Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051 LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Wasn't he raving against Dan Rather and CBS News when Dubya was running for president?

I'm just asking a question here.
    ďWhatís the frequency Kenneth?Ē?

Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    ďWhatís the frequency Kenneth?Ē?
    Michael Stipe sucks.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Yep, still here

Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Logical conclusion to the White House being so exhausted clarifying his statements last spring to the point where they finally said his tweets should be considered official statements.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    Sic thinks people in the news media have integrity.
    Dang. There's the error. Thanks Rover.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

Kicizapi Cetan

Frank Bruni claims ... the media ... is de facto the magicians front hand and the other hand is getting away with much.

The Mueller investigation, Bruni argued, is dominating media coverage to the extent that it’s crowding out coverage of what Trump and his administration are actually doing.

“Maybe the just-published Politico report of Trump’s deliberate, cavalier use of a cellphone that doesn’t have strict security safeguards would be getting extra attention” if not for the Mueller investigation, Bruni pondered.
    NYT: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/22/o...stigation.html

Story on Bruni piece (quoted above): http://dailycaller.com/2018/05/22/mu...helping-trump/

Bruni's example about the cellphone (and as I already said, I can argue that's a high crime and misdemeanor so where's the House to write the articles and forward them to the Senate) makes a good point.
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 05-23-2018 at 04:49 PM.

North Dakota Hockey:

Or maybe the guy has so many scandals every other day that his unsecure cellphone falls pretty far down the list.

But her emailz

Kicizapi Cetan

Quote Originally Posted by trixR4kids View Post
    Or maybe the guy has so many scandals ...
    No. It's just the one; Bruni is right on that point.

Not to steal the meme, but as Eve Plumb, and Bruni would say, it's all "Russia, Russia, Russia".

North Dakota Hockey:

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

I don't know how widely read USA Today is, but their editorial pages have long been pointing out just how bad trump has been, both as a person and as more importantly as a president. Some of the columns have been so scathing I can't believe he hasn't been as openly critical of USA Today as he has been of the Washington Post, New York Times or NBC and CNN. Some of the editorials originate in one of the many local Gannett newspapers that are part of the USA Today chain, and some come first from the board of USA Today. Either way I would think they are widely available. The most recent one I've read, "Donald Trump's war on Justice enters alarming phase", is as biting as any of them. And spot on. Too bad accuracy won't prevent 60,000,000 trump voters from swearing to their dying days it's all fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    I don't know how widely read USA Today is, but their editorial pages have long been pointing out just how bad trump has been, both as a person and as more importantly as a president. Some of the columns have been so scathing I can't believe he hasn't been as openly critical of USA Today as he has been of the Washington Post, New York Times or NBC and CNN. Some of the editorials originate in one of the many local Gannett newspapers that are part of the USA Today chain, and some come first from the board of USA Today. Either way I would think they are widely available. The most recent one I've read, "Donald Trump's war on Justice enters alarming phase", is as biting as any of them. And spot on. Too bad accuracy won't prevent 60,000,000 trump voters from swearing to their dying days it's all fake news.
    That's good news, and good on McPaper. I would not have expected them to have a journalistic spine.

We've entered new territory: one major party and their media lackeys have discarded all American values and transformed into a fascist circle jerk. How does one handle that? Should we withhold their media credentials because they aren't news but just house organs of the GOP? Should we pass laws to make lying on the campaign trail illegal? There has to be a better way, where we use American values to defeat these pathetic chumps.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Lucia Apologist

I donít think trump cares about USA Today. He wants to feel respected by important entities. He has a massive inferiority complex. If someone he thinks is important thinks heís a moron, heíll care. He doesnít give a **** about peons or second class newspapers.

He wants the peace prize because even his stupid monkey brain knows itís an important recognition. Or rather, he thinks he can lord it over everyone else. Anything to make the king feel king-ier.

He just wants respect from important because heís so insecure. Heís not a real billionaire so he hired a cabinet of billionaires to get access to heir club. But the real billionaires wouldnít be caught dead with that dope.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    I donít think trump cares about USA Today. He wants to feel respected by important entities. He has a massive inferiority complex. If someone he thinks is important thinks heís a moron, heíll care. He doesnít give a **** about peons or second class newspapers.

