Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Harvard 2018-19

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    199

    Harvard 2018-19

    Sydney Daniels returns to the Crimson:

    https://www.gocrimson.com/sports/wic...20180516e5u7wt

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    199

    Re: Harvard 2018-19

    Does anybody know what we've got here, beyond the bios and stats? (I'll take another Gilmore, Jovanovich or Buckles.)

    https://www.gocrimson.com/sports/wic...20180529mlpquu

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 1999
    Posts
    632

    Re: Harvard 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
    Does anybody know what we've got here, beyond the bios and stats? (I'll take another Gilmore, Jovanovich or Buckles.)

    https://www.gocrimson.com/sports/wic...20180529mlpquu
    Petrie and Reed are the real deal. Not saying others are not good or better, just you know what you are getting with those two. Petrie is far better than Gilmore and Reed is better than Larcom IMO. Harvard is on the way back for sure.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    199

    Re: Harvard 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by BCAlum View Post
    Petrie and Reed are the real deal. Not saying others are not good or better, just you know what you are getting with those two. Petrie is far better than Gilmore and Reed is better than Larcom IMO. Harvard is on the way back for sure.
    This very morning I was about to come hat in hand, begging for news, before your post, so thank you! And surely Blake’s Kyra Willoughby has been on a few Gopher fans’ screens, given her résumé. Résumé schmézumé, say some, but this one is combined with a pretty impressive athletic gene pool, certainly familiar to more than one Minnesotan. Yes? My hope is that Harvard is into the second year of a genuinely promising recruiting cycle, and we can avoid the dead-thread blues. If what you say about Petrie is true, we're off to the races (or at least the conference semis).
    Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 06-20-2018 at 02:51 PM.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dayton's Bluff
    Posts
    681

    Re: Harvard 2018-19

    Quote Originally Posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
    And surely Blake’s Kyra Willoughby has been on a few Gopher fans’ screens, given her résumé. Résumé schmézumé, say some, but this one is combined with a pretty impressive athletic gene pool, certainly familiar to more than one Minnesotan. Yes?
    Actually not this Minnesotan. I do not remember a John Morrison on the 1968 US Olympic team. The fact that Kyra's grandfather (as per her bio) led that team in scoring is very impressive though since it also included former Gopher players Brooks and Nanne whose names are somewhat familiar to people around these parts. Current Gopher player Taylor Williamson's grandfather Murray Williamson coached that 1968 Olympic team. Here's hoping that Harvard will come to Minnesota in the next two years and I can watch the granddaughters battle it out on the ice at Ridder.
    Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 06-21-2018 at 06:11 AM. Reason: And I don't follow high school tennis so....
    "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    199

    Re: Harvard 2018-19

    Q: What’s more exciting than hosting the Beanpot?
    &
    A: Two games at LaBahn.

    https://www.gocrimson.com/sports/wic...20180626dz6p22

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    619

    Re: Harvard 2018-19

    One game at Ridder!

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    20904/13677/07677/07621
    Posts
    35,456

    Re: Harvard 2018-19

    Hoisting your 3rd National Championship banner?

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    619

    Re: Harvard 2018-19

    You win that one!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •