Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    The Democrats just need to run ads with the Trump quotes from today's Helsinki summit presser. That's it.

It will do no good with the morans [sic], but Trump's already lost the 1 million or so who were legit on the fence. If we apply that to the states that flipped, plus the idjuts who didn't vote out of 'principle' but will now, it's all that matters.
    I said a couple months ago, that the Ds don't need the Trumpers. They need the anti-Hills. If they get the anti-Hills, they have the election in a landslide. There is a small, but significant difference between the Trumpers and Anti-Hills.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      I said a couple months ago, that the Ds don't need the Trumpers. They need the anti-Hills. If they get the anti-Hills, they have the election in a landslide. There is a small, but significant difference between the Trumpers and Anti-Hills.
      Oh, I agree - stop running the Clintonista candidates. That's a given.

Originally posted by burd View Post
      This sounds like what people said in runup to the election every time he said another stupid thing at a campaign stop or a debate.

You would think the things he's saying in Helsinki would be the last straw for folks, but never doubt the power of bias.
      Again, we don't need the Trumpsters. They are gone. In fact, they would sooner give up their jobs, than admit Trump is a fraud and a doofus.

These people are LOST. I no longer care about their political opinions. Unlike some liberals who are ready to cast them into the volcano to teach them a lesson, I do care about their well-being. They need to be informed of their options, and steered towards those options. Not ALL of them are going to be accepting - those are the folks that I will write-off - otherwise, if you want to reinvent yourself for the 21st century, then join us.
      Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 07-16-2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

I don't believe many traditional democrats were anti-Clinton. A sizeable number were cool to her and unafraid to criticize her, but they did not hesitate to vote for her over Trump. A more important number was cool to her and thought she had it in the bag anyway and stayed home.

I agree there is a small difference between Trump supporters and what I think you mean by "anti-hils," but I'd be interested to here how you would describe that difference as significant.

Anti-Clinton folks were those who bought the GOP Clinton smear campaign that has gone on for over 25 years.
        They bought the EMAILZ and BENGHAZI bullshyt, partly because the ground had been softened long before by the likes of Scaife, Murdoch, Limbaugh, Rove, et al.

Both sides need to convince a smallish group of voters in the middle, and Democrats particularly need to motivate their traditional base to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

She is a "rode hard and put away wet" 29 year old. Woof.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
            She is a "rode hard and put away wet" 29 year old. Woof.
            She's still a 6.5 in the US. Eastern Europe knows how to raise 'em.

Comment

I don't believe many traditional democrats were anti-Clinton. A sizeable number were cool to her and unafraid to criticize her, but they did not hesitate to vote for her over Trump. A more important number was cool to her and thought she had it in the bag anyway and stayed home.

I agree there is a small difference between Trump supporters and what I think you mean by "anti-hils," but I'd be interested to here how you would describe that difference as significant.

Anti-Clinton folks were those who bought the GOP Clinton smear campaign that has gone on for over 25 years.
              They bought the EMAILZ and BENGHAZI bullshyt, partly because the ground had been softened long before by the likes of Scaife, Murdoch, Limbaugh, Rove, et al.

Both sides need to convince a smallish group of voters in the middle, and Democrats particularly need to motivate their traditional base to show up.
              I am anti-Trump, but also anti-Hill. Provide a candidate that is better than Trump, shouldn't be hard, although HILL (HILL!) lost to Trump, and I'll vote for them. Yes, I'll actually vote this time around.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I am anti-Trump, but also anti-Hill. Provide a candidate that is better than Trump, shouldn't be hard, although HILL (HILL!) lost to Trump, and I'll vote for them. Yes, I'll actually vote this time around.
                I cannot imagine how the substance of what there is to be "anti" about with those two could even be close. Not even close.

Unless you buy into the narrative.

Not saying that's you, Brent. But it is true for many.

Comment

I cannot imagine how the substance of what there is to be "anti" about with those two could even be close. Not even close.

Unless you buy into the narrative.

Not saying that's you, Brent. But it is true for many.
                  I honestly didn't think that Trump would win, and being in MN, Hill was the obvious winner here.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Oh, I agree - stop running the Clintonista candidates. That's a given.

Again, we don't need the Trumpsters. They are gone. In fact, they would sooner give up their jobs, than admit Trump is a fraud and a doofus.

These people are LOST. I no longer care about their political opinions. Unlike some liberals who are ready to cast them into the volcano to teach them a lesson, I do care about their well-being. They need to be informed of their options, and steered towards those options. Not ALL of them are going to be accepting - those are the folks that I will write-off - otherwise, if you want to reinvent yourself for the 21st century, then join us.
                    I honestly think you’re being too optimistic. These people are lost because they can’t be directed to think. To say “not ALL” - emphasis yours - implies that some or even most will be accepting. Sorry, but they have all the evidence they need. These are the same morons who are farmers getting killed by these tariffs and they just shrug and say “let’s give him a chance”

**** ‘em. I originally held out for months saying the same thing you did. We’re beyond that. The shocking level of fascist tendencies, ignorance of social norms, and nonsensical verbal gibberish should be enough. If it isn’t, they can’t be helped.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      I honestly think you’re being too optimistic. These people are lost because they can’t be directed to think. To say “not ALL” - emphasis yours - implies that some or even most will be accepting. Sorry, but they have all the evidence they need. These are the same morons who are farmers getting killed by these tariffs and they just shrug and say “let’s give him a chance”

**** ‘em. I originally held out for months saying the same thing you did. We’re beyond that. The shocking level of fascist tendencies, ignorance of social norms, and nonsensical verbal gibberish should be enough. If it isn’t, they can’t be helped.
                      One at a time, dx...one at a time...

Comment

I’m fine with people willing to make a change, but I don’t think they’re emblematic. For everyone willing to go through retraining, two sit on their haunches and wait for coal to come back “I did it, my daddy did it, his daddy did it, and his daddy before him. I’m not learning ****.”
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                          This sounds like what people said in runup to the election every time he said another stupid thing at a campaign stop or a debate.

You would think the things he's saying in Helsinki would be the last straw for folks, but never doubt the power of bias.
                          But the biased ones aren't who the ads are aimed at. They are for everyone else.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

The problem with this analysis is the Dems got killed in 2010 and 2014, and there was no Hillary on the ballot to my recollection. I never got a decent answer from the late, not so great Kepler on this because it didn't fit his narrative. The problem is more widespread as Scooby always brings up. Dems are lazy voters. While there are more of them (GOP has never come close to Obama's 70M votes in 2008) they don't show up as consistently. In fact the last mid-term they participated in was 2006.

Will they come out this year? All evidence says they will. Will they come up after that? TBD. One would think we'd have all learned the lessons of 2000, which was to not underestimate the total depravity, brainlessness, and treasonous behavior of the entire GOP especially when they control all levers of power, but Dems sat out 3 out of 4 elections from 2010-2016 so here we are.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Didn't work in 1984, 1988, 2000, 2004, 2010, 2014, and many more. The GOP has been the same since 1980. They've been assraping ppor people and the middle class all along.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

The Anti-Hill's come off as identical to the Trumpers. Therefore it's not worth spending one's time and money to sift through and convince them. You concentrate on boosting your own support. If the Anti-Hill's come along now great, but you can't rely on them.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X