Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Oh lord I see the locals are starting the "This is the election we go Red" crap earlier than usual. If Trump wastes time here it will be tantamount to Clinton wasting time in Arizona. Last election he had the best possible chance because we were a Bernie State who disliked Clinton and he still lost. Yes it was close but it wont be that close again unless the Dems put up someone as unlikeable. Trump needs to hold the states he flipped last election of Minnesota and Colorado wont matter.
    Pretty much this. I'd be more worried about the governor race if Walz wins the primary.

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I'm pretty sure it's just a way to get the Dems to expend resources on defense. But then again I convinced myself that's what Clinton doing by "expanding the map" late in the 2016 cycle.

In retrospect, I honestly don't know what she was doing. Was the idea to run up the score to create a larger "mandate"? Even if that worked, how could that have helped her? The GOP had already separated itself from those considerations and committed to complete obstruction during Obama. She could have swept the entire EC and still no Republican would have governed for the good of the country.
      I think this was the greatest mistake of many. I will never understand why she bothered with Georgia and Arizona and there must have been some real idiots telling her to do so.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        I think this was the greatest mistake of many. I will never understand why she bothered with Georgia and Arizona and there must have been some real idiots telling her to do so.
        No, I get all that; my question is: what did she think she was doing? I could see it as a fake out, but I can't see any sense at all in actually doing what she appears to have actually done.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

No, I get all that; my question is: what did she think she was doing? I could see it as a fake out, but I can't see any sense at all in actually doing what she appears to have actually done.
          She probably bought into the same hype the media, pundits and most that he didn't have a chance, so if that's true, push the envelope to get enough seats before your party sleeps through the midterms again like they did for Obama.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
            Pretty much this. I'd be more worried about the governor race if Walz wins the primary.
            Why? Walz plays very well in the Cities and in he other Dem strongholds and none of the current crop of GOPers will be able to topple him. He isnt my pick by a longshot but he would have to tank in MSP for the GOP to have a chance. The only marquee name the GOP has is PAw and MSP hasnt forgotten how bad his policies destroyed them for 8 years.

In Minnesota the key to the Governorship is The Twin Cities, Rochester and Duluth. Walz will have little issue with any of those areas.
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Oh, I know what they thought they were doing. She thought she was going to get the "Jeb Bush" vote. Literally. They also thought they were making Trump defend Georgia and Arizona. Like that ****ing campaign had two seconds to even think about defending anything.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I think she wanted to make the statement of statements. Her staff convinced her that no Blue States would flip and so she went for everything. She didnt just want to win, she wanted a Reagan-like victory. It wasnt enough for her ego to be the first woman President, she needed to better all recent Dems to show how strong she truly was. This was her birthright in her mind, this is what she had been working towards since Little Rock. She stood by her man (despite him being a lying, arrogant misogynistic weasel) because he was one of the most popular Presidents in the modern age so she could be here. She carpetbagged a Senate Seat to be here. She took the SecState job in the Obama Administration (after he humiliated her) to be President. This was the culmination of 30 years of putting up with everything and taking no prisoners. If she didnt outperform her husband or Obama she would be seen as weak or less than, that she rode the tails of giants. She needed more than that to feed her ego. Plus she wanted to raise a double middle finger to the aspects of the Press. (Right and Left)

The problem is she surrounded herself with sycophants. Everyone believed the polls and tat destiny was here and she couldnt lose so they "Yes Ma'amed" her not paying attention to the trends. They ignored their strongholds and spread themselves so thin by the time the truth broke through it was too late. She was throwing 40 yard bombs trying to run up the score when she should have been just getting first downs and running out the clock. All because she wanted to be the best.

tl;dr: EGO!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  Why? Walz plays very well in the Cities and in he other Dem strongholds and none of the current crop of GOPers will be able to topple him. He isnt my pick by a longshot but he would have to tank in MSP for the GOP to have a chance. The only marquee name the GOP has is PAw and MSP hasnt forgotten how bad his policies destroyed them for 8 years.

