who is heir-apparent to Flower they'll be set for a decade. Sorry, it's not PK's little brother Mal.

Vegas has 27 picks over the next three draft years. There are only 7 rounds, so they have 27 of 21 possible! Yes, that is correct.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            A lot of GMs just got brutally embarrassed. I'm looking at you, Garth Snow.
                            A lot of GMs were too smart by half (tip of cap to the Brits). They thought they were outsmarting McPhee by cutting deals and ensuring who'd be taken from them. But McPhee was merely amassing extra picks and players, and the "toss in" players he got all seem to fit his basic team design. See: Tuch, March-eh-can't-spell-it-so.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                              It's not about the Wild being "outsmarted" it's about the available player pool afforded to Vegas that no other franchise before them had. Good on them for taking advantage, but Bettman can still kiss my arse for allowing it to happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X