Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    But that's the point, he really doesn't have that ability even though he's the freaking President.

Let's say Slap is right and Trump has asked the FBI to arrest journalists who are writing mean things about him. I haven't seen anybody arrested, and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen.
    If he could do you believe he would? Even if not his rhetoric emboldens stupidity and fuels unjustifiable fear of government - which is not the same thing as suggesting we should never question our leaders.

I need to drop for now but there's more here than just words and it would be foolish to look the other way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
      If he could do you believe he would? Even if not his rhetoric emboldens stupidity and fuels unjustifiable fear of government - which is not the same thing as suggesting we should never question our leaders.

I need to drop for now but there's more here than just words and it would be foolish to look the other way.
      I think the last president to lock up journalists was Woodrow Wilson. However, there are other, sneakier, ways to make the press miserable such as an IRS audit or delaying a passport.

However if tD does arrest the press, he would need to go and go quickly.
      CCT '77 & '78
      4 kids
      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Headline from WaPo:

Only a quarter of white evangelical Protestants think the U.S. has a responsibility to accept refugees.

The best people.

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          But that's the point, he really doesn't have that ability even though he's the freaking President.

Let's say Slap is right and Trump has asked the FBI to arrest journalists who are writing mean things about him. I haven't seen anybody arrested, and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it to happen. Everyone knows its the rantings of an imbecile. Now, if the FBI did arrest journalists who questioned Trump, and if Trump apppointees started prosecuting them, and if judges that Trump installed started ignoring the law and incarcerating these journalists, yeah, then I'd be worried. But that scenario is just a fantasy scenario that people are throwing out there every time he makes an outlandish statement.
          So it's ok that his administration has barred the media from meetings that are supposed to be open to the general public, just as long as he hasn't arrested them?
          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Headline from WaPo:

Only a quarter of white evangelical Protestants think the U.S. has a responsibility to accept refugees.

The best people.
            All refugees or some refugees?
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
              All refugees or some refugees?
              Why is that a question? That’s not very Christian of you.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Headline from WaPo:

The best people.
                jfc
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  Why is that a question? That’s not very Christian of you.
                  If the entire horn of Africa wants entry into the USA, that's a bit much. If you're talking a few thousand, that's doable.
                  CCT '77 & '78
                  4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Top comment candidate for the picture of Mitch
                      The look on his face in that picture confirms it: He's seen the Pee Tape!
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        Top comment candidate for the picture of Mitch
                        That's funny, but he always looks like that.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                            That's funny, but he always looks like that.
                            He looks like he has the sudden urge to listen to the remix to Ignition...
                            Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                            Originally posted by Quizmire
                            mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                            MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                            MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                            I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                              The point of the article was that Trump's attacks on the FBI, Mueller, the DOJ, etc..., were damaging or destroying the "rule of law" in this country. I called, and call, BS. He is literally following the playbook of every single person, president or non-president who has found himself under investigation or scrutiny by those same authorities.
                              Not true. Every other person who has found themselves under investigation says they're innocent or at worst, that there's political motivation. Not Trump, etc. He attempts to debase the functioning of the govt by painting 'activist' judges as endemic, and criticizing the broader functioning of the government or deep state (discrediting any outcomes based on skills but counter to Trump's ideology) and now the FBI (who have the ability to evaluate crimes).

Trump in particular and Republicans in general are attempting to permanently discredit the balance of power structures that exist in the US government - because they don't want to abide by them. Just because they won't succeed, doesn't mean that it will be damaging and faar more difficult for the govt. to put the country above the GOP. So I call your statement BS.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Trump's anthem outrage is yet another example of his hypocrisy and willingness to say anything to reassure the racists among his supporters. Philadelphia Inquirer football writer Paul Domowitch Tweeted:
                                "Donald Trump says you have to stand proudly for the National Anthem or 'maybe you shouldn't be in this country.'' I was there 34 years ago when he spent the entire anthem berating Philadelphia Stars president Carl Peterson about playing a USFL playoff game at Franklin Field."
                                Everything Trump says or does can be explained by:
                                -What’s in it for Trump?
                                -The ends always justify the means. (double meaning for “means”)
                                -When attacked always hit back harder. (usually with alternative facts)
                                The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X