Page 41 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647484950 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Kichizapi Chetan

Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Quote Originally Posted by jerphisch View Post
    LOL we should be prosecuting John Kerry, and this get's "Unacceptable," followed by a half excuse and quickly move along. Is your back tired yet?
    He's POTUS, thus follow the process for POTUS.
    If this is a "high crime or misdemeanor" write up the articles and prosecute.
    And, I'd argue it is, as it is national security.
    And I'd have to vote for the article.

Will anyone in the House be that smart (to write up the articles)?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

rock and roller
    no man's land, between wildcat and black bear territory

Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/21/o...veillance.html

I think it's time to admit that in addition to all the reasons for Trump being in the White House, Russia is one of them. And they colluded. There can be no doubt for anyone who has even a modicum of critical thinking skills.
    One of the links from that article.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mpaign-n830596

Read that, Sic, Drew, and continue to say there was no collusion. Just a big nothingburger.

Despite a briefing from the intelligence agencies that the Russians would try to infiltrate the campaign, and the message to inform the FBI if any Russian-related contacts should be made, the Trump campaign, despite already having had six staffers in contact with Russians, did not inform the FBI, and instead continued to have and seek out further contacts with Russians and Russian related groups and individuals.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

They’ll read and it conclude Hillary should be locked up

rock and roller

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Larry Tribe is an AC/DC fan. Who knew?

No, wait, AC/DC is "shoot to thrill, play to kill".
    Larry is saying "shoot to kill".*
    Nevermind.

*I'm assuming Larry means figuratively.

Another reason why The Wire was the best show on television.

https://youtu.be/WP-lrftLQaQ?t=106

Yep, still here

Quote Originally Posted by Kepler View Post
    The only way to stop this is for the other 66% of the electorate to punish them. The GOP was incredibly out of step with the electorate in the 30s, too. That's how Democrats got to almost 80% of the House.
    It also took a Great Depression to destroy the Republican party for twenty years.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

RIP Liberalism 6/27/2018 ScoobyDoo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    It also took a Great Depression to destroy the Republican party for twenty years.
    Yep. And we're too stupid not to let them take it that far this time.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

\../ \../
    Patiently awaiting changes I know are not coming.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    One of the links from that article.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mpaign-n830596

Read that, Sic, Drew, and continue to say there was no collusion. Just a big nothingburger.
    The problem with the trump supporters/water carriers is facts don't matter. They either 1.) don't believe them, or 2.) say the other side is overreacting, or 3.) are too proud to admit to being so wrong, which leads them to double down and continue to support candidates they have no business supporting. #3 is so pervasive and so insidious that even in the privacy of the voting booth they can't admit to themselves they were wrong, so they continue to pull the lever for the ones with the "r" next to their name.

In Nixon's time as president, he ran on a record of some accomplishment. It was easy to see why people might vote for him. Had I been old enough in 1972 it's likely I would have voted for him. But after all the reporting and evidence began to show him as corrupt and probably guilty of criminal offenses many who voted for him jettisoned their support. They admitted they were wrong. At the very least they said Nixon was a crook who should resign and did not own up to voting for him.

trump could go up to a guy who voted for him, pull his pants down and pee on his wife and the guy who voted for him would exclaim from the highest mountain -- and without a shred of evidence -- that trump is making America great again and come November of 2020 will be first in line to vote for him. This is the reason I am so pessimistic about the future.

20 years ago I was leaned heavily in favor of 2nd amendment rights. I believed that the restrictions on law abiding citizens should be very few and very far between when it came to firearm possession. Happily, I understand circumstances and history means I have to change my thinking and laws and beliefs MUST reflect the modern and current reality. Sadly, 95% of republican voters appear to be completely unable to muster up a line of thinking like that. This is a modern phenomena, an evolution in the way too many people act. It is why our congress no longer accomplishes anything and why we face an imperial presidency. We better wake up to it. Those of us who do know how to think and react critically better find a way to band together because if we don't, were as fvcked as fvcked can be. And not in the good way.

Internet Nutcase

Quote Originally Posted by burd View Post
    What became of the allegation that GOP SOS Colin Powell also used a private email server while in office? Was that debunked, or did HRC just stay away from trying to use it as an excuse? (Wisely so, if so).
    he did use a private email account (AOL)

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...l-email-227889

also tons of people in the Bush administration had email accounts on a server owned/operated by the RNC and not the federal government.

