Page 18 of 51 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Honestly, I don't think Mueller is going to take down Trump for the Russian collusion wet dream of the HRC supporters. When we look back on this 20 years from now we'll see that the Russian collusion angle was just the entree to examine a lifetime of shady business deals. Trump's going to go down for all of the money laundering loans, the bribes, the payoffs, etc..., that took place in the 30 years prior to him even running for President, not something Jared negotiated in the summer of 2016.

That isn't going to require an impeachment. Trump will fight it, either until he cuts a deal with Pence to resign and be pardoned, or until the term runs out and he loses the protection of the power of the Presidency. At that point he just becomes another Bernie Madoff.
    Although the collusion is real, I agree with all of the rest of this. He'll definitely never serve a day in jail, though. If for no other reason than by being near the center of the spider web of white collar crime for the last 50 years he probably has more dirt on important people than J. Edgar did. He can be neutered, but he can't actually be brought to justice. He's a fragmentation grenade.

But if I were his associates I'd be worried. Dumpy won't lift a finger to help any of them, and they are all implicated in all of his crimes, if for no other reason than he's too dumb to have ever thought of any of them -- like Cohen, they must have done them for him. Dumpy may wind up like Reagan -- his ineptitude may save him because he's obviously just too mentally limited to have actually planned or understood any of the details of the criminal activity carried out in his name. He may skate because he's a moron.
    It's a book of our true stories
    True stories that can't be denied
    It's more than true it actually happened
    We're coming rougher every time

Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Kichizapi Chetan

Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Quote Originally Posted by SJHovey View Post
    Trump's going to go down for all of the money laundering loans, the bribes, the payoffs, etc..., that took place in the 30 years prior to him even running for President, not something Jared negotiated in the summer of 2016.

That isn't going to require an impeachment. Trump will fight it, either until he cuts a deal with Pence to resign and be pardoned, or until the term runs out and he loses the protection of the power of the Presidency. At that point he just becomes another Bernie Madoff.
    Yo SJH, two questions on your posit:

1. 30 years old stuff? Um, statute of limitations? Or will folks be in an uproar and demand resignation/won't re-elect?
    2. You're saying people didn't hear the Roseanne/Kimmel dialog?
    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved.

North Dakota Hockey:

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post

Hillary wouldn't have cut that program. She likely would have expanded it.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: Another First Round Exit.

Kichizapi Chetan

Quote Originally Posted by GrinCDXX View Post
    No, prosecute was your word your **** eating hypocrite.
    What I said was:

Quote Originally Posted by The Sicatoka View Post
    Based on those reports, Mr. Trump and Mr. Sessions would be well within Executive Branch authority to prosecute Mr. Kerry on a Logan Act violation. Citizen Kerry should not be doing that.
    Followed by:
    Or was he negotiating? Seems worth an investigation.
    So, yes, I used 'that word' to describe what is within the Executive's authority. I called for an investigation.

That on the record, let's get you on the record: Should Citizen Kerry be talking with the Iranians in light of the Logan Act?

North Dakota Hockey:

No, prosecute was your word your **** eating hypocrite.
    I forget, was it ok when citizen Jared was backchanneling with multiple nations before inauguration?

There are ways to extend that Statute of Limitations IIRC...

And they will never get Trump on collusion, but we need to know what happened no matter what. Trump is President until 2020...unless nature gets angry with him.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Makes sense. Goes well with the bloat and heartburn he’s feeling every night after eating nothing that occurs in nature all day every day.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Hillary wouldn't have cut that program. She likely would have expanded it.
    Yeah but she MIGHT have mishandled classified intell...
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Kichizapi Chetan

Quote Originally Posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I forget, was it ok when citizen Jared was backchanneling with multiple nations before inauguration?
    Public matter? Nope. See: Mueller.

Private business? As long as it's legal.

North Dakota Hockey:

What I said was:

Followed by:

So, yes, I used 'that word' to describe what is within the Executive's authority. I called for an investigation.

That on the record, let's get you on the record: Should Citizen Kerry be talking with the Iranians in light of the Logan Act?
    I'm reminded of a certain poster who likes to rail against "weasel words".

Well gee Sic, it kinda depends on the nature of the conversation, doesn't it?

Yeah but she MIGHT have mishandled classified intell...
    Oh, she did. No question about it. Lock her up.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Public matter? Nope. See: Mueller.

Private business? As long as it's legal.
    He was part of the Trump Team...so it wasnt for private business. When Ivanka was doing it she was doing it as both which is also not how it is supposed to work. In fact both of them were supposedly cutting deals on behalf of the Trump Administration for HER businesses (she was able to expand quite a bit to countries she gave access to her father) and I believe there were rumors of them selling off visas in some of these countries.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Kichizapi Chetan

I'm reminded of a certain poster who likes to rail against "weasel words".

Well gee Sic, it kinda depends on the nature of the conversation, doesn't it?
    One's a statement of fact: it is within the Executive's authority. (Would they be successful? Whole other matter.)

The other is my opinion: investigate it.

North Dakota Hockey:

Kichizapi Chetan

He was part of the Trump Team...so it wasnt for private business. When Ivanka was doing it she was doing it as both which is also not how it is supposed to work. In fact both of them were supposedly cutting deals on behalf of the Trump Administration for HER businesses (she was able to expand quite a bit to countries she gave access to her father) and I believe there were rumors of them selling off visas in some of these countries.
    And that's why Mr. Mueller is doing the job he's doing.

North Dakota Hockey:

And that's why Mr. Mueller is doing the job he's doing.
    No. Mr. Mueller has a job only because Jeff Sessions is an idiot.

Kichizapi Chetan

Mr. Mueller has a job ... ... Jeff Sessions is an idiot.
    Those two are mutually exclusive, as noted above.

North Dakota Hockey:

Yo SJH, two questions on your posit:

1. 30 years old stuff? Um, statute of limitations? Or will folks be in an uproar and demand resignation/won't re-elect?
    2. You're saying people didn't hear the Roseanne/Kimmel dialog?
    They aren't going to have to go back to something 30 years ago. It's likely been going on for at least 30 years, but they'll have plenty to choose from within any applicable statute of limitations.
    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Those two are mutually exclusive, as noted above.
    No, no they're not.

Kichizapi Chetan

No, no they're not.
    Sessions was born that way. Mutually exclusive.

North Dakota Hockey:

Thread Information