Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Transfers thread

Originally posted by Puckdrop14 View Post
    Sorry but teammates are like hometown friends, eventually some make the decision to leave them. Life goes on.
    While true, I still say ARM's description is spot on. Of course there are exceptions. But numerically, that's what they are -- exceptions.

Both girls lived up to their commitments and have moved on for whatever reason. It’s their business. All the best to both of them.
    Agreed on all three counts. I have no interest in second guessing the individual decisions.

People seem to think that because my favorite team was directly affected, I'm incapable of having an objective opinion on the rules and values involved. As someone who prides himself on being a fan of the sport as a whole, that reaction stings. But as you say, life goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
      You should probably stop to think about what it is that you want to say before plunging in.
      In other words, I'm not properly preparing myself for litigation. Or war.

You comment goes a long way towards explaining why the gulf between us can't be bridged. On my planet, you participate on a national sports board to gain information from elsewhere. To listen to other points of view. And to contribute as able. It's not litigation; it's the hot stove league.

In the warming house, having an open mind is a virtue, not a vice. No one is an expert on every team or every rule in the book. Other posters can fill in the gaps. OK, many times the conversation serves only to sharpen one's own viewpoint. But it's more than possible to learn something new, and modify one's views. Letting your thinking evolve is a strength. Setting aside a preliminary thought that didn't stand up to scrutiny is not an indictable offense.

As far as I can tell, you go into every conversation with a battle plan, and a firm commitment not to budge an inch on any point. For those who want to brainstorm, that posture is beyond counter-productive.

I'm baffled by your planet. Sure, I'll fight back when attacked. But it's not exactly fun. For me, being in a constant state of war constitutes an unwanted burden, not a hobby.

Comment

Originally posted by pgb-ohio View Post
        I'm baffled by your planet. Sure, I'll fight back when attacked. But it's not exactly fun. For me, being in a constant state of war constitutes an unwanted burden, not a hobby.
        I am equally baffled by your position that thinking about what one is writing in order to convey what one means is somehow oppressive. That's not having a battle plan; it's understanding the very basics of communication.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Eeyore View Post
          I am equally baffled by your position that thinking about what one is writing in order to convey what one means is somehow oppressive. That's not having a battle plan; it's understanding the very basics of communication.
          And with one final rejoinder, this thread comes to a satisfying conclusion. Best to end a little too soon than a little late -- leave them wanting more. Thanks everyone for participating!

Comment

Originally posted by Leather helmet View Post
            And with one final rejoinder, this thread comes to a satisfying conclusion. Best to end a little too soon than a little late -- leave them wanting more. Thanks everyone for participating!
            Lol!!!!!

Comment

No no no no....It can't end like this, reminds me of the end of end of a Monty Python movie I rather enjoy. Please carry on.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                No no no no....It can't end like this, reminds me of the end of end of a Monty Python movie I rather enjoy. Please carry on.
                "Bring out your dead!"

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                  "Bring out your dead!"
                  It sure read like someone was being oppressed, that is for sure.

Comment

It sure read like someone was being oppressed, that is for sure.
                    Who are you who can summon fire without flint or tinder?

There are some who call me...Tim.

Comment

• Re: Transfers thread

Who are you who can summon fire without flint or tinder?

There are some who call me...Tim.
                      HA! You have cracked the code to my cerebral greatness! Controlling all the fire capabilities is a challenge at times, it's also an asset when camping.

Comment

Controlling all the fire capabilities is a challenge at times
                        I don't know how you haven't lit yourself on fire with all the paint thinner you have around and consume. (although maybe you have some stories you could tell us? )
                        At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

He did say it was a challenge.
                          "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                          And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                            I don't know how you haven't lit yourself on fire with all the paint thinner you have around and consume. (although maybe you have some stories you could tell us? )
                            If the outdoor temperature gets near 98 degrees I start to smolder. It's a cross I have to bear. That's why I love being at the rink, no risk of spontaneous combustion. When my wife and I....., well, um, I better not go there, I might start a trend. To have this kind of power, well, some people just wouldn't know how to deal with it.

Comment

To have this kind of power, well, some people just wouldn't know how to deal with it.
                              I'd say it's your solid Midwestern upbringing that helps you deal with it...
                              At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHoleFrenzy View Post
                                I'd say it's your solid Midwestern upbringing that helps you deal with it...
                                For sure. If some flamboyant Easterner had these abilities, I'm pretty sure NYC and certain parts of Baustin would be smoldering rubble. You have to keep your head.

Comment

Working...
                                X