Page 8 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar

Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Quote Originally Posted by Handyman View Post
    Its not arrogance, its strategy. He would AT BEST finish third in the balloting at the convention meaning he would likely drop out before the primary.
    No, it's arrogance. He knows he can't win the traditional way, so he's trying to do an end-zone runaround. Fck him.
    Michigan Tech: "Working with scraps and guys from places so remote that Houghton seems like a metropolis"

(((NPC)))

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    No, it's arrogance. He knows he can't win the traditional way, so he's trying to do an end-zone runaround. Fck him.
    If he was arrogant he would go to the convention. The chances of winning the primary without the GOP nomination are ridiculously low.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

If he was arrogant he would go to the convention. The chances of winning the primary without the GOP nomination are ridiculously low.
    It's strategy. Only pick the battle you have a shot at winning, no matter how slim.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

If I understand correctly, Paw can't win the nomination once he doesn't go to the convention. So the primary will be a gesture to attempt to win over credibility, but in any case he's running independent.
    Go Gophers!

Lucia Apologist

Yes I think dx is confused. He is still trying to win the Primary he is just skipping the convention since he has no chance to get the endorsement. He is challenging at the Primary.

He is going to get killed in the Primary.
    Yeah. I misread what was happening.

TDS Index Case FadeToBlack&Gold's Avatar
    It's arrogance because he thinks he can skip the standard path, and the voters will still pick him, even though deep down, he knows it's hopeless.

Running just to run = arrogance. Period.

there's a good buck in that racket.
    Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    It's arrogance because he thinks he can skip the standard path, and the voters will still pick him, even though deep down, he knows it's hopeless.

Running just to run = arrogance. Period.
    It's his job. Geez

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    If I understand correctly, Paw can't win the nomination once he doesn't go to the convention. So the primary will be a gesture to attempt to win over credibility, but in any case he's running independent.
    Former MN Gov. Arnie Carlson. He did not get the convention win, stayed in the race, moved to Independent after the primary, and won because his opponent was disgraced - diddling his teenage daughter's friends, IIRC.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Yep, still here

On a similar note, Don Blankenship is going to continue to run for Senate on the Constitution Party ballot. Manchin has to like that.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

(((NPC)))

Quote Originally Posted by 5mn_Major View Post
    You do not understand correctly. He cant get the endorsement but he can still run in the Primary and win the nomination.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

(((NPC)))

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Former MN Gov. Arnie Carlson. He did not get the convention win, stayed in the race, moved to Independent after the primary, and won because his opponent was disgraced - diddling his teenage daughter's friends, IIRC.
    If that was Grunseth, he didnt diddle them exactly there were accusations there was naked, drunken pool parties at his house for his daughter and her friends. Two accused him of being naked in the pool with his daughter (also naked) and tried to get them to take their suits of but they fought him off. (back in 1981) The story never made much sense but it destroyed his chances obviously.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    On a similar note, Don Blankenship is going to continue to run for Senate on the Constitution Party ballot. Manchin has to like that.
    That is good news. I hope every TPer who loses the GOP nom does this from now on.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

(((NPC)))

Jason Lewis Still Sucks

This guy always has been and always will be a chickenbleep little weasel. His radio show blew goats, his personality is awful and his politics are atrocious.
    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Jason Lewis Still Sucks

This guy always has been and always will be a chickenbleep little weasel. His radio show blew goats, his personality is awful and his politics are atrocious.
    And yet the people in his district voted for him. The Democrats put up a great candidate to oppose him too.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    And yet the people in his district voted for him. The Democrats put up a great candidate to oppose him too.
    Angie Craig is his opponent again this year. I think she'll win. Narrowly, but she'll win.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Angie Craig is his opponent again this year. I think she'll win. Narrowly, but she'll win.
    I'd like to think so but I find that the Republican block of voters is less transient in all cases so I will not be convinced until it happens.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Angie Craig is not a great candidate. Another example of the DCCC ***** up.

Sounds like the amalgamation of two lists.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by joecct View Post
    Sounds like the amalgamation of two lists.
    Why?

Why?
    Angie's List
    Craig's List

Thread Information