Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Yeah and no President acted on it for a reason. But you never one to let facts get in the way. Trump could have ignored it like everyone else he didnt. So Trump did it.

Plus the point was having the guy who hates Jews bless the embassy in Israel...which again...Trump did.
    Trump did ignore it ... twice (two six-month extensions). Then Trump gonna Trump. He called Congress' bluff.

Personally, I'd rather not Congress preen like that but instead be forthright in their actions and dealings.

As far as the guy who blessed the place: Poor form. The top imam, rabbi, and bishop* from the region should've been there doing the invocations.

*There a joke in there somewhere.
    Last edited by The Sicatoka; 05-14-2018, 09:40 AM.
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
      Personally, I'd rather not Congress preen like that but instead be forthright in their actions and dealings.
      LOL. How'd you feel about Garland? How'd you feel about The Sanctity of Marriage? Terry Shiavo? The Patriot Act? The Clinton Impeachment? The Flag Burning Amendment? Opening each session with a prayer?

My guess is when the posturing is scratching your itch, you like it fine. Just like the rest of us. That's why they do it.
      Last edited by Kepler; 05-14-2018, 09:40 AM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
        My guess is when the posturing is scratching your itch, you like it fine. Just like the rest of us. That's why they do it.
        I was upset because they weren't doing the business of governing but were instead (your word) preening for the cameras.
        The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
          I thought this was actually a parody of Dump's response once he realizes what a mistake the embassy is. I literally never gave it a thought that it was a serious response until just now.

Please tell me you were making a (very good, to be fair) joke.
          It was, about what a disaster Congress was/is. These are the same people who are ‘brave’ enough to add billions of dollars of debt onto the deficit each year. As big of a disaster as Trump is I’d contend Congress is actually doing more long term damage.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Not sure what he means. Dershowitz, DiGenova, and Toensing have been carrying so much water for him lately he couldn't ask for any more. And he doesn't even have to pay them.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I was upset because they weren't doing the business of governing but were instead (your word) preening for the cameras.
              OK, I'm going to give you a lesson in Actual Civics, so you may want to sit down.

Preening is all Members do. All the work of Congress is done by their staffers and by Committee Staff. The Members are literally ornamental figureheads to draw bribes, er, contributions, and votes. They do no legislative work. They work the phones and the rubber chicken circuit.

You have literally never heard the name of anyone who has done actual legislation, and you never will. No person who has ever done actual legislative work has ever appeared in front of a camera or been quoted -- or even referenced -- in a newspaper.

Government is a sport where the media only covers the Owners and the Sales Department. The players on the field do their thing in complete anonymity. Nobody you have ever heard of has ever contributed anything to legislation. Not even once. Not even by mistake.
              Last edited by Kepler; 05-14-2018, 09:54 AM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                This is The Hope. But I can't imagine a case that would make the Republican Members and voters ashamed enough to jack Dumpy and throw him in the clink where he belongs. If the evidence is procedural the GOP will say "so what?" If the evidence is criminal the GOP and their sheep will just not believe it. Think about what they do with science: they just invent their own facts. They are cut off from reality. There is no empirical check on them.
                I'm not sure it's going to come down like that.

I agree with Sic regarding Avenatti. Right now he's a tease, and the media will go along with it for a long, long time. But then they won't, and they'll turn on him quick. He either has it or he doesn't, and right now my money is on the latter.

Honestly, I don't think Mueller is going to take down Trump for the Russian collusion wet dream of the HRC supporters. When we look back on this 20 years from now we'll see that the Russian collusion angle was just the entree to examine a lifetime of shady business deals. Trump's going to go down for all of the money laundering loans, the bribes, the payoffs, etc..., that took place in the 30 years prior to him even running for President, not something Jared negotiated in the summer of 2016.

That isn't going to require an impeachment. Trump will fight it, either until he cuts a deal with Pence to resign and be pardoned, or until the term runs out and he loses the protection of the power of the Presidency. At that point he just becomes another Bernie Madoff.
                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                    I agree with Sic regarding Avenatti. Right now he's a tease, and the media will go along with it for a long, long time. But then they won't, and they'll turn on him quick. He either has it or he doesn't, and right now my money is on the latter.
                    I think Avenatti is smarter than that. I would be highly disappointed if things turn out they way you think.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                      Kerry, Citizen Kerry, met with the Iranians. I called for an investigation (prosecution is your word) to find out what was said and if there may have been violations of the Logan Act.
                      Based on those reports, Mr. Trump and Mr. Sessions would be well within Executive Branch authority to prosecute Mr. Kerry on a Logan Act violation. Citizen Kerry should not be doing that.
                      No, prosecute was your word your **** eating hypocrite.
                      Last edited by GrinCDXX; 05-14-2018, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Honestly, I don't think Mueller is going to take down Trump for the Russian collusion wet dream of the HRC supporters. When we look back on this 20 years from now we'll see that the Russian collusion angle was just the entree to examine a lifetime of shady business deals. Trump's going to go down for all of the money laundering loans, the bribes, the payoffs, etc..., that took place in the 30 years prior to him even running for President, not something Jared negotiated in the summer of 2016.

That isn't going to require an impeachment. Trump will fight it, either until he cuts a deal with Pence to resign and be pardoned, or until the term runs out and he loses the protection of the power of the Presidency. At that point he just becomes another Bernie Madoff.
                        Although the collusion is real, I agree with all of the rest of this. He'll definitely never serve a day in jail, though. If for no other reason than by being near the center of the spider web of white collar crime for the last 50 years he probably has more dirt on important people than J. Edgar did. He can be neutered, but he can't actually be brought to justice. He's a fragmentation grenade.

But if I were his associates I'd be worried. Dumpy won't lift a finger to help any of them, and they are all implicated in all of his crimes, if for no other reason than he's too dumb to have ever thought of any of them -- like Cohen, they must have done them for him. Dumpy may wind up like Reagan -- his ineptitude may save him because he's obviously just too mentally limited to have actually planned or understood any of the details of the criminal activity carried out in his name. He may skate because he's a moron.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Trump's going to go down for all of the money laundering loans, the bribes, the payoffs, etc..., that took place in the 30 years prior to him even running for President, not something Jared negotiated in the summer of 2016.

Yo SJH, two questions on your posit:

1. 30 years old stuff? Um, statute of limitations? Or will folks be in an uproar and demand resignation/won't re-elect?
                          2. You're saying people didn't hear the Roseanne/Kimmel dialog?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Hillary wouldn't have cut that program. She likely would have expanded it.

Comment

Originally posted by GrinCDXX View Post
                                No, prosecute was your word your **** eating hypocrite.
                                What I said was:

Based on those reports, Mr. Trump and Mr. Sessions would be well within Executive Branch authority to prosecute Mr. Kerry on a Logan Act violation. Citizen Kerry should not be doing that.
                                Followed by:
                                Or was he negotiating? Seems worth an investigation.
                                So, yes, I used 'that word' to describe what is within the Executive's authority. I called for an investigation.

That on the record, let's get you on the record: Should Citizen Kerry be talking with the Iranians in light of the Logan Act?

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Working...
                                X