Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
    No, but you're about 40% of them and it's why this country ain't worth a tinker's d am n anymore. I hope you're happy. Actually I don't. You're complicit in the dire straits we're in today. But you -- like the rest of your 40% -- are far too stubborn to admit you were wrong about so many things concerning our politics. I'm not holding my breath anymore that ANY of you, and certainly not a critical mass of you, will ever see the light. You'd rather not admit to the rest of us to being wrong, even though in your heart, you know you are.
    After Nixon, it seemed like the GOP changed. When I was young, I remember other kids trying to defend him which as a child was bizarre. Fast forward to W. After Iraq (which I was one of the 20% against) and the financial crisis...I figured that conservatives would be humbled and the GOP would learn and reform in a positive way. Boy, did that not happen.

It appears that every time in recent memory we've had a terrible GOP president...conservatives have moved to the right, became a bit less honest and less cooperative. Not at all like Germany/Japan after WWII. Not a healthy trait for this country.
    Go Gophers!

Comment

• Re: POTUS 45.33: ""We're rounding them up in a very humane way, in a very nice way."

Originally posted by 5mn_Major
      It appears that every time in recent memory we've had a terrible GOP president...conservatives have moved to the right, became a bit less honest and more cooperative. Not a healthy trait for this country.
      The only way to stop this is for the other 66% of the electorate to punish them. The GOP was incredibly out of step with the electorate in the 30s, too. That's how Democrats got to almost 80% of the House.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
        LOL we should be prosecuting John Kerry, and this get's "Unacceptable," followed by a half excuse and quickly move along. Is your back tired yet?
        For Hillary it was immediate jail and the chair, but Donny gets a mulligan.

He's just asking questions!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Larry Tribe is an AC/DC fan. Who knew?

No, wait, AC/DC is "shoot to thrill, play to kill".
          Larry is saying "shoot to kill".*
          Nevermind.

*I'm assuming Larry means figuratively.
          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
            The only way to stop this is for the other 66% of the electorate to punish them. The GOP was incredibly out of step with the electorate in the 30s, too. That's how Democrats got to almost 80% of the House.
            A time when lying was not acceptable.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
              LOL we should be prosecuting John Kerry, and this get's "Unacceptable," followed by a half excuse and quickly move along. Is your back tired yet?
              He's POTUS, thus follow the process for POTUS.
              If this is a "high crime or misdemeanor" write up the articles and prosecute.
              And, I'd argue it is, as it is national security.
              And I'd have to vote for the article.

Will anyone in the House be that smart (to write up the articles)?
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/21/o...veillance.html

I think it's time to admit that in addition to all the reasons for Trump being in the White House, Russia is one of them. And they colluded. There can be no doubt for anyone who has even a modicum of critical thinking skills.
                One of the links from that article.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mpaign-n830596

Read that, Sic, Drew, and continue to say there was no collusion. Just a big nothingburger.

Despite a briefing from the intelligence agencies that the Russians would try to infiltrate the campaign, and the message to inform the FBI if any Russian-related contacts should be made, the Trump campaign, despite already having had six staffers in contact with Russians, did not inform the FBI, and instead continued to have and seek out further contacts with Russians and Russian related groups and individuals.
                What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

They’ll read and it conclude Hillary should be locked up

Comment

Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                    Larry Tribe is an AC/DC fan. Who knew?

No, wait, AC/DC is "shoot to thrill, play to kill".
                    Larry is saying "shoot to kill".*
                    Nevermind.

*I'm assuming Larry means figuratively.

Another reason why The Wire was the best show on television.

https://youtu.be/WP-lrftLQaQ?t=106
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      It also took a Great Depression to destroy the Republican party for twenty years.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                        It also took a Great Depression to destroy the Republican party for twenty years.
                        Yep. And we're too stupid not to let them take it that far this time.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                          One of the links from that article.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...mpaign-n830596

Read that, Sic, Drew, and continue to say there was no collusion. Just a big nothingburger.
                          The problem with the trump supporters/water carriers is facts don't matter. They either 1.) don't believe them, or 2.) say the other side is overreacting, or 3.) are too proud to admit to being so wrong, which leads them to double down and continue to support candidates they have no business supporting. #3 is so pervasive and so insidious that even in the privacy of the voting booth they can't admit to themselves they were wrong, so they continue to pull the lever for the ones with the "r" next to their name.

In Nixon's time as president, he ran on a record of some accomplishment. It was easy to see why people might vote for him. Had I been old enough in 1972 it's likely I would have voted for him. But after all the reporting and evidence began to show him as corrupt and probably guilty of criminal offenses many who voted for him jettisoned their support. They admitted they were wrong. At the very least they said Nixon was a crook who should resign and did not own up to voting for him.

trump could go up to a guy who voted for him, pull his pants down and pee on his wife and the guy who voted for him would exclaim from the highest mountain -- and without a shred of evidence -- that trump is making America great again and come November of 2020 will be first in line to vote for him. This is the reason I am so pessimistic about the future.

20 years ago I was leaned heavily in favor of 2nd amendment rights. I believed that the restrictions on law abiding citizens should be very few and very far between when it came to firearm possession. Happily, I understand circumstances and history means I have to change my thinking and laws and beliefs MUST reflect the modern and current reality. Sadly, 95% of republican voters appear to be completely unable to muster up a line of thinking like that. This is a modern phenomena, an evolution in the way too many people act. It is why our congress no longer accomplishes anything and why we face an imperial presidency. We better wake up to it. Those of us who do know how to think and react critically better find a way to band together because if we don't, were as fvcked as fvcked can be. And not in the good way.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                            What became of the allegation that GOP SOS Colin Powell also used a private email server while in office? Was that debunked, or did HRC just stay away from trying to use it as an excuse? (Wisely so, if so).
                            he did use a private email account (AOL)

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...l-email-227889

also tons of people in the Bush administration had email accounts on a server owned/operated by the RNC and not the federal government.

Comment

Originally posted by BassAle View Post
                              also tons of people in the Bush administration had email accounts on a server owned/operated by the RNC and not the federal government.
                              That was a deliberate strategy by the Bushies to evade the requirement that all USG info systems are archived and accessible under FOIA. They thought plotting out their oil profiteering war years in advance and then claiming it had to do with security and terrorism wouldn't go over well with the parents of the dead soldiers. Go figure.

They were right, and those parents still vote Republican lock step. God bless America.
                              Cornell University
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Drop the mic.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X