Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The States: Why does Minnesota wanna be Kansas?

Hey Kep - your wish was granted!!

https://www.al.com/expo/erry-2018/05...ssissippi.html
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
      This appears to be the new GOP ploy to holding town hall meetings without actually holding them. Jason Lewis held three of them last week, and you had to apply for a ticket. Most people who applied from the locality where one of the events was held was given a ticket to a different location, keeping the numbers down. Those in attendance had to submit all of their questions and concerns via a card submission. There wasn't really a chance to have a discussion. It's scripted from top to bottom. Why? They're getting their arses handed to them any time they actually host a real town hall meeting.

The cathedral in St. Cloud, MN, says "Hello!"
      That's most town halls. You think those ones on CNN are actually random questions?

And it's White Cloud, from my understanding. And it's truth. Yet they protested the Sioux nickname. Hypocrisy at its finest.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Hawaii. I was there a few years ago. It does get to you.

http://bit.ly/2shwCcH
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids
        5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
        1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Sigh.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/05/2...nion&smtyp=cur

Taxing churches is one of the things I want to see happen very, very badly
          Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 05-27-2018, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
            How many years until we're "parliamentary" with coalition governments?
            Ah never
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              Ah never
              We already are. The coalitions just get formed before the primaries instead of after the election.

Comment

Originally posted by unofan View Post
                We already are. The coalitions just get formed before the primaries instead of after the election.
                There is something to this way of looking at it, but those coalition members never switch sides, or at least they don't anymore. We have "coalitions of participation" defined by getting to the polls, rather than "coalitions of alignment" defined by which side you back.
                Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Schuette's already gone negative against Calley.

Then again... having Trump's endorsement may screw him.
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    Schuette's already gone negative against Calley.

Then again... having Trump's endorsement may screw him.
                    They've been going negative on each other for a month now.

Also, I love how he keeps bringing up Granholm and the "Lost Decade" (that he insists on putting in caps). The Mole is old news, dude. Give it a rest.
                    Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 05-28-2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      They've been going negative on each other for a month now.

Also, I love how he keeps bringing up Granholm and the "Lost Decade" (that he insists on putting in caps). The Mole is old news, dude. Give it a rest.
                      Yeah, Granholm's not running. Yet, he keeps talking about the Granholm era.

I didn't envy Granholm; she had to clean up after Engler.

Any idea as to who the Democrat nominee will be?
                      Last edited by MissThundercat; 05-28-2018, 04:37 PM.
                      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                      Patreon for exclusive writing content
                      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                        Yeah, Granholm's not running. Yet, he keeps talking about the Granholm era.

I didn't envy Granholm; she had to clean up after Engler.

Any idea as to who the Democrat nominee will be?
                        I like El-Sayad, but he's not doing so well in the polls right now.

Whitmer appears to be your regular generic Democrat.

Shri is just a man looking to buy his way into office. He's branding himself as a Berniecrat, but he's given to Republican causes in the past and apparently was a big Rubio support in 2016, and reportedly met with experts to decide whether to run as a Republican or Democrat. Additionally his drug companies have had issues with contamination and animal abuse. He's actually top in some polls right now because he's been able to give himself a head start using his own money to buy ads for the last year or so.
                        Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

A state that chose Donald Trump is not electing a guy named El-Sayad, even in a blue environment.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                            A state that chose Donald Trump is not electing a guy named El-Sayad, even in a blue environment.
                            Correct. It's Gretchen or bust.

Comment

With some other Michigan news, "Pass, then Amend" pot looks to be increasing in favor among legislators. Still doesn't look like they'll have enough to stop it from going to the ballot, though.

And a $12 minimum wage will also be going to the ballot.
                              Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                A country that chose Donald Trump elected a guy named Hussein.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X