Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 108

Thread: Transfers thread

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    555

    Transfers thread

    I figure maybe with all the transfers happening or possibly happening we should just have a transfer thread. Caitrin Lonergan just tweeted that her roommate, sophomore Caroline Ross, a D who played 38 games for the Eagles last season, has left to go to Colgate.

    We know about Sauve possibly going to Clarkson.

    Lindsey Agnew to BC from Minnesota

    Rachel Moore to Holy Cross from BC



    is it me, or does it seem like there a lot of transfers happening this summer?
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

    "Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

    Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,127

    Re: Transfers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Arafel View Post
    I figure maybe with all the transfers happening or possibly happening we should just have a transfer thread. Caitrin Lonergan just tweeted that her roommate, sophomore Caroline Ross, a D who played 38 games for the Eagles last season, has left to go to Colgate.

    We know about Sauve possibly going to Clarkson.

    Lindsey Agnew to BC from Minnesota

    Rachel Moore to Holy Cross from BC



    is it me, or does it seem like there a lot of transfers happening this summer?
    It does seem like it...

    Add Sydney Scobee from Vermont to Minnesota.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    52

    Re: Transfers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
    It does seem like it...

    Add Sydney Scobee from Vermont to Minnesota.
    This question doesn't fit the thread title, but I'm going to ask anyways. Does anyone know roughly what percentage of girls actually get "full rides" to play hockey? On the team my daughter played on (at 19U) there were several girls that received some scholarship money, but the vast majority did not receive full scholarships. Any ideas? Just looking for the norm as I'm guessing 1/2 is closer to normal, unless you're an Olympic talent that all the teams are clamoring after.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7,328

    Re: Transfers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
    Just looking for the norm as I'm guessing 1/2 is closer to normal, unless you're an Olympic talent that all the teams are clamoring after.
    This would be next to impossible to answer conclusively, as it involves personal financial information. But I would guess that your estimate is as good as any.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    962

    Re: Transfers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
    This question doesn't fit the thread title, but I'm going to ask anyways. Does anyone know roughly what percentage of girls actually get "full rides" to play hockey? On the team my daughter played on (at 19U) there were several girls that received some scholarship money, but the vast majority did not receive full scholarships. Any ideas? Just looking for the norm as I'm guessing 1/2 is closer to normal, unless you're an Olympic talent that all the teams are clamoring after.
    My understanding is a school get 18 scholarships to dole out. So, a roster of 24 could mean 12 on full scholarship and 12 on half. Something like that.

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,495

    Re: Transfers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    My understanding is a school get 18 scholarships to dole out. So, a roster of 24 could mean 12 on full scholarship and 12 on half. Something like that.
    I'm not totally up to date on this, but many schools in the past didn't fund the full 18 they could of - simply a matter of school economics. This was typically the weaker/less committed teams. Vermont, Colgate, and Maine were a couple that I remember fell in this category 5 or so years ago. Regardless, I wouldn't assume that all schools are fully funding their scholarships available.

  7. #7
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    25

    Re: Transfers thread

    Johnson (G) and Niska (D) from UMD to UW Superior

  8. #8
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    10,169

    Re: Transfers thread

    Moore and Ross should be it for BC. Probably a good move for both; we wish them both well.

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    4

    Re: Transfers thread

    You can add TT Cianfarano from Quinnipiac to Clarkson to the transfer list

  10. #10
    #SOAR TonyTheTiger20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    East Hampton, CT
    Posts
    10,169
    Quote Originally Posted by reta View Post
    you can add tt cianfarano from quinnipiac to clarkson to the transfer list
    WoWWW.

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sunny SoCal - Home of the Cup
    Posts
    229

    Re: Transfers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RetA View Post
    You can add TT Cianfarano from Quinnipiac to Clarkson to the transfer list
    Clarkson is getting serious.

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    20
    Quote Originally Posted by Rightnut View Post
    Clarkson is getting serious.
    Abby Cleary from Quinnipiac to Vermont. Where did Caroline Ross go?

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sunny SoCal - Home of the Cup
    Posts
    229
    Quote Originally Posted by Reddington View Post
    Abby Cleary from Quinnipiac to Vermont. Where did Caroline Ross go?
    Colgate

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    555

    Re: Transfers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rightnut View Post
    Clarkson is getting serious.
    That is huge if it actually happens. I wonder if her getting subpoenaed in the lawsuit has anything to do with it. Seeley was allegedly very abusive to her during a tournament game
    "So life's a *****. What do you want to do, cry about it? " - Kara "Starbuck" Thrace

    "Wanna go get sugared up on mochas?" - Willow Rosenberg

    Check my website. College hockey; it's what it's all about!