Quote Originally Posted by BassAle View Post
    also tons of people in the Bush administration had email accounts on a server owned/operated by the RNC and not the federal government.
    That was a deliberate strategy by the Bushies to evade the requirement that all USG info systems are archived and accessible under FOIA. They thought plotting out their oil profiteering war years in advance and then claiming it had to do with security and terrorism wouldn't go over well with the parents of the dead soldiers. Go figure.

They were right, and those parents still vote Republican lock step. God bless America.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    After Nixon, it seemed like the GOP changed. When I was young, I remember other kids trying to defend him which as a child was bizarre. Fast forward to W. After Iraq (which I was one of the 20% against) and the financial crisis...I figured that conservatives would be humbled and the GOP would learn and reform in a positive way. Boy, did that not happen.

It appears that every time in recent memory we've had a terrible GOP president...conservatives have moved to the right, became a bit less honest and less cooperative. Not at all like Germany/Japan after WWII. Not a healthy trait for this country.
    After Nixon, the GOP switched to a movement philosophy that harms the vast majority of Americans. They became secretive and mendacious because they had to. Nixon at least could bring his ideas into the open and ask the public to give them a fair hearing. Starting with Reagan, conservative ideas had to be pre-treated with propaganda because their essence was lethal to democracy and to the fortunes and even the lives of the majority of Americans.

So we got first the avuncular shell game of Reagan and then the gradual escalation to an ever more fearful, violent, extremist, Manichean worldview culminating in the madness of the Cheney administration and their wholesale torture and invasion. Of course the grassroots right didn't start out evil enough to support that, so it necessitated a full-on re-education of those Useful Idiots to harness their bigotries and anger and fear to keep ginning up the votes. Fundy religion helped for awhile, but it was primarily a political campaign to shut off those minds into the Echo Chamber. That part at least was truly inspired -- by ruining their lives through their policies the GOP drove those people to greater anger which bound them even closer to the very GOP that was destroying them. You can see the results in the dutiful repetition of thought-terminating cliches by our conservative posters here, even today. Now that the effort has entered its second generation it's self-reinforcing by parental training.

It took 40 years to create this monster and it will probably take 40 more to slay it. The only question is whether it actually mobilizes and comes for us with organized coercive force when it realizes it has lost in the legitimate political forum. GOP cheating in vote suppression and gerrymandering, and Hillary's ill-timed run, has kept that wolf from the door for a decade longer than it ought, but it's coming. The moment of truth will come soon enough. Hopefully when it does, and their leaders (safely from their TV and radio studios) order them into actual armed rebellion, the people will regain their sense, wise up, and turn instead on their provocateurs, and we can be a united country again.
    Last edited by Kepler; 05-22-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

It took 40 years to create this monster and it will probably take 40 more to slay it. The only question is whether it actually mobilizes and comes for us with organized coercive force when it realizes it has lost in the legitimate political forum.
    TBD. We're aided significantly by demographics (Hispanics, etc.), but it also depends on if the midwest slide to the right is temporary or permanent. As a country, we'll know quite a bit more after the boomers move on. Importantly, the electoral system will probably always aid the GOP at the country and state levels.
    Go Gophers!

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    TBD. We're aided significantly by demographics (Hispanics, etc.), but it also depends on if the midwest slide to the right is temporary or permanent. As a country, we'll know quite a bit more after the boomers move on. Importantly, the electoral system will probably always aid the GOP at the country and state levels.
    Why are you guys to anxious for us to "move on?"

Ha cohens business partner has agreed to cooperate with prosecutors

Your fashion sense.

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970

Your fashion sense.
    HA!! The Greatest Generation = leisure suits. Who gave us Yoga pants for everyone more than 30 lbs overweight?

Wide belts and bell bottoms aren't so bad. Weren't.
    Last edited by burd; 05-22-2018 at 06:34 PM.

rock and roller

Cause most of you have been destroying this country since you threw away your pot pipe at the end of the 70's, and decided the only thing that mattered was how much money you could accumulate.

Quote Originally Posted by rufus View Post
    Cause most of you have been destroying this country since you threw away your pot pipe at the end of the 70's, and decided the only thing that mattered was how much money you could accumulate.
    Boomers generally have been destroying the country in this manner or red boomers?

Thread Information