He wants the peace prize because even his stupid monkey brain knows itís an important recognition. Or rather, he thinks he can lord it over everyone else. Anything to make the king feel king-ier.

He just wants respect from important because heís so insecure. Heís not a real billionaire so he hired a cabinet of billionaires to get access to heir club. But the real billionaires wouldnít be caught dead with that dope.
    Heís Fredo.
    Iím SMART

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    In one word, he's a Loser.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Heís Fredo.
    Iím SMART
    Dont insult Fredo like that...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Russia ‘turned’ election for Trump, Clapper believes

Russians not only affected the outcome of the 2016 presidential election — they decided it, says James Clapper, who served as the director of national intelligence in the Obama administration, and during the 2016 vote.

“To me, it just exceeds logic and credulity that they didn’t affect the election, and it’s my belief they actually turned it,” he told the PBS NewsHour anchor Judy Woodruff on Wednesday.

Clapper, who chronicles his life and career in his new book, “Facts and Fears: Hard Truths From a Life in Intelligence,” said Russians are “are bent on undermining our fundamental system here. And when a foreign nation, particularly an adversary nation, gets involved as much as they did in our political process, that’s a real danger to this country.”

His comments come amid reports that the FBI used an informant while the bureau investigated possible ties between Russia and Trump’s 2016 campaign.
    “That would be one of the biggest insults that anyone’s ever seen,” Trump told reporters Tuesday, calling the reports ‘spygate’ on Twitter. The president demanded an investigation earlier this week into whether the FBI or Department of Justice infiltrated or surveilled his campaign.

Clapper called those accusations “distorted.” He said there is a “a big gulf between a spy in the traditional sense — employing spycraft or tradecraft — and an informant who is open about … who he was and what the questions he was asking.”

“The important thing was not to spy on the campaign but rather to determine what the Russians were up to. Were they trying to penetrate to campaign, gain access, gain leverage, gain influence, and that was the concern that the FBI had? … I think they were just doing their job and trying to protect our political system.”

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

This Spygate thing is really working for the 40%. Maybe more. Hell, it might be working with 53% of white women. November can't get here fast enough.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    USA Today's institutional memory is apparently like most of their stories -- short.

I'm only old enough to remember back to Watergate and the special counsel's investigation of Nixon, so I can't speak of investigations prior to that, but every President since Nixon has claimed that the investigation is politically motivated, has claimed it's a "witch hunt," has publicly attacked or criticized the investigator and his or her motives, etc...

Nixon did it during Watergate. Reagan did it during Iran/Contra. Clinton did it during Whitewater and Lewinsky. "Vast, right wing conspiracy" ring any bells for anyone?

The mechanism has changed because we didn't have Twitter back then. But the message is exactly the same. Attack the credibility of those investigating you.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    USA Today's institutional memory is apparently like most of their stories -- short.

I'm only old enough to remember back to Watergate and the special counsel's investigation of Nixon, so I can't speak of investigations prior to that, but every President since Nixon has claimed that the investigation is politically motivated, has claimed it's a "witch hunt," has publicly attacked or criticized the investigator and his or her motives, etc...

Nixon did it during Watergate. Reagan did it during Iran/Contra. Clinton did it during Whitewater and Lewinsky. "Vast, right wing conspiracy" ring any bells for anyone?

The mechanism has changed because we didn't have Twitter back then. But the message is exactly the same. Attack the credibility of those investigating you.
    You could save a lot of bandwidth by just typing "BSABSVR" which sums up your thoughts....
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post

LOL

Clinton was caught by the blue dress. All the other investigations found nothing. And there was certainly nothing found on Hillary. Apples and Oranges.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Rover View Post
    You could save a lot of bandwidth by just typing "BSABSVR" which sums up your thoughts....
    Clinton doesn't belong in the same sentence with Trump and Nixon.

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Clinton doesn't belong in the same sentence with Trump and Nixon.
    Its true. He was far more conservative than either of those guys, at least according to Kep and trix.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Thread Information