Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

wubba lubba dub dub

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Average GDP/Capita in the US is $57,300, estimated, for 2018. According to those figures, GPD/Capita for CA is $67,873.

How does that compare to Cost of Living indices across the nation? Is the extra $10k per capita lost in increased housing costs? How is the money distributed? Hollywood and Silicon Valley must gobble up a lot of those numbers.
    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Quote Originally Posted by French Rage View Post
    Did someone try to malign CA here?

Generic Catchy Message

Quote Originally Posted by Slap Shot View Post
    Did someone try to malign CA here?
    Not here necessarily, but with the way the right talks about it as a failing state you'd think they're in a perpetual state of Mao's Great Leap Forward and that everyone is required to house an illegal immigrant.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

Go State! Beat Arizona St
    4-3-0 (0-0-0-0, t-5th B1G)

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Quote Originally Posted by St. Clown View Post
    Average GDP/Capita in the US is $57,300, estimated, for 2018. According to those figures, GPD/Capita for CA is $67,873.

How does that compare to Cost of Living indices across the nation? Is the extra $10k per capita lost in increased housing costs? How is the money distributed? Hollywood and Silicon Valley must gobble up a lot of those numbers.
    Mean or median? Mean won't mean anything in a place with such a high Gini.
    Cornell University
    NCAA Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
    Not here necessarily, but with the way the right talks about it as a failing state you'd think they're in a perpetual state of Mao's Great Leap Forward and that everyone is required to house an illegal immigrant.
    Gotta invite all ISIS members to cross the border so we can immediately give them a voter registration!

The growth, size and influence of CA is why the CA 3 proposal - to divide CA - is a very dangerous idea. Its addition of 4 senators to a total of 6 appears to be a field day for D, but based on the new gerrymandering, 2 of those would be guaranteed R. The problem with CA 3 is really twofold.

One, electoral votes. Right now CA is needed to help cover the bias in terms of the national electoral college towards Rs. If you negate 55 electoral votes by giving a third of them to the GOP...you've just locked in an electoral win for the GOP that might never be overcome. Two, the influence of CA in the US and global economy. When CA puts together legislation to encourage the environment or investments in new technology, CA spurs the US as companies and the US govt. are often forced to play along. State legislation helps moderate national legislation introduced by a congress that is faar right of the country. CAs importance is critical.

The right keeps talking about the higher costs like they mean CA is bad in some way. Higher costs in housing really means that everyone wants to live there...which means that that real people have voted that there is a noticeable better quality of life in CA based on pricing. So CA residents are spending increased incomes on quality of life. Not terrible. Saying CA is bad because its more expensive is like saying Amazon is bad because its stock is quite expensive but RJ Reynolds (Tobacco) is really cheap...CA just has better quality of life.
    Go Gophers!

Lucia Apologist

Richard Painter made an interesting claim on WCCO. He said that Tina smith is for the polymet mine and he is vehemently opposed to it.

Iíd really like to see Tina smith come out against that mine. Iím disappointed she is allegedly in favor of it.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Richard Painter made an interesting claim on WCCO. He said that Tina smith is for the polymet mine and he is vehemently opposed to it.

Iíd really like to see Tina smith come out against that mine. Iím disappointed she is allegedly in favor of it.
    I personally don't know nearly enough which causes me to say 'no'. But it seems like she has conditional support based on the state's stringent environmental hurdles. Here's her pov:

Smith said she's impressed by how far the copper-nickel mining project has come and said it's important for every stakeholder to contribute to this public comment period.

She said she trusts the DNR and the administrative law judge to review the comments and come to a fair decision and, if PolyMet meets their requirements she said she believes the project would benefit the Iron Range.

"I think that it's a good thing that we have these strong protections for Minnesota's air and water and if the PolyMet project is able to meet those standards then I think it'll go forward and that'll be good for jobs," she said.

http://www.wbng.com/story/37299196/s...umping-polymet
    Go Gophers!

Lucia Apologist

Please. They donít give a ****. Theyíll destroy the environment, pay some measly fine, and laugh all the way to the bank after raping the boundary waters.

Whenís the last time youíve heard of environmentally responsible extraction? Itís like clean coal. Itís a fairy tail.

Quote Originally Posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
    Please. They don’t give a ****. They’ll destroy the environment, pay some measly fine, and laugh all the way to the bank after raping the boundary waters.

When’s the last time you’ve heard of environmentally responsible extraction? It’s like clean coal. It’s a fairy tail.
    This.

I use to believe in Engineering. Engineering to solve problems. But after the BP oil spill and Flint? No more. Profit has too powerful a lobby.
    Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Glass at 0%: No Heart

there's a good buck in that racket.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    This.

I use to believe in Engineering. Engineering to solve problems. But after the BP oil spill and Flint? No more. Profit has too powerful a lobby.
    not to mention all the food they are making!!!
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Yep, still here

So three separate polls in WV show three different people leading the Republican Primary.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

The Dark One
    killin your brain like a poisonous mushroom

Quote Originally Posted by bronconick View Post
    So three separate polls in WV show three different people leading the Republican Primary.
    Would LMAO if Blankenship wins. Will truly show where the Republican party is despite desperate media attempts to normalize that treasonous money laundering cult.
    Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Go to https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-over...eral-schedule/ and compare the pay scales for federal government workers. The Bay Area has a 39.28% locality pay adjustment, LA has a 30.57% kicker and San Diego and its environs checks in at 27.88%.

there's a good buck in that racket.

1/4 of the nations homeless call California home

NICKERSON HAS [CENSORED]

It's almost like it's warm and the most populous state.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
    Shirtless Bob That's it, you win.
    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Lucia Apologist

And just like that, New Yorkís attorney general is dunzo

Quote Originally Posted by mookie1995 View Post
    1/4 of the nations homeless call California home
    Blame John Steinbeck

New York needs a new AG.

Thread Information