Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Weird. My dad has a problem with Muslims and hates that Ellison was a Farrakan fan and even he has no issue with Ellison getting the nod though he wishes he would have stayed in Congress. (and would have voted for him without a thought)

I wont press you, there are people everyone else loves that I have serious issue with personally. Thankfully they do a great job representing me but it still bugs me.
    I have no doubt he will do a great job once I hold my nose and vote for him.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      I like how he's basically just trying to come up with reasons as to why the dems will lose and then clearly comes up with nothing.
      No that isnt what he is doing. Sure he is falling into the trap of "Minnesota will go red" but in this case the latest election does back up the fear. He will be proven wrong in 2020 because if Hillary could win this state any Dem with a pulse can but for now his fear is warranted. The problem is the press is doing their by yearly cornucopia of articles about it so it is fresh.

The problem is you all arent actually reading what he is saying. Cynthia Nixon is a great example. Scooby was ****ed what Castro did in her upcoming primary, endorsing Cuomo after stating it is not the job of the party to do so. (the move that basically ended any shot of Ellison running again) Those are the types of mistakes that cost Dems elections. Scooby doesnt want that kind of crap here and since he seems to hate Bernie anyways (and Ellison) it looks doubly bad to him. Makes total sense, and I can see his point.

The problem is Bernie is super popular so he wont lead to a suppression of vote. Also the key will be how well Tim Walz does running for Governor. If he wins (and he has every advantage so he definitely should) then this is all academic. Since everything I have read about the MNGOP guys is going to make it hard for them to win and TPaw is a non-starter I think by default Walz should be fine. He should win SW Minnesota and the Metro with ease over any of those guys.

Scooby did you not like Bernie before 2016 because I never remember you saying anything negative about him before. Did the last election destroy him for you because of the Bernie Bros?
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I like how he's basically just trying to come up with reasons as to why the dems will lose and then clearly comes up with nothing.

"Well it was closer than usual for Hillary!". Yeah probably because she sucked and wasn't running on any of the things Rebecca Otto or Erin Murphy are. I guess if Walz wins that would probably open the door for the other side but the DFL endorsed Murphy at the very least.
        The only thing that saves the state is Minneapolis, St. Paul, a little Duluth, and a little Rochester. Everything else is deep deep deep red. And there are pockets in every one of those cities that are deep red.

Don't ever get complacent and don't ever take anything for granted.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

I was mostly talking about the article not Scooby, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          The only thing that saves the state is Minneapolis, St. Paul, a little Duluth, and a little Rochester. Everything else is deep deep deep red. And there are pockets in every one of those cities that are deep red.

So then turn out your base in those areas and get them excited. I think Murphy and Otto should be able to do that and hopefully they get the nom. Walz probably would win too though I'd be a little more concerned if he gets it.
          Last edited by trixR4kids; 07-10-2018, 10:22 AM.

Comment

It may be deep red but they dont have the voting numbers to offset the rest of the blue. Simple math. That is why I say every election cycle, as long as the Twin Cities votes blue it is almost impossible to lose. The demographics just dont play out in any other way. (obviously in the big elections only)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I was mostly talking about the article not Scooby, sorry if that wasn't clear.
              Gotcha. Yeah those stories are the same every other year. You can predict everything they will say.
              -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It may be deep red but they dont have the voting numbers to offset the rest of the blue. Simple math. That is why I say every election cycle, as long as the Twin Cities votes blue it is almost impossible to lose. The demographics just dont play out in any other way. (obviously in the big elections only)
                Pawlenty was a state wide race. Even got reelected. It wasn't that long ago.

Comment

Pawlenty was a state wide race. Even got reelected. It wasn't that long ago.
                  Yeah but he was able to split the Metro. Lots of locals voted for him for various reasons that to this day I will never understand. (plus I dont think the DFL had anyone good to run against him but I forget) If the gets he nod now he wont win enough in the Metro to make a dent. The only positive he has is he helped bring the Wild to Minnesota and that doesnt have the same cache it did back in the day. His failures are too fresh in the mind of the voters in the Metro area.

It will always come down to Metro. Of the nearly 6 million people in the state half are in the 7 county Metro area. Of that 3 million over a third is in Hennepin County and if you add in Ramsey County it is almost 2/3. The Outstate cant compete with a voting block like that.
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah but he was able to split the Metro. Lots of locals voted for him for various reasons that to this day I will never understand. (plus I dont think the DFL had anyone good to run against him but I forget) If the gets he nod now he wont win enough in the Metro to make a dent. The only positive he has is he helped bring the Wild to Minnesota and that doesnt have the same cache it did back in the day. His failures are too fresh in the mind of the voters in the Metro area.

It will always come down to Metro. Of the nearly 6 million people in the state half are in the 7 county Metro area. Of that 3 million over a third is in Hennepin County and if you add in Ramsey County it is almost 2/3. The Outstate cant compete with a voting block like that.
                    I don't understand either.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                      I don't like Bernie Sanders. I don't want him anywhere near the Democratic Party. Again, I am consistent and I don't like or dislike people because they are progressive, or establishment. I have my reasons. I support Cynthia Nixon 100% for example.
                      And none of that means Sanders is picking the AG in Minnesota...which is what you were originally screaming about.
                      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Pawlenty first won in 2002. He ran against DFL nominee Roger Moe and independent Tim Penny. Penny was a past DFL candidate ended up with 16% of the vote - pretty much coming from Moe. Pawlenty then won with 44% of the total.
                        Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
                          And none of that means Sanders is picking the AG in Minnesota...which is what you were originally screaming about.
                          It's a very simple opinionated extrapolation which will end up being accurate. The thumb is on the scale. If you don't like opinionated extrapolation feel free not to read anything I post.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            Pawlenty first won in 2002. He ran against DFL nominee Roger Moe and independent Tim Penny. Penny was a past DFL candidate ended up with 16% of the vote - pretty much coming from Moe. Pawlenty then won with 44% of the total.
                            Yeah, I remember now. More Democrats eating their young. Typical.

Comment

There's always someone putting their finger on the scale, my issue is when they do it with the worse of two options. I don't think Ellison is that nor do I get why you do.

Comment

There's always someone putting their finger on the scale, my issue is when they do it with the worse of two options. I don't think Ellison is that nor do I get why you do.
                                I don't think Ellison is worse anything. I don't like him. I have my reasons. Worse is anything from the other party.

Comment

Working...
                                X