Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    I had the pleasure of reading them all. It’s a great book although some of the war parts get a bit tedious.

Have you seen the show the BBC did a few years ago? It’s well done, but after reading the book everything happens so fast that it seems really hurried. Books are always better.
    I listened to a wonderful unabridged version of the book on my commute over the space of a few months. It is a great work, although personally I'd ignore the entire Epilogue and by the sixth time he starts on his hobby horse about the insignificance of great men and the primacy of unconscious social forces you want to go back in time and tell him to let Turgenev edit him.

I had this up on my wall at work for about a year:

Last edited by Kepler; 05-18-2018, 12:52 PM.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
      You're not on Bob Gray's level yet, but you'll get there.
      "You can't hammer the last nail in yourself."
      Cornell University
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
        Why stand up and say anything anymore?

If it isn't the "right thing" (<-- whatever that means) you'll be ripped by someone, somewhere, somehow mercilessly. Heck, campuses, bastions of free speech, now have places that are "free speech zones" to ensure that you won't hear something that you might not agree with.

Worse?

It'll far too often go from philosophic (discussing the issue) to ad hominem.

So yeah, we're being well-trained to shut up and get in line (or else get shouted down and face personal derision).
        It's awesome that you feel saying generally mean things about a group isn't hurtful like saying specific mean things about a person. If you get ripped for doing what you believe is truly the right thing I would hope that you could ignore that and feel proud of yourself for doing the right thing. The fact that you can't probably means that deep down you know it isn't the right thing

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          "You can't hammer the last nail in yourself."
          I have never heard that before. That’s fantastic.
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

I think France might have been better off losing that one.
            So precious. Of course you do.

The worthless French. Freedom Fries!!!!
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post

In this instance I think he was referring to the fact that though the French "won" the battle their losses were so enormous and their momentum so spent (and Napolean's image so tarnished) that it ended any chance to force Alexander to the peace table and isolate the English.

Had the French withdrawn without battle the Russians were in a very difficult position. They couldn't pursue and attack, that would have been madness.
              Last edited by Kepler; 05-18-2018, 01:21 PM.
              Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                It's awesome that you feel saying generally mean things about a group isn't hurtful like saying specific mean things about a person.
                Who said about a person or group? I said issues.

Just say "guns" or "abortion" or "global warming" or "taxes".
                The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Because they ‘won’ they wound up going deeper into Russia and had their supply lines cut. Once winter came their troops were decimated. I have nothing against the French and it wasn’t intended in being a dig at them.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Hopefully she doesn’t have a rebellious streak in her! What a story that would be.
                    She wouldn't go for someone that much poorer than her.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Belgium fries >>>>>> French fries
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                        Who said about a person or group? I said issues.

Just say "guns" or "abortion" or "global warming" or "taxes".
                        Pavlov's bells to the typical mouth-breather.

Comment

Fries with mayo? Jeezus you're sick.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

This one doesn't even need a caption. Well, maybe the centrist needs one, but otherwise.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

This one doesn't even need a caption. Well, maybe the centrist needs one, but otherwise.
                              Nice baiting.

Coal ain't clean.
                              And the war on coal isn't even close to being over, it never will be.

As for my personal opinion, if we can get the Segueway tech converted to cars at a reasonable cost (unlike the current electric vehicles, that cost reduction is a ways off) I'm all for that.

The trouble is? Say it with me, everyone....lobbies!
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"War on coal", i.e. "natural gas exists"

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Working...
                                X