In Minnesota the key to the Governorship is The Twin Cities, Rochester and Duluth. Walz will have little issue with any of those areas.
                  I think he's the favorite but my concern would be his economic plans (how committed he actually is to some of this stuff like inner city school funding, or even an economic plan for the more rural strongholds you mention in Duluth/Rochester), being non committal on stuff like medicare for all, no stance on marijuana, and his receiving of NRA funding not playing as well with younger voters. Obviously he's better than Pawlenty on the majority of issues but I don't see a ton of people being energized by what he's peddling.

Comment

Side bar:

Has anyone answered the original question in this thread, namely: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Easy. Better basketball.
                    The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

The scary thing with pawl entry is that he’s been gone long enough for people to forget what he did but not long enough to forget his name. I don’t think you’re right handy, that people still remember his policies.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Not if the Wolves get Lebron

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                          The scary thing with pawl entry is that he’s been gone long enough for people to forget what he did but not long enough to forget his name. I don’t think you’re right handy, that people still remember his policies.
                          Ask around...he is not well liked or thought of. The only thing he ever had to hang his hat on was getting the Wild and that wont play now. It took years for Dayton to clean up his mess which is why Dayton's popularity amongst voters (and the business community) is dang good. T-Paw is seen as a Dubya flunky which is exactly what he was.

He might win the nomination, but barring Walz skipping every townhall and debate no way TPaw wins Minneapolis or St. Paul.
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            She probably bought into the same hype the media, pundits and most that he didn't have a chance, so if that's true, push the envelope to get enough seats before your party sleeps through the midterms again like they did for Obama.
                            I would also say everyone underestimated the depravity and hatred amongst Republican voters. The thought process would be that those so called "traditional Republicans" (generally speaking the educated ones and women) would be so disgusted with Chump's behavior that they finally start voting Dem, much like Obama managed to flip places like North Carolina and Indiana in 2008. Instead the same 62M people came out to vote for Trump as well as a handful of people thinking they were "sending a message" by voting for a candidate they thought would lose including some disillusioned Bernie supporters.

Its no different than the notion that in a general election Sanders could have walked away with half the GOP base by appealing to them with his economic message. Not a bad theory but with what we know now of the blatant and open racism of Republican voters unless he planned on blaming immigrants and Muslims for all of their problems that obviously never would have happened. It even surprises me how bad Republicans are and I had a pretty low opinion of them for like the last 30 years.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              I would also say everyone underestimated the depravity and hatred amongst Republican voters. The thought process would be that those so called "traditional Republicans" (generally speaking the educated ones and women) would be so disgusted with Chump's behavior that they finally start voting Dem, much like Obama managed to flip places like North Carolina and Indiana in 2008. Instead the same 62M people came out to vote for Trump as well as a handful of people thinking they were "sending a message" by voting for a candidate they thought would lose including some disillusioned Bernie supporters.

Its no different than the notion that in a general election Sanders could have walked away with half the GOP base by appealing to them with his economic message. Not a bad theory but with what we know now of the blatant and open racism of Republican voters unless he planned on blaming immigrants and Muslims for all of their problems that obviously never would have happened. It even surprises me how bad Republicans are and I had a pretty low opinion of them for like the last 30 years.
                              They got what they voted for.

1. He spoke at the NRA. No new significant gun laws were passed.
                              2. He put Gorsuch on the Supreme Court. Gorsuch will not rule in favor of any LBGTQ rights.
                              3. He's putting God first. Jerusalem is now where the embassy is.

And, c'mon, Tax Cuts. We all wanted them, right? And the way he's destroying the EPA? It's like mana from heaven.

Comment

Its still an open question of who's driving the vote increase of Dem candidates. Consider:

1) Uber-liberals re-engaging. The theory behind the gains in Virginia for example.
                                2) Old timey working class conservadems who flirted with Trump but how have started to come home. The PA special election comes to mind.
                                3) Republican voters turning against the Trump/the GOP/the nominee. Obvious case is the Roy Moore race where there weren't enough Dems to put Jones over the top.

Curious how this continues to play out. Dems can probably squeak by in the House if only #1 happens as there's enough GOP reps sitting in Hillary won districts to put them over the top (barely) plus they have a lot of opportunities in CA, IL, NY, NJ, and PA where the Republican party is reeling. If conservadems start coming home as well maybe they make gains in OH, MI and WI and that rural Maine seat. Only way they win the Senate however is if Republicans with a functioning brain start ditching their party. I'll believe that last one when I see it.
                                Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Working...
                                X