• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Harvard 2018-19

Sydney Daniels returns to the Crimson:

https://www.gocrimson.com/sports/wic...20180516e5u7wt

Re: Harvard 2018-19

Does anybody know what we've got here, beyond the bios and stats? (I'll take another Gilmore, Jovanovich or Buckles.)

https://www.gocrimson.com/sports/wic...20180529mlpquu

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
      Does anybody know what we've got here, beyond the bios and stats? (I'll take another Gilmore, Jovanovich or Buckles.)

https://www.gocrimson.com/sports/wic...20180529mlpquu
      Petrie and Reed are the real deal. Not saying others are not good or better, just you know what you are getting with those two. Petrie is far better than Gilmore and Reed is better than Larcom IMO. Harvard is on the way back for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by BCAlum View Post
        Petrie and Reed are the real deal. Not saying others are not good or better, just you know what you are getting with those two. Petrie is far better than Gilmore and Reed is better than Larcom IMO. Harvard is on the way back for sure.
        This very morning I was about to come hat in hand, begging for news, before your post, so thank you! And surely Blake’s Kyra Willoughby has been on a few Gopher fans’ screens, given her résumé. Résumé schmézumé, say some, but this one is combined with a pretty impressive athletic gene pool, certainly familiar to more than one Minnesotan. Yes? My hope is that Harvard is into the second year of a genuinely promising recruiting cycle, and we can avoid the dead-thread blues. If what you say about Petrie is true, we're off to the races (or at least the conference semis).
        Last edited by thirdtime's . . .; 06-20-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by thirdtime's . . . View Post
          And surely Blake’s Kyra Willoughby has been on a few Gopher fans’ screens, given her résumé. Résumé schmézumé, say some, but this one is combined with a pretty impressive athletic gene pool, certainly familiar to more than one Minnesotan. Yes?
          Actually not this Minnesotan. I do not remember a John Morrison on the 1968 US Olympic team. The fact that Kyra's grandfather (as per her bio) led that team in scoring is very impressive though since it also included former Gopher players Brooks and Nanne whose names are somewhat familiar to people around these parts. Current Gopher player Taylor Williamson's grandfather Murray Williamson coached that 1968 Olympic team. Here's hoping that Harvard will come to Minnesota in the next two years and I can watch the granddaughters battle it out on the ice at Ridder.
          Last edited by bluffrinkrat; 06-21-2018, 06:11 AM. Reason: And I don't follow high school tennis so....
          "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Q: What’s more exciting than hosting the Beanpot?
            &
            A: Two games at LaBahn.

https://www.gocrimson.com/sports/wic...20180626dz6p22

Comment

One game at Ridder!

Comment

Hoisting your 3rd National Championship banner?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

You win that one!

Comment

Working...
                  X