Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Sure, but that's not the plan on the ballot.
    Well yeah, it was a Republican proposal so of course it wasn't drawn up that way. But theoretically if done differently that could be beneficial to the other side and CA has a dem super majority so they hold the cards.

Comment

Originally posted by trixR4kids View Post
      Well yeah, it was a Republican proposal so of course it wasn't drawn up that way. But theoretically if done differently that could be beneficial to the other side and CA has a dem super majority so they hold the cards.
      They lost the Supermajority when a state senator got recalled a week or two ago. They probably won't get it back because of a car tax they passed that's unpopular
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        They lost the Supermajority when a state senator got recalled a week or two ago. They probably won't get it back because of a car tax they passed that's unpopular
        Did not know that, I stand corrected.

Comment

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

They've gone from dog whistle to steam whistle.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              That's great. Is it yours?
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                That's great. Is it yours?
                Thought of it off the top of my head, but I can't be sure I'm the first person.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                  The goal is to create at least one Republican state to siphon off electoral votes from the Dems. Everything else is window dressing.

Also why it has no chance in hell of passing.
                  Part of the plan. The other part is separating Silicon Valley and LA County so Tech Bros don’t have to pay taxes to support poor brown people.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Confirmed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Part of the plan. The other part is separating Silicon Valley and LA County so Tech Bros don’t have to pay taxes to support poor brown people.
                      And that's different from what I said...how?

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        And that's different from what I said...how?
                        It’s just more direct.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Some of it has to do with the laws, also, I think. CO has had minimal discussions about doing the same, to separate the rural (ranchers) from the cities (urbanization issues). Different lifestyles, wants, and needs.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                            Some of it has to do with the laws, also, I think.
                            It all boils down to localization. The ever-shrinking population of bitter clingers is all pouty that their kids are becoming librul city slickers who typically vote for progressive pols and policies.

Comment

It all boils down to localization. The ever-shrinking population of bitter clingers is all pouty that their kids are becoming librul city slickers who typically vote for progressive pols and policies.
                              To be fair, some are afraid of their kids being hick rubes who don't know anything about how civilization works.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Losing the farm to own the Libs
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X