Transfers thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transfers thread

Read this article at the Ice Garden about the two transfers and look what you find in the final paragraph...Clarkson has been secretly cloning one of their best players!

They are evil...

https://www.theicegarden.com/2018/7/...-kassidy-sauve
    At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
      Read this article at the Ice Garden about the two transfers and look what you find in the final paragraph...Clarkson has been secretly cloning one of their best players!

They are evil...

Hahhaha. Ok now they’ve crossed a line.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I use the word poached because both were in really good spots to contend, to be major contributors to their teams without changing schools. I could see if you were on a bad team, had your degree and want to finally play for a contender. I agree, I'd love to know who got the ball rolling in both instances.
        Like Russell Wilson in football.
        Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
        And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
        WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
        If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
          Like Russell Wilson in football.
          Wilson was not wanted by NC St, so he looked to find a new place to play.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post

They are evil...

I'm the author, I'll admit I blew it. One of those were supposed to be Loren Gabel. :P

It's been fixed.
            https://***********/TheVTHockeyBlog
            https://thevermonthockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Frozen Four: '96, '09
            NCAA Tournament: '88, '96, '97, '09, '10, '14

/r/collegehockey moderator
            Fan of the UVM Catamounts, Charlotte Hornets, Oakland A's, and Philadelphia Union

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post
              I'm the author, I'll admit I blew it. One of those were supposed to be Loren Gabel. :P

It's been fixed.
              Nbd, typos happen. I think most readers here knew it was Gabel. Very nice article.

Comment

Originally posted by TovarishchLisa View Post

It's been fixed.
                Like Lindsay said it was pretty obvious who you meant. Was kind of teed up though, to take a little shot at the fighting nurses.

(Thanks for writing about women's hockey. That is appreciated.)

Comment

M I N N E S O T A

Minnesota Minnesota Minnesota!
                  If you're going down this rabbit hole...preparation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm-MrkoJPC8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOcJ1k8_sKA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ0qBTbIkOI

Comment

Official now....along with Sauve. I have to say these immediate play transfers rub me the wrong way. I might actually dislike Clarkson more than MN now.
                    Lots of conflicting values and emotions on this one...

First, I highly doubt that Clarkson did anything against the rules. Further, I've been on campus in Potsdam, and I can assure you it's a likable place.

Second, students shouldn't be required to go to grad school at the same place they got their undergraduate degree. In many cases it's quite beneficial to get a second academic perspective on a new campus.

And yet...

Immediate play transfers also rub me the wrong way. It's yet another case where individual self-interest takes absolute priority over "old fashioned" values like loyalty.

Those of us "outside of the room" don't need to know all of the reasons behind a transfer. In general, my feeling is that if the player is required to sit out a year and she still wants to go, the reasons must be compelling. In such cases I'd have no inclination to second guess. But an immediate play transfer? Setting aside current loyalties in that circumstance feels just a little too easy.

Legislating against grad student transfers isn't the answer. And I have no hard feelings against Kassidy Sauve for exercising a fully legal option. I just wish loyalty mattered a little more than it currently does -- society wide.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post

First, I highly doubt that Clarkson did anything against the rules. Further, I've been on campus in Potsdam, and I can assure you it's a likable place.

Second, students shouldn't be required to go to grad school at the same place they got their undergraduate degree. In many cases it's quite beneficial to get a second academic perspective on a new campus.

And yet...

Immediate play transfers also rub me the wrong way. It's yet another case where individual self-interest takes absolute priority over "old fashioned" values like loyalty.

Those of us "outside of the room" don't need to know all of the reasons behind a transfer. In general, my feeling is that if the player is required to sit out a year and she still wants to go, the reasons must be compelling. In such cases I'd have no inclination to second guess. But an immediate play transfer? Setting aside current loyalties in that circumstance feels just a little too easy.

Legislating against grad student transfers isn't the answer. And I have no hard feelings against Kassidy Sauve for exercising a fully legal option. I just wish loyalty mattered a little more than it currently does -- society wide.
                      Your last sentence is so spot on! Totally agree with you on that point!

Comment

[QUOTE=pgb-ohio;6682456]Lots of conflicting values and emotions on this one...

Did any of the Haters on this Thread think of the following:
                        1. One Lady is from 2 hours away and the other is like 3 hours away compared to 8+. So parents can watch them for the last year of college
                        2. The Womens program is one of the biggest events on campus. Unlike other schools with football, basketball etc. (Mens hockey first, then womens)

Comment

I use the word poached because both were in really good spots to contend, to be major contributors to their teams without changing schools. I could see if you were on a bad team, had your degree and want to finally play for a contender. I agree, I'd love to know who got the ball rolling in both instances.
                          Right on. One program I know poached both its top forward goal scorer and defenseman goal scorer after they had committed somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by EastFan1 View Post
                            Right on. One program I know poached both its top forward goal scorer and defenseman goal scorer after they had committed somewhere else.
                            Commitments mean little these days. A lot of coaches are now recruiting up to the NLI.
                            CCT '77 & '78
                            4 kids
                            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                              Commitments mean little these days. A lot of coaches are now recruiting up to the NLI.
                              Shhhh. Let's just wait and see if Wisconsin guy realizes 22% of his team's offense came from poaches.

Comment

[QUOTE=wildcatcard;6682518]
                                Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post

Did any of the Haters on this Thread think of the following:
                                1. One Lady is from 2 hours away and the other is like 3 hours away compared to 8+. So parents can watch them for the last year of college
                                2. The Womens program is one of the biggest events on campus. Unlike other schools with football, basketball etc. (Mens hockey first, then womens)
                                Valid points but I don’t believe that decisions to transfer were made on that basis or they would have done so 4 years ago. Both players come from programs that have gone through significant turmoil and maybe a change of scenery for their final year of play is all they need. I could never question either player’s loyalty or commitment to their former programs and would be more inclined to commend them on graduating with their classes.
                                Last edited by Puckdrop14; 07-09-2018, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X