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafel View Post
    That is huge if it actually happens. I wonder if her getting subpoenaed in the lawsuit has anything to do with it. Seeley was allegedly very abusive to her during a tournament game
    Who knows. If both rumoured transfers happen it will be big for Clarkson. There is always a story behind the story but not a lot of answers to explain these potential moves, at least not yet.
    Last edited by Puckdrop14; 05-16-2018 at 03:41 PM.

  16. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Sunny SoCal - Home of the Cup
    Posts
    229

    Re: Transfers thread

    Don't have any knowledge of these players but it would make sense that if they both have graduated, as it appears, they have the opportunity to take their talents to Clarkson and make a run at a national championship for their swan songs in college hockey. (and get a year of graduate school). Not much of a chance at their current schools. No different than many professional athletes do at the end of their careers.

  17. #17
    2009 NCAA Champions Sean Pickett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2000
    Posts
    2,319

    Re: Transfers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hockeymakesmebroke View Post
    This question doesn't fit the thread title, but I'm going to ask anyways. Does anyone know roughly what percentage of girls actually get "full rides" to play hockey? On the team my daughter played on (at 19U) there were several girls that received some scholarship money, but the vast majority did not receive full scholarships. Any ideas? Just looking for the norm as I'm guessing 1/2 is closer to normal, unless you're an Olympic talent that all the teams are clamoring after.
    Quote Originally Posted by robertearle View Post
    My understanding is a school get 18 scholarships to dole out. So, a roster of 24 could mean 12 on full scholarship and 12 on half. Something like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by HockeyEast33 View Post
    I'm not totally up to date on this, but many schools in the past didn't fund the full 18 they could of - simply a matter of school economics. This was typically the weaker/less committed teams. Vermont, Colgate, and Maine were a couple that I remember fell in this category 5 or so years ago. Regardless, I wouldn't assume that all schools are fully funding their scholarships available.
    I haven't requested the data for the 2017 yet, but I compiled the financial information available for for all the school's that sponsor DI women's hockey for 2010 through 2016. My spreadsheet shows athletic aid amounts for all 29 schools (including Niagara and Wayne State when they sponsored women's hockey) that reported offering aid during 2010-16. Of those, the 14 public schools reported how many athletic aid equivalencies were awarded each year, how many athletes received athletic aid and how many athletes were on the team, from which I added a column showing how many did not receive aid. On average 17.27 scholarships were offered each year by each school, which includes 14 times 5 WCHA schools gave out more than 18 athletic aid equivalencies as it appears there are rules that allow aid to students on medical disability or with exhausted eligibility which don't count against the 18 scholarship limit. For those 14 schools on average 22 players a year received some amount of athletic aid while only 2 players a year did not receive any aid.

    For the private schools information is much more limited, but they do have to release how much in total athletic aid dollars they offer and I researched average tuition at each school and came up with an estimated number of athletic aid equivalencies each school offered each year. For the 14 private schools that offer aid the estimated average number of athletic aid equivalencies each year was 16.82, slightly less than the public schools. For all schools that offered aid the estimated average number of athletic aid equivalencies each year was 17.03.

    By the way, Maine has had 18 full scholarships available to offer since 2010 and averaged 17.67 a year from 2010-16. Colgate has had an estimated 17.5 full scholarships available since 2010 and has used an estimated 17.43 a year from 2010-16. Vermont used a low of 15.41 in 2011 and high of 17.92 in 2016, with an average of 16.68 a year from 2010-16.

    I hope this helps.

    Sean
    Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
    Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

    Watch BU Hockey highlights
    NCAA Hockey Financials
    Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games

  18. #18
    Let's go RED!
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Juneau WI
    Posts
    9,877

    Re: Transfers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RetA View Post
    You can add TT Cianfarano from Quinnipiac to Clarkson to the transfer list
    Official now....along with Sauve. I have to say these immediate play transfers rub me the wrong way. I might actually dislike Clarkson more than MN now.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    2,127

    Re: Transfers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I might actually dislike Clarkson more than MN now.
    To ascertain if there is a hint of truth to your statement ask yourself this question. Who would you rather see win the national title this year IF it came down to a match-up of Minnesota and Clarkson?
    Just a mere two seasons away from the arrival of the Human Highlight Film on the Gopher campus.
    "I didn't check with the Ice Garden, so I could be wrong."

  20. #20
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    281

    Re: Transfers thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy A View Post
    I might actually dislike Clarkson more than MN now.
    We've got a new fan! Welcome